Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Next thread feature?

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 05:32 PM #1 of 13
Next thread feature?

I thought we had this some time ago, but I don't see it anymore. It would be helpful in particular for the best VGM song contest, for example. Therefore, one would not have to go back to the primary forum section and instead go straight to the next thread in line.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 11:39 AM #2 of 13
The members have spoken

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Duminas
Something

Member 29

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 07:50 PM #3 of 13
Blah, minor, but it's still around in the Light theme.
Might it be removed there as well? Just a bit of an irritant, unless there was some reason to keep it around in that one I'm unaware of.

Most amazing jew boots

Need help using an FTP client? Look no further! ««
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:54 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2006, 01:54 AM #4 of 13
God whoever voted for that to disable is a retard. Well most of them. You are removing extra functionality to the boards. Lets get a clue here.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:25 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 06:25 PM #5 of 13
I have to question the logic of the people who "never noticed it" but resolved to have it removed anyway. If it's not in the way, so to speak, what harm was there in keeping it there anyway, for the event that someone comes along and wants to use it (like now)?

I was speaking idiomatically.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:14 AM #6 of 13
I question the fact that you're bringing these things up MONTHS after the original poll was held, when this opinion may have actually swayed the voting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:15 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 10:15 AM #7 of 13
Originally Posted by BZ
God whoever voted for that to disable is a retard. Well most of them. You are removing extra functionality to the boards. Lets get a clue here.
Having too many features is bad for usability. A bunch of useless features on a forum is usually the sign of some sixteen-year-old who just scratched up enough money for a vBulletin licence, and whoo baby, he's going to install hacks now like you wouldn't believe, check out this cool forum store feature, not to mention the battle arena!!

I am exaggerating, but the vast majority of people really didn't use that feature, and the only good reason for it to exist was contest forums like BSC. Maybe, if it could be turned on in those specific forums, that would be ok. If not, then it's not so hard to open threads manually, especially if you use tabbed browsing.

FELIPE NO
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:18 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 02:18 PM #8 of 13
Originally Posted by Mo0
I question the fact that you're bringing these things up MONTHS after the original poll was held, when this opinion may have actually swayed the voting.
This topic is dated 3 days ago. The issue appears to be extant sir. Go and stamp your 'Best Before' labels elsewhere.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 08:42 PM #9 of 13
True Aard I probably wouldn't have used it for much else besides the contest, but someone should just put it in at .000001 font for all I care. Not going to make the boards look dumb or anything.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2006, 07:18 PM #10 of 13
Originally Posted by Kolba
This topic is dated 3 days ago. The issue appears to be extant sir. Go and stamp your 'Best Before' labels elsewhere.
Dear retard,

Mo0 meant that BZ should have brought it up when the feature was initially removed, which was ages ago at this point. To bring up the topic now saying WHERE DID THIS FEATURE GO shows that no one really uses it except in very specialized circumstances and that it wasn't really missed at all until this point.

If anything, it strengthens the case against removing the feature, since no one gave enough of a shit until now.

Much <3,
CS

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 03:57 AM #11 of 13
If BZ had have known this matter was officially laid to rest MANY MOONS AGO, would he have made the thread? No. Mo0 was actually addressing me for sharing my opinion now rather than back then.

As much as I would like to be present when every small feature that might possibly affect us is put to the public vote, occasionally I miss things. Maybe a mass e-mail should have been sent out to every active gff account at the time, to make sure everybodies opinion was accounted for. I severely question Bigblah's democratic institution in this instance.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:13 PM #12 of 13
You're both right. I was questioning BZ's creation of the thread months after the fact, and I was also surprised that Kolba had what was a rather well-spoken opinion on the issue that was ultimately useless because it was posted months late.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Next thread feature?