Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:16 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 10:16 PM #1 of 10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie

Tried searching for it, but the last thread about it seems to have been made several months ago, and didn't want to revive it (although mods, feel free to merge this with the other one if you deem it necessary).

Anyway, I just saw it tonight, not expecting much at all. After all, this is yet another CGI movie coming out in the middle of spring, so it can't be that great right?

I was surprised by it actually. While the look of the characters takes a little getting used to, they still feel like the turtles and everything. The CGI is pretty well done considering that I've never heard of the company that did the work on it (I can't even remember their name atm). At times I could've sworn that they must've been using the rubber suits from the live action movies again, but the turtles almost feel realistic.

The storyline was pretty interesting (bad guy wants to takeover the world, and somehow the Foot Clan and aliens are involved, but if you're familiar with Ninja Turtles, then it shouldn't be that radically different from stuff you've seen before), and the character development for some of the characters was pretty sweet.

Spoiler:
Like the fight between Raphael and Leonardo. I haven't read all the comics or kept up with all the new cartoon series, but I've never seen them so angry at each other that they were on the verge of killing each other. Filmmakers take note, this is how you develop character lol, by actually making people care about the character and why he does what he does.

Granted, Donatello and Michaelangelo unfortunately don't get terribly much development, but they do play their support roles pretty well, esp. Mikey. He's definitely classic ninja turtles.

Even the main bad guy, who's not Shredder, has an interesting motive for wanting to do what he does, as explained in the beginning of the movie, but I won't spoil it anymore than what I said here. His backstory goes in well with the Turtle's "Brotherhood" ties.

The movie felt a little short, especially towards the end, when you could start to tell that it was probably rushed. But everything before that seemed somewhat well paced, and often kept you on the edge of your seat as to what could happen next.

There were a lot of kids in the theater I was in, but strangely enough, many of them were quiet for most of the movie. In fact, my friend who was sitting next to me was more annoying with his attempts at making witty comments throughout the movie, but that was usually drowned out by laughter from the comic relief scenes (and there are plenty of them, despite the movie's "dark" feel).

Oh yeah, one other thing I thought was badass:

Spoiler:
Splinter finally kicks some ass. Not terribly much, but at least he does something other than preach to the turtles on how they should be moral and what not. At least here you get a small sample of seeing him kick butt, kind of like Yoda in Star Wars.

I would definitely recommend seeing it if you're a Turtles fan, or just like watching decent CGI movies (I'm so glad that they didn't just stick to comedy the entire time in this movie. I wish we had more CGI movies in America with a wider variety of genres in them. And yes, there are a lot of funny parts, but usually it fits in well with the scene, so it doesn't feel too out of place).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:41 PM #2 of 10
This movie rocks. It totally reminded me how much I loved the original animated series. It has the nostalgia touch and it works. Mikey's jokes were always welcomed. I think me and my friends were the only grownups and we were laughing alone. And right at the beginning we were wondering "is it really a PG-rated movie?" It was well done, funny, entertaining.

Spoiler:
I heard Shredder got his head cutted off in the latest animated series ? is that true ?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 10:18 PM #3 of 10
I was thinking of waiting for a DVD release on this after seeing some bad reviews (on rottentomatoes) but most Turtle fans seem to enjoy it, so I think I will go watch it after all...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 07:35 PM #4 of 10
I saw this movie the other night and thought it was pretty terrible.

The animation/cgi was pretty much the only redeeming factor for seeing this movie, because it was very well done. But otherwise... I came out of the theater sorely dissapointed.

I hate the new ninja turtles

Most amazing jew boots
Erisu Kimu
Stealth Assassin

Member 8250

Level 15.02

Jun 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 07:57 PM #5 of 10
I was going to see this, but changed my mind. I'm more of a fan of the original Turtles and old school movies/cartoons. I always wanted to see Bebop and Rocksteady or Leatherhead in the movies, but it looks like that'll never happen.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:27 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 09:27 PM #6 of 10
Shouldn't this thread be in The Sewers?

Hee hee!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:55 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 01:55 PM #7 of 10
Shouldn't this thread be in The Sewers?

Hee hee!
Hilarious! XD

Bouncing cheese for you:

FELIPE NO
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:31 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 07:31 PM #8 of 10
The entire time I was watching the movie... I just kept thinking, over and over again...

Where... the hell... is my Shredder?!

And who the hell is this Kurai chick? Shredder's offspring?

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I'm just old, or old school. I kept hoping I'd get the feeling I got when I watched the old movies with the live-action turtles. But there was nothing.

My friends pointed out a few funny things though.

Max Winters looked A LOT like Mr. Incredible.
April's combat outfit looked like Uma Thurman's yellow suit in Kill Bill.
Splinter sounded either constipated, drunk, or about to hurl 99% of the time. (Don't get me wrong, I like Mako's work in Avatar, but here... hmm... didn't sound right)
That little monster that Raph tries to fight in the diner felt like a rip-off of Stitch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 08:51 PM #9 of 10
Haha. When April put on the ninja suit, I said out loud in the theater to my girlfriend, "When are YOU gonna dress like a ninja?"

Annnnnyways. CGI? Good. Turtles characters? Good. Comedy? Good. Main plotline? Stuuuuuupid. Feels like the plotline was written up by a 10 year old with an overactive imagination. And I know, because when I was 10, I would've fucking LOVED this movie. Now, though, I just mildly enjoyed it.

I'd rent it if I hadn't already seen it. End of story.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:36 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 10:36 PM #10 of 10
The entire time I was watching the movie... I just kept thinking, over and over again...

Where... the hell... is my Shredder?!

And who the hell is this Kurai chick? Shredder's offspring?

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I'm just old, or old school. I kept hoping I'd get the feeling I got when I watched the old movies with the live-action turtles. But there was nothing.
Shredder died. You've gotta realize that it's a continuation of the same series of movies. Remember at the end when Splinter is putting away the helmet? Did you see all the other artifacts from the previous flicks including the TGRI ooze container and the Shredder's helmet? Also, Karai was in the comics.

The turtles flicks have tried to stay more true to the comics than they have the 87' cartoon series. Some of the only things that they've kept from the cartoon are the multicolored bandanas (in the comics they were originally in black and white and then when color was added, they were all red) and the fact that April was a reporter.

I enjoyed this new movie for what it was, and am looking forward to more in the franchise. I liked that they were true to character with all the turtles. I'm hoping that if they do another one that they will focus on the further development of Mike and Don as this story primarily focused on Raph and Leo. The Raph/Leo fight was amazing! It's a grudge match that I always wanted to see as a child and the outcome was as my 8 year old self would've expected.

If I had to grade it, I'd give it anywhere between a 6.5 or 7/10.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie