Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Weird problem with BPFTP server

jPokalypse
Wark!

Member 1358

Level 3.20

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 02:27 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 07:27 PM #1 of 3
Weird problem with BPFTP server

Hi guys, I have a strange problem with BPFTP server and I wonder if you guys have seen it before. I'm running WinXP Pro and when someone connects to my FTP server and start a transfer, the transfer rate crawls like hell (<1Mbit/s even though over LAN) and the server process eats up my processor (95% load!). I tried different versions of BPFTP server (including latest one) and it still does the same thing. Using Cerberus FTP server is fine though, but I like the control that BPFTP gives you. More strange is that when I tried it again on my new computer, it still does pretty much the same thing, except the processor load is 49%. It doesn't take much guessing to figure that it is using up one of my two cores, so its still the same problem (I am still running WinXP Pro). I'm beginning to wonder if it is some other program/process I installed that clashes with the server, or may be something that changed the libraries the server uses. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 02:04 PM #2 of 3
Back when I was using a crack to register BPFTP, something along those lines happened to me occasionally, but it wasn't consistent and repeatable like what you're talking about.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 02:28 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 08:28 PM #3 of 3
You could try switching over to FileZilla Server. It offers similar control to BPFTP.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Weird problem with BPFTP server