Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Recording Audio from PC.

QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 05:03 PM #1 of 6
Recording Audio from PC.

Its easy recording audio from console games, but what about on a PC where you cannot directly extract the files and have to rely at least recording them from your speakers, When your in the game you always have to alt-Tab out and start the recording program and other sounds get in the way while your reentering the game, i tried audicy but that doesn't work with ingame hotkeys.

I was wondering if there was a better PC program to cap audio ingame with a hotkey?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cstrife0777
Now known as Kishi

Member 9974

Level 8.06

Jul 2006

Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:56 PM #2 of 6
Have you tried starting the recording program, reenter the game and THEN go into the section of the game you wish to record? Afterwards you just cut out the sounds, section of the music you don't want, and you're done.

I think you would probably be able to do the same thing as if you're ripping from a console. If you had 2 PCs, just route the "headphones" cord to your other PC's Line-In jack.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:20 AM #3 of 6
I've had good experiences with Total Recorder v4.x a few years ago. It intercepts all sound information that goes to your speakers. Not sure about your in-game hotkeys problem though.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Pezman
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7964

Level 1.47

Jun 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:28 PM #4 of 6
I'd like to know how easy it is to record audio from consoles. Because I've looked into TV tuners and such and haven't found one that looks good.

Recording from PC is easy, though. Just start up Fraps and then extract the audio from the movie file.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
reep0
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31935

Level 1.02

Oct 2008

Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:36 AM #5 of 6
i guess that better tools for direct recordin/cuttin, mb not.
mp3DirectCut - editor to cut, fade, split and record compressed mpeg audio

mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3. You can directly cut, copy, paste or change the volume with no need to decompress your files for audio editing. This saves encoding time and preserves the original quality, because nothing will be re-encoded. The built in recorder creates mp3 on the fly from your audio input. Using Cue sheets, pause detection or Auto cue you can easily divide long files.

I was speaking idiomatically.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 01:29 PM #6 of 6
My soundcard is fuk'd so if I open up any recording program and whatever I'm doing (given it be music, gaming) it will record it, it would be a great thing for you to have I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Recording Audio from PC.