Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Evil Zone original game audio

Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 05:51 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2008, 03:51 PM #1 of 4
Evil Zone original game audio

So I have the original XA.PAC file for this and not a single program in our universe can successfully open it. I've tried over a dozen of them. What boggles my mind is that RuneWalsh did an "original game audio" rip and I kind of doubt he did a line-in recording. It sounds too good and he has some odd bonus track in there too.

Anyone know how RuneWalsh did this? I'd like to know how because I'd kind of like to do a rip of this (and anything else that happens to come along in PAC) myself.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:22 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2008, 04:22 PM #2 of 4
I have the Evil Zone soundtrack, doesn't specify if its a Game Rip or not, but it has this in the .nfo notes:

Quote:
-Album Details-

Title: Fuujin Ryouiki Eretzvaju Original Soundtrack
Publisher: A'zip Music Inc.
Catalog Number: AZCA-10018
Release Date: February 26th, 1999
Price: ¥2,854

-Music Credits-

Sound Composition T's Music

-Extraction Details-

Software: Exact Audio Copy V0.95 prebeta 5
Extraction Method: Secure mode with 'Accurate Stream' feature
MP3 Encoder: LAME 3.90.3
Command Line: --alt-preset standard
ID3 Tags: ID3v2.3.0 - complete, ID3v1.1 - abbreviated

Ripped by Godai on 9/21/04
Included Files: NFO, SFV, M3U
Maybe that can help you out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trench
The Raven

Member 2985

Level 17.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:40 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2008, 10:40 PM #3 of 4
EDIT: Oh, I missed the part above the big quote. Well, Evil Zone does have an original soundtrack... I'm 99.9% certain that Godai's rip is an original soundtrack rip. It has a 14-minute-or-so sound effect track at the end containing Japanese voices, whereas RuneWalsh's rip contains some sort of narrative Erel does at the end of the game for his rip.

I'm talking about the sound file from the game disc... XA.PAC. That's talking about using LAME to rip the music from the original soundtrack CD. I'm wondering how RuneWalsh did his rip, not Godai. Thanks anyway though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Trench; Sep 11, 2008 at 01:37 AM.
Rune Walsh
Fifth Generation Lutz

Member 2407

Level 4.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2008, 01:56 AM #4 of 4
My rip was indeed a line-in rip from the game's sound test.

I'm not very good with disc files...it's just too much to deal with so I usually just stick with the good old fashioned way.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Evil Zone original game audio