Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Costum Resolutions

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 04:53 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2006, 10:53 PM #1 of 1
Custom Resolutions

I recently moved from a Geforce 4 MX to a Radeon 9600 (ya, I know, but its good enough for me).

Graphic quality is of course a mile better, and while the Radeon drivers are not bad, I could not find an option inside all the bloat. An option that I have very frequently used on the Geforce drivers, namely the ability to add custom resolutions. Stuff like 704x480 (sega saturn) or 604x448 (neogeo) or 768x448 (CPS2). With the Geforce drivers, I could add all of these custom modes, through a little trial and error. But I can't do it on my Radeon which makes me sad as half of the games I play needs to be reconfigured.

Is there ANY way to add custom resolutions to Radeon cards? I've tried that mythical "Powerstrip" thing but I need to reboot after EVERY added resolution, which is a pain because quite often I need a specific refresh rate for the resolution mode to work (for example, I need 16bit and 75hz for 604x448 to work) - and with constant reboots just for adding a resolution mode, figuring out the correct modes is just about impossible. That and I can barely figure out how to use the thing anyway.

edit: GRRR TYPO how do I shot web, I mean, change the topic name to fix the custom thing?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by evilboris; Jul 8, 2006 at 06:23 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Costum Resolutions