Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes Season Two Discussion

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:00 PM #176 of 191
I have to say that the ending just blew me away! I think it was a perfect way to close the season and I didn't saw it coming!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:11 PM #177 of 191
Thank you, local NBC affiliate, for interrupting Heroes to let me know there's a hostage situation in a house somewhere and that you currently have no details at all about it. Truly an informative break-in. I especially enjoyed the 10 seconds of dead air at the end with nothing but the camera on a silent reporter.

Spoiler:
Came back from it in time to see Peter holding dust, so I assume he burned/zapped the virus after a dramatic leap/telekinetic move. Now I'll have to find that one part when NBC puts the episode online.

Other than that interruption, great episode tonight. Not sure why Peter didn't just demonstrate his powers at the end though. I guess his idiocy hadn't quite worn off yet.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:24 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 10:24 PM #178 of 191
I'll admit the episodes haven't been great as of late, but seriously, I don't understand why there is so much hate for them.

Because of the writer's strike, they have had to cram an entire series worth of shows, 120 hours of story, into 3 final episodes. Does anyone not realize this? Or am I completely wrong in thinking that because of the writer's strike, the writer's of the show were completely pressured into getting as much of the season in as they could before it went on?

I'm willing to bank the entire season would have panned out to be quite awesome IF they had the time to better perfect the writing.
That's not right. There were 3 episodes to this season that hadn't yet been scripted. The "season finale" that we saw tonight wasn't intended to be the real finale. But the producers said that they felt like this episode was strong enough to suffice as the end of this season, as it concluded a few major plot elements, and created a few more questions to have for next season. There may be more episodes filmed that follow the finale, but they won't be aired this season because there isn't another good stopping point, not to mention the originally planned finale isn't written nor filmed. I suspect that there are going to be some rewrites and the like to make the beginning of next season flow a little bit better (or we might just have a really awesome first few episodes, which the show may need if we don't get any new episodes until Fall 2008, with this strike).

ANYWAY...

Finale was decent, although not as good as last season by any means. It leaves plenty of questions, but of course...everything is open-ended. Great cliffhangers. And I don't know how it's possible that I can just keep hating Angela more and more every episode. Crazy bitch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:36 PM #179 of 191
That wasn't too good. I've hated this entire season pretty much. It also sucks that what was going to be a 30-episode season (more or less) became an 11 episode season.

I'm hoping that they'll get their act together and make season 3 more like season 1.

Good thing that vial fell in slow motion so Peter could run to it on time, on foot, from halfway down a corridor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 10:43 PM #180 of 191
Good thing that vial fell in slow motion so Peter could run to it on time, on foot, from halfway down a corridor.
it's not like there was a splitscreen showing the events happening at the same time. stuff happens concurrently but at different times on television quite a bit!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:56 PM #181 of 191
Besides, when you have a hero with time travelling abilities, things like "better catch that!" have a bit less suspense involved.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2007, 12:10 AM 1 #182 of 191
Some many stupid things *urgh*:
1) Hiro still doesn’t say he is trying to release the virus and instead goes on about his father. Way to make an argument Hiro.

2) Peter is still a gullible idiot how many people need to tell you that Adman is evil before you get the hint. By my count it was four, four come on.

3) The let expose ourselves since that will so take the heat off of us idea still doesn’t make since. Ya the company will stop hunting you only to be replaced by every other government agency, scientists, religious wackos who think you are the second coming, media tabloids and basically everyone.

4) Clarie’s blood= life 2 on command is a worse plot deceive than I thought, first of all it ruined Nathans execution since we all know peter could bring him back he has the same ability as Claire and Adman, so the scene went from “omg they killed him” to “think Peter try using your blood just like Adam did” not nearly as dramatic but that just the beginning of this horrible idea:

5) They used it to bring back Maya. Maya! The one I was cheering Sylar on for killing!. Somebody decapitate Claire before her blood brings back anymore people who should stay dead.

6) Speaking about Maya many have talked about how they feel that Heroes has sexist and/pr racist undertones in some of it characters, I thought they were over reacting then I met Maya a character straight out of a bad telanovela if I ever saw one. BTW what was the point of the twins again? To give Slyer a ride? At the end of the volume 2 and that all I can see.

7) New Orleans was again totally irrelevant to the main plot and the climax is that Nikki died at least her death was better than DL’s.

8) Speaking of Nikki it annoys me how Doh’inder only seems to have her in mind. OK you give a psychopath the ability to regain an arsenal of deadly abilities and all you think is “OMG Nikki” Not "OMG if he injects that he’ll be unstable" not "OMG what if he tries to blow up New York like he might have four months ago". This was the same problem I had with him killing HRG to continue his research he never mentioned to HRG the gravity of finding a cure no “it could mutate again” he talked about saving a women, do you secretly want to fuck Nikki or something? Seeing this shortsightedness especially when we know the stakes doesn’t make Mohinder look particularly bright.

9) All this seasons the company seemed much weaker something about the boss, his daughter, and Mohinder seemly being the only top level people in it. This epi keeps making them look like idots, this safe place isn’t really that any safer then a bank assuming you know where it is, because you know bank security have guns and not just nightsticks. Your protecting the deadliest thing on the plant (stored safely in a high school biology glass vile) with nightsticks!? You are not doing a good job of being a big bad company here fellows. Honestly, were we supposed to be impressed by Peter and Adam fighting their way in, I was laughing at how underpowered their opponents were.

10) Ok back to Peter, Earth to Peter you can read mother-fucking minds. Why where we not show him at least trying to do that to Adam. The big problem with have a character with so many powers, you can’t having him do what the plot demands without having him look like a total idiot. I could fanwack that he still has problems controlling his powers but after he easily used Ted’s power the one whose inability for him to control was a major plot point I really can’t do that anymore. On the same note, you can phase through walls why did you not do that instead of wearing yourself out with TK?

I could keep going but ya I think you get the hint did not like the final, only expectation my speculation that HRG was the assassin who did the deed, did not like the season, will likely not be watching volume 3,

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:29 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 10:29 PM #183 of 191
It was really cool how Peter decided it would be better to rip the door off the vault instead of just walking through the wall. Oh wait, then how would there be a {not at all} tense standoff between Hiro and Adam.

Oh don't worry about Nathan getting shot. Peter will just go back in time and hand his brother a bulletproof vest, so he'll be alright.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:46 PM #184 of 191
I was hoping at some point they'd kill Peter (shistorm), remove him from the main plot, or make him lose his powers. Dude is waaaaay to powerful, and every episode people are like "why didn't he just --?" and the answer is always something contrived like, "well, he didn't think that such and such would happen this way and he wasn't really trying to do this and that." He is potentially the most powerful character and he's limited only by how stupid the writers choose to make him.

Also I like how he never really solved his radioactivity problem. Last season he was ready to go boom as soon as he looked at Ted Sprague, and eventually that power did overcome him. This season he seems to have mastered it - considering it's never been a problem since his first explosion - even though he's never had the opportunity to even try to control it properly, especially since a good portion of his time he was in a prison, suppressing his powers just because he thought he was too dangerous. Realistically he should still be a potential nuclear bomb.

Most amazing jew boots
liuu
Carob Nut

Member 1698

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:40 AM #185 of 191
There was the part where Elle said she lost Sylar... while standing right in front of Molly. The one person who can find anyone in the world just by thinking about them.

That made me go wtf?!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 01:12 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 11:12 PM #186 of 191
I think you guys are expecting too much from a show that had its writers ditch it mid way through. Every show on television is suffering.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Stuff goes here~
Draz
Not-So-Tortured Poet

Member 5387

Level 7.02

Apr 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:27 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2007, 03:27 PM #187 of 191
I think a lot of the problem people have with the show at this point is stuff like "The powers of such and such create such and such plot-hole" - guess what? It's a show about supernatural abilities. The writers aren't going to cripple the premise they founded the show on (which everyone LOVED SO MUCH) just because people bitch about it. This is how progression works - if the series starts out with everyone unable to control their powers, given enough time, they will LEARN to control them. When that happens, yes, there are plot holes, but don't fault the writers for throwing some logic into an unrealistic premise.

That being said, yes, there is some stupid stuff that goes on, as well as a lack of foresight from the writers back in season one. All in all, it adds up to a shaky footing for any continuations of Heroes. When you have people with world-ruining abilities, what is there left to do in the world? You can do whatever you want, game over, why even watch the show?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Signatures are so overrated...

Pretentious Music Blather. <--- Music snobbery, not currently updated. Worth reading anyway.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:00 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 06:00 PM #188 of 191
I kept thinking that the cliffhanger would be the release of the virus. And I thought that the stuff about the company creating the virus was a red herring. I thought the virus would be created and released when Maya was killed, that when she died her anger/sadness/whatever would unleash this massive sickness. What they did was less cool, but still made for exciting television. I mean, I want to see what happens next. For most shows on TV, I wouldn't really care at all if I never saw another episode.

How ya doing, buddy?
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:49 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:49 PM #189 of 191
Here's a link to ep 11 if anyone's lookin for it.
Megaupload

I was speaking idiomatically.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:58 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 04:58 PM #190 of 191
Odds are that Nathan will come back, hehe

And fuck Peter. That fucker is a cardboard of an actor.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 12:02 AM #191 of 191
Ok, so apparently at the Jules Verne Festival for Heroes.. they showed footage from volume three...

Here is an account of everything that was shown.. some of you might not belive it, but, I have seen multiple accounts and they are all the same, this is the most detailed..

Read
Video Clip

In case the link doesn't work...
Quote:
Ok, so I went to the Jules Verne Festival for Heroes: The Event in LA and. Dude. Dude. They showed footage from the third volume, "Villains." DO NOT peek behind the cut unless you want to be spoiled!

SYLAR, and lots of him. It's hard to describe exactly what we were shown--most of it must have been a dream sequence or future-jump scenario because everyone was dead. The bodies of the main cast were littered around what looked like a trashed Company prison. I can only remember Claire (dressed as a cheerleader) and Matt's bodies clearly, but it was pretty grotesque (yay! Not a lot of that this season).

Apparently there will be the equivalent of "Seven Sylars running around." It sounds like seven killers with abilities, locked up by The Company, have escaped. The only one prominently featured was a lithe black man who seemed to have preternatural speed--and used that to rip a cop's heart out of his chest (or did something with it that killed the guy because he was very much dead afterwards). If I remember correctly all the other killers were just shadows in the asylum's hallway. IMO it looks like Sylar may be the one to break these people out, since he is seen killing at least three people for their abilities... but perhaps he does so unintentionally, who knows. The "Seven Sylars" line is directly from the trailer and I don't think he'd invite that kind of competition. He probably breaks into the Company building wanting revenge and discovers they have a bunch of special people locked up... hey, buffet!

It appears Sylar is caught by the Company again (he was tied down with a tube going into his nose). He's seen verbally toying with Elle while he's laying on a table as well as when he's upright and dressed normally, though the context was all over the place so who knows which comes first. They have a confrontation. The way it was edited implied--to me, at least--that he kills her, but that could have been within the context of the dream sequence/time-jump. Probably so.

The BEST part was a a shot of Angela Petrelli in the asylum... and then hands coming up around her shoulders. The person behind her steps forward, and it's Sylar. Some of the other peeps in my party were taking that as confirmation that she's the Ev0l, but I figure that could just as well be her last minutes alive. There was an awful lot of her in the trailer too, actually, but she didn't look pleased by what was going on.

It's hard to describe it all and I know I'm not great at recounting it, but I was SO JAZZED to see this footage. I was shocked, because I wasn't expecting to be so impressed after the lackluster volume two. I CANNOT WAIT NOW. Get this ****** strike over with so we can make way for the win, plz!

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes Season Two Discussion