Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

PSP Music Ripping and AT3 files?

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 03:35 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 02:35 PM #1 of 4
PSP Music Ripping and AT3 files?

Concerning the atrac3 decompressor that was posted earlier in this thread - http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/au...ogy-2-rip.html

Is there any way to decode atrac3 files without the use of a PSP in your posession or is this currently the only known way to do so?

I have 2 PSP ISO's (Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 which I was hoping to do proper looped high quality rips of. They've both been on my comp for a long time now.) but I don't own a PSP. There are stream files and there are AT3 files, neither of which I seem to be able to do anything with. I was hoping that I could extract the music off of the ISO's to do a proper rip and maybe use something (a program? a plugin? a codec?) to convert the music from atrac3 into wav format on my computer for easy editing but it seems that may not be the case. Can someone point me in the general direction of something that would allow me to do this or am I stuck since I don't own a modded PSP in my posession? Does someone here know how to convert the files and be willing to send them back if I upload them?

Really this is the only thing I genuinely want to rip off of the PSP but I'm really at wits end on how to do it properly, if it can be done at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
datschge
Sakuraba Fan

Member 9353

Level 11.78

Jul 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:58 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 11:58 PM #2 of 4
Under Windows you can install SonicStage and use HiMDRenderer to convert at3 files with standard headers. Non-standard headers won't play, but you can easily hack in a standard header yourself if you take the time to learn the RIFF WAVE header standard and compare several at3 files' data. Use Google to find out about all those.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:10 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 11:10 PM #3 of 4
Thank you datschge. I appreciate that. I'll get to googling the stuff and figuring it out right now.

I don't really know jack about programming (IE: COMPLETELY BLIND AND DUMB) but it sounds like it can't be TOO hard if i study at it a bit. Do you mind if I ask some basic questions in this thread if I run into a stumbling block while attempting this? I'd really appreciate it as - like I said - I'm going into this totally blind but am willing to learn (might help for any future ripping projects too).

Take care.

Additional Spam:
General note - there's no need anymore. I managed to get the music I wanted extracted so that I can work with it. Thanks again Datschge. I really appreciated the help

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Dubble; Mar 30, 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:14 PM #4 of 4
Here is also a tool that works on a hacked PSP, so far it has sucessfully converted a handful of at3's that i have.

FC?PSP??? AT3 Converter ver.1.1a ????

I will upload the program in a few.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > PSP Music Ripping and AT3 files?