Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How do I configure SmartFTP to autoresume?

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:57 PM #1 of 7
How do I configure SmartFTP to autoresume?

I must have sat down a dozen individual times with the specific intent to learn how to use Global Queue, but it still confuses me. The latest version completely removed Session Queue, so I'm stuck using dumb Direct Download.

Most of the time on certain FTPs, my downloads just repeatedly stop for no reason (that I can ascertain, at least). I don't get kicked off the server, because my status remains at Idle. Is there something I can do that will enable SmartFTP to know that it's being a dick so it'll autoresume a halted download?
Thaaaaaaanks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Arcane Knight
Carob Nut

Member 1124

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:01 AM #2 of 7
i've been having the same problems.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Argentis
RyuFAN

Member 4057

Level 31.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:36 AM #3 of 7
Same here

Most amazing jew boots
Arcane Knight
Carob Nut

Member 1124

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 09:46 AM #4 of 7
i turned off windows firewall and that seems to have fixed the problem with downloads aborting. i still can't get the queue to work for some reason though. :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
tenseiken
Syklis Green

Member 532

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:24 PM #5 of 7
What exactly about the global queue is confusing you? You can set up retry attempts and such by goting to Tools -> Settings -> Queue, but whether or not it will help with your random stopping, I can't say--never had that problem.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arcane Knight
Carob Nut

Member 1124

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:48 PM #6 of 7
ugh actually it seems as though that didn't work. smartftp is just too damn buggy now, what are there some other good ftp programs? :aargh:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 03:01 PM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by tenseiken
...but whether or not it will help with your random stopping, I can't say--never had that problem.
It happens most notably on seanne's server. Some other servers are perfectly fine, which is why I have my doubts that it's something on my end.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > How do I configure SmartFTP to autoresume?