Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Immigration Protests

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:59 PM #301 of 453
No, trust me, that is the most civilized way of handling someone who thinks cannon fodder needs twelve years of high school education on the US Army's dime.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 08:47 AM #302 of 453
The whole point behind the idea of allowing these people to serve in the military is so they can become citizens, not die. I don't agree with this idea because that means that I have to serve with these people on the battlefield and is another expense that my tax dollars will have to pay for.

Maybe you don't understand how our military works but we do not operate by throwing people who do not speak our language on the front lines. That is outright stupid and dangerous. If they ever decided to allow these people citizenship by enlistment in the military they would have to be trained and that training would have to include teaching them English which is not a fast process and time equals money. By allowing illegal aliens on the battlefield with out that training you are putting at risk not only the illegal at risk but also the lives of everyone around them.

You seem to have missed my point. My point was not to suggest that we train these people to the level they need in order for them to be competent soldiers, it was to point out that it would be a waste of money to do so.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:28 AM #303 of 453
Help, I don't know what an entrance exam is!

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:37 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:37 AM #304 of 453
Originally Posted by GRUN-3
Help, I don't know what an entrance exam is!
lol

Then what is your solution to this situation?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:40 AM #305 of 453
My solution is that we deport you, as your retardation will only taint our great genepool.

Of course, as I haven't had twelve years of high school, perhaps I'm not the right person to ask.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:50 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:50 AM #306 of 453
Good luck with that. A fine reason why I am a proponent of gun ownership rights.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 03:58 AM #307 of 453
Good point. Chicks do not dig retarded gun-nuts, so you're unlikely to have children.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:30 AM #308 of 453
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
I was under the opinion that all the internet's immature assholes had congregated in CS:S, but I've been proved wrong.
You were "under the opinion"? I take it english is your second language, because that... doesn't make a lick of sense.

That aside, I'm not sure if every asshole on the internet is at this CS:S place. I mean, I'm here, you're here. Shit, you should be at that place before me given that you improperly assumed every asshole was there and even then got the goddamned setence structure wrong.

Tell me - are you typing this during study hall? You sound like a 14 year old with a Ramones t-shirt and a spiked wristband.

Originally Posted by gukarma
I didnt know you wanted to lose the war, lehah.
Which war? The war on poverty? Drugs? Iraq? Terrorism? AIDS?

There isn't a war on illegal immigration, last I checked. It'll size up as a "policing action" at most, given the deployment of reserves to the Mexican border.

Originally Posted by Gumby
Lehah, enlisting these people into the military is not a viable option. Reason being, as it stands the military spends hundreds of thousands of dollars training soldiers who have already a high school degree.
While what you said does make a lot of sense - you have to agree with one fact in this situation.

No one fucking cares about the Mexicans.

So instead of sending out "our boys" to foreign lands, send out the border jumpers. Canon fodder, as it were. Wetbacks armed with minimal education and a rifle with a clip. While, yes, cost is certainly a thing to consider - the fact that we'd be sending those that are all but acknowledged second-rate citizens off to face all-but-certain death would solve our problems.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:41 AM #309 of 453
Originally Posted by LeHah
You were "under the opinion"? I take it english is your second language, because that... doesn't make a lick of sense.

That aside, I'm not sure if every asshole on the internet is at this CS:S place. I mean, I'm here, you're here. Shit, you should be at that place before me given that you improperly assumed every asshole was there and even then got the goddamned setence structure wrong.

Tell me - are you typing this during study hall? You sound like a 14 year old with a Ramones t-shirt and a spiked wristband.
Replace 'under' with 'of'. You weren't so fucking stupid that you couldn't understand it. Quite frankly, I'm shocked.

And in the process of flaming, it might be a good idea to actually know what the fuck you are flaming the guy about. Sentence structure wasn't screwed up, I believe the word you were looking for there was VOCABULARY.

By the way: CS:S - Counter Strike: Source.

I don't have a 'study hall.' I'm in college.

FGSFDS!!!
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:42 AM #310 of 453
I don't have a 'study hall.' I'm in college.
And what a fine job your doing with your parent's money.

DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 10:49 AM #311 of 453
And what a fine job your doing with your parent's money.
Actually, I'm paying for nearly all of it via loans & my own money. Money I've earned at a JOB although I don't expect you to know that kind of experience, being that you don't cross the IQ barrier to attain one.

But thank you.

FELIPE NO

FGSFDS!!!
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:01 AM #312 of 453
Actually, I'm paying for nearly all of it via loans & my own money. Money I've earned at a JOB although I don't expect you to know that kind of experience, being that you don't cross the IQ barrier to attain one.
Oh, little man, if only you knew.

Remind me one day, and I'll show you what life is outside of Grover's Corners.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:17 AM #313 of 453
GUMBY, NO ONE HAS HAD TWLEVE YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION WHAT FUCKING PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON?

I'm wiling to bet most of these immigrants are smarter than you to begin with, besides I didn't realise pulling a trigger required intelligence.

Anyone can pick up English if they're absorbed in it for a couple of months, EVEN YOU!

Last edited by RABicle; May 18, 2006 at 04:31 AM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:49 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:49 PM #314 of 453
While what you said does make a lot of sense - you have to agree with one fact in this situation.

No one fucking cares about the Mexicans.

So instead of sending out "our boys" to foreign lands, send out the border jumpers. Canon fodder, as it were. Wetbacks armed with minimal education and a rifle with a clip. While, yes, cost is certainly a thing to consider - the fact that we'd be sending those that are all but acknowledged second-rate citizens off to face all-but-certain death would solve our problems.
Truth is I don't really care if you send this people to Iraq in my place as I am like you LeHah, I don't want them in my country. I just don't ever see this happening. You are not the first person to have suggested such an idea, but even you managed to gain the support of the president or some other high ranking official on this Iā€™m sure the military would fight it with every ounce of power they have. This is because they know you canā€™t just throw these people out in the field and expect anything from them, otherwise youā€™d just end up with a lot of deserters, cowards, dead bodies, and a large waste of money because you had to ship them there and minimally equip them. All that will come of this is a complete waste. If your goal is simply to kill these people, there are FAR easier and more effect ways to do that.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:53 PM #315 of 453
otherwise you’d just end up with a lot of deserters, cowards, dead bodies...
Who cares? They'd all be in Iraq

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 04:55 PM #316 of 453
If your goal is simply to kill these people, there are FAR easier and more effect ways to do that.
Yeah, but gas chambers are so 1940s.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:21 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:21 AM #317 of 453
I just heard on the radio that Vicente Fox has threatened to sue America if we try to guard our own border. I'm looking on the net to see if I can find a source to this claim. I swear this guy has to be mildly retarded to think that making threats against us will get him anywhere.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:22 PM #318 of 453
My question would be what legal realm does he have to sue? Especially if we build the wall very obviously on our territory.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:27 AM #319 of 453
I have no idea how he plans to do so. From the way they make it sound, he plans on suing us in our own courts.

FELIPE NO

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:28 PM #320 of 453
Y'know, it's shit like this that almost makes me wish that we bombed the living shit out of Mexico instead of Iraq.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:52 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 12:52 AM #321 of 453
I guess at the very least they will be building a fence... How this stops someone with bolt cutters or any other heavy duty cutting tool for that matter baffles me. We need a little more than just a fence.

PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:50 PM #322 of 453
I guess at the very least they will be building a fence... How this stops someone with bolt cutters or any other heavy duty cutting tool for that matter baffles me. We need a little more than just a fence.
No permanent or semi-permanent structure I can think of will have an appreciable effect. The only thing that would is putting piles of money into tons of soldiers (or call them what you will) to patrol the border(s).

Double Post:
Good luck with that. A fine reason why I am a proponent of gun ownership rights.
Wow. Any excuse to start a one man armed stand against, uh, whatever eh? I still don't understand why some people argued against you in the 'gun thread'.

/aside.

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Last edited by PUG1911; May 17, 2006 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:56 PM #323 of 453
I'm all for the wall. I just hope it's daunting enough to be an effective deterrant.

Also, Gumby is right. Educated soldiers fight smarter and more efficiently. It all works towards a successful victory in the long haul. However, the U.S. has always relied on its minority populations to serve in the frontlines. You have to send someone when recruiting numbers are thinning out.
It also looks like Bush's speech Monday breathed some new life for the Dream Act. Pretty controversial, especially the provision detailing an eventual chance for citizenship.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:21 PM #324 of 453
Originally Posted by insertnamehere
Another thing is that when their getting deported they will be held in jail cells with criminals.
You mean crossing the border illegally doesn't make you a criminal?

WHOA. My mind is blown. Please elaborate on this.

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 02:41 AM #325 of 453
Originally Posted by PUG1911
No permanent or semi-permanent structure I can think of will have an appreciable effect. The only thing that would is putting piles of money into tons of soldiers (or call them what you will) to patrol the border(s).
That is my thought exactly. Not unless there is someone guarding this structure, there is no point in putting a fence up that will do nothing to stop someone from jumping over it.

If put to the task the military could easily close down the border though the use of a 100 or so UAVs to detect people crossing the border and a small mobile ground forces that could be air lifted to the location of the border jumpers. It takes two people to pilot a UAV, so working 8 hours on and 16 hour off there is 600 people needed to patrol the border. Shit even if you doubled the number of UAVs in the sky at any one time that is still only 1200 or so soldiers needed. This would allow the more effective use of the border patrol because their only task then becomes going out and picking these people up. These politicians make it sound like you need a 10,000 man force sitting on the border to close it down, but that is a load of shit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > The Immigration Protests