Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Winamp Media Library woes

Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:32 AM #1 of 1
Winamp Media Library woes

Here, take a look at this.

http://xs221.xs.to/xs221/07465/foovswinamp2.jpg

It's two screens wide.

See I'm only currently using Foobar for one major reason only.

Those nice two windows that take the space of the bottom right of the window, the Library Viewer and the Playlist switcher.

Winamp DOES have a similar feature, I know, it's the media library. For the most part it does infact do about the same thing, after removing a ton of crap i didn't need.

BUT It doesn't do what foobar does. Hell i'll just be blunt and specific about it.

When i click on a playlist in foobar, it 'switches' to that playlist in the playlist viewer. If i delete and edit things in that viewer, it's saved automatically into that playlist. If i click on something in the library, it's added to a playlist called library by itself (ie: clicking a directory shows the entire contents of it in the playlist). It's small and uninvasive and there are no crappy buttons in the way.

Pretty much, I'm asking, is there anything i can do to replicate this behavior and functionality in Winamp?

At the moment it's the only thing keeping me from going back to Winamp, seeing as i'm tired of trying to configure foobar to work as i want(IE: Toaster vs Pretty popup. Toaster works, PP refuses to let itself be configured)

Though one thing that annoys me in winamp is the iChange skin, jeez the top margin is heug in the playlist...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Winamp Media Library woes