Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ID3v1 and ID3v2 query...

Erocental
Syklis Green

Member 2650

Level 7.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 04:31 PM #1 of 2
ID3v1 and ID3v2 query...

Hi!

Im about to re-rip all my mp3 and tag current ones again in the highest quality mp3...

What I do is they are tagged automatically with the software I use to rip the CDE, Easy CD-DA Extractor. However the ones that already exist I just right-click and edit their properties through windows and it works fine. I want to get rid of the v1 tags though as most of the track names etc. show up as incomplete and it gets annoying, hehe! Would this cause any problems to the file? Thanks!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 07:53 PM #2 of 2
Originally Posted by Erocental
I want to get rid of the v1 tags though as most of the track names etc. show up as incomplete and it gets annoying, hehe! Would this cause any problems to the file? Thanks!
No, removing or replacing tags has no affect on the actual audio stream. I would recommend that you use a proper tagging program though, as tagging each file manually the way you said sounds like slave work to me.

I'd suggest using Tag&Rename.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > ID3v1 and ID3v2 query...