Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Leaving a MIDI controller on for hours at a time...

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:25 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 09:25 AM #1 of 3
Leaving a MIDI controller on for hours at a time...

Hey.
I just got a brand new 88-key controller that's completely USB powered, which means that when my computer's on, the controller's on. There's an on/off switch on the controller, but if I turn it off and then on again, Windows has to re-recognize and install necessary devices.

My question is: is it okay to leave this controller on for hours at a time? I use it intermittently but it's idle a lot, so I don't know if it'd be better for the device to be off when I'm not using it. Opinions?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:05 PM #2 of 3
The only problem that I can think of that would be of any importance is the LEDs burning out. Otherwise, I don't think there should be too much trouble.

I would suggest you turn it off if you are going to leave it alone for several days in a row, just in case

There's nowhere I can't reach.

pentatonic_blue
Wark!

Member 13243

Level 3.31

Sep 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:38 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 09:38 PM #3 of 3
Should be no worries at all. instruments such as synths and MIDI controllers are designed with the knowledge that some musicians will either be on stage regularly where the controller must be on for hours at a time, or in the studio where the controller is on for most of the day, every day. Just as long as its off when you leave the house, go to bed or if there's a really bad thunderstorm out side.
PS. First post - hooray for me!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Leaving a MIDI controller on for hours at a time...