Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:43 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 10:43 AM #26 of 3609
They lost a hell of a chance last night to get Cena back over with the crowd by not making him turn DX and instead restarting the Cena/Edge feud all over again.

Like I said though, no logic at all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 05:00 PM #27 of 3609
DX has melted down anyway you see, it would only be temporary salvagement of Cena's crowd reaction since him going to Smackdown like he should have didn't happen.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:34 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 03:34 PM #28 of 3609
DDP has announced intent to return to wrestling, as has Goldberg had talks with Spike TV. Unless Kurt Angle has lied about his plans to go to Mixed Martial Arts, and is jumping to TNA, then I'd have to rule that out immediately.

Yes, Kurt Angle has stated he is done with WWE and is going into MMA.

Though I doubt DDP/Goldberg could be an earth shattering announcement. If I had to put my money anywhere, it would be on them gaining an additional hour on their shows now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 11:42 PM #29 of 3609
All of the extremely gimmicky type wrestlers have failed getting over now for a long time because of polololololitcal correctness. Hassan fell victim. Kerwin White didn't last very long. No one refers to Mark Henry as Sexual Chocolate anymore. Val Venis is still Val Venis and not "Big Valbowski" anymore. Boogeyman was no exception really.

Though I will admit, it's shocking to have someone like Tatanka still employed over Boogeyman. WWE logic fails anew.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:19 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 02:19 AM #30 of 3609
So do most of the younger and unpushed talent, of course. That's the fatal flaw in the system.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 02:23 PM #31 of 3609
Most ROH matches have that level of emotion to them, one I remember in particular was Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Chicago Street Fight for what was the final match of their long as hell feud. Believe that match was at Better Than Our Best 2006 for ROH.

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 05:27 PM #32 of 3609
Ladies and gentlemen, TNA is completely fucked now.

The big announcement is none other than Vince Russo, the legendary promotion destroyer, going back to TNA to take creative control.

ROH is the last bastion of decency.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:19 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 03:19 AM #33 of 3609
When I first announced it, that was the plan, but I guess now they are either saving face by delivering a new plan or perhaps I was mistaken. Who knows.

Either way, Russo better not run the company into the ground now that he has clout again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 04:02 PM #34 of 3609
They don't even recognize it as the "old WCW title" anymore.. it's official title history at WWE.com clearly indicates that Triple H was the first one to hold that title after it was handed to him by Bischoff.

The new lineage of the belt is pretty much bent and tainted, much like the belt itself is today.

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 08:08 PM #35 of 3609
You say this as if you think I had absolutely no idea that was true. Regardless of what they "initially were" I'm telling you what they are currently recognized (or not recognized) as.

Goldberg's "winning streak" was not ended by Luger. It ended in a match against Kevin Nash at Starrcade 1998 when Scott Hall used the infamous taser on Goldberg which allowed Nash to get the powerbomb and the victory. There was a new winning streak, which is the one you were talking about, but he went through that in order to deal with problems on his shoulder. It had nothing to do with killing his career, since obviously when he appeared in the WWE people more than ever chanted the Goldberg chant.

Also concerning your logic of David Arquette with the title, do you not realize that EVERY wrestler is an actor? If they brought me in and told me I would win the title for a little while, the LAST THING I would do would be argue that I'm "not a wrestler" and just not do it. To be able to be the one raising your hand after the 1-2-3 with the big gold belt in your hand is certainly not a travesty in the least. Sure, he wasn't a wrestler. Sure, he was only there for a short time. You have to realize however that such events add much needed fire to the unpredictability rating. Even with Russo in the company, that still kept people watching.

I assure you I know my history and facts well, so there's no need to think I don't know something about the industry.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:05 PM #36 of 3609
Here's the complete list of facts, since everyone likes to post them.

All of the WWE created belts are currently on RAW, while all of the old style WCW titles (with new title histories) are on Smackdown.

RAW has the WWE Intercontinental, WWE Tag Team, and WWE Heayweight Title while Smackdown has the WCW Cruiserweight, WCW US, WCW World Tag Team, and WCW World Heavyweight Titles. This was of course done on purpose, in order to isolate the assimilated WCW titles on the lesser brand.

All of the current WCW-assimiliated titles on Smackdown no longer follow the WCW heritage they had, as they now all have histories that started with the titles coming into WWE. Yes, while Ric Flair can claim all day long that he was a 16 time champion to acknowledge that there was a history back then (like Booker did in the past with his five time bit) but the official title histories have long since been modified.

All of the WCW-assimilated belts have undergone change with WWE logos and in extreme cases, the center plate of the World Heavyweight Title was curved giving it a dramatic change. My myspace profile has a picture of me with the original big gold belt rather than the curved one, and you can tell quite easily that it isn't curved.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:09 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:09 PM #37 of 3609
I got tired of the same old stale contact tables so I made that one for myself using that animation and Animation Shop. I'll probably find some new animations eventually and switch them in and out to keep it fresh.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:14 PM #38 of 3609
They do it randomly whenever they can get some kind of advertising thing going with NBC and having big name stars lured in to appear on the show. The last one was a pretty big failure, even with Hogan being on the show.

The odds of them doing another one are pretty slim, at best.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:33 PM #39 of 3609
Arquette winning the title had little to do with people not watching WCW anymore, because it was the overall atmosphere of when Russo took over. No one liked the whole "New Blood" concept, or Russo awarding HIMSELF the title on several occasions. While I don't agree with the overall way the entire angle with Arquette was booked, the only people bashing the title change are the people who can't seem to grasp that in a real promotion anything can happen at any time. The same people who marked out hard for Mysterio going over Nash in WCW (and then later on at Wrestlemania) are the ones that have realized it. The nWo became big because of the "anything can happen" concept. Maybe he didn't want the title, maybe he did. The fact of the matter is, the angle was entertaining and did serve it's purpose.

The title's legacy was far from tarnished though. I can bring up Nash laying down for Hogan. The title being stripped from Goldberg one night after he defeated Sting for it during a challenge. I can cite Russo throwing Hogan out of a title match and then bringing Booker in (his first real push mind you) and having him go over Jarrett. Again, I can bring up Russo giving himself the title on a few occasions. There's a number of things I can bring up that might tarnish the belt, but not giving it to Arquette.

No one gives a damn when a title is only decided on a PPV once every month. That's half the reason why the WWE is stale right now. They have tag and six man tag matches instead of main events anymore. Feuds should not have end when a title changes hands, either. Some battles for the heavyweight titles are epic feuds and matches, while others are simply quick insertions for whatever reason (Big Show to ECW, Angle winning the Battle Royal when Batista was injured) or whatever else have you.

It doesn't kill prestige. That's why professional wrestling is what it is. Arquette wasn't given the title, he did WORK a match and pinned someone be it for whatever reason. Meanwhile back up North, Bischoff handed Triple H a bent and tainted World Heavyweight Championship.

You were talking about prestige?

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:42 PM #40 of 3609
Heh, most of that was directed at mortis. By the time I hit Quick Reply, there were already two more replies. :P

The WWE clearly does not know how to deal with distinct styles of wrestling. WWECW right now is just "brand 3" rather than an entire new style of promotion.

There isn't much of anything except them viewing someone else as a threat that will get them to do something positive for the industry. Due to Vince McMahon being an arrogant little cockstain, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:53 PM #41 of 3609
Originally Posted by Tommyspud
Even though TNA can technically be considered a threat, right? I mean, sure it might not make ANYWHERE as much money as WWE, but you gotta admit, it's doing good for a new company... Even if some storylines are duds.
Vince does not consider TNA a threat. Jim Ross has even publically stated that the "WWE is and always will be the leader of the sports entertainment genre" and has said that "all the good TNA workers will end up here anyway" basically calling TNA nothing more than a random developmental territory for the real thing.

If you likely asked Vince what he thought of TNA, he'd look for the nearest insect and proceed to step all over it while wildly exclaiming "THAT'S TNA DAMNIT, THAT'S TNA!"

Originally Posted by Winter Storm
There is one thing I'd to know.. Who was "the powers that be" ? It was right when he/they(??) came in as the new uh GM/commissioner, basically whatever Bishoff was, that I couldn't watch Nitro anymore. Tommy, I don't think anyone cares about the ECW brand.
The "Powers That Be" was the beginning of the end when Russo originally first came into WCW and started exerting his authority. They consisted of Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera as on-air characters, both ex-WWF writers at the time that had been hired to try and get some creative direction back into WCW. Note that prior to this, neither guy had never been on-air characters. They would eventually find the Harris Brothers and turn them into their "Enforcers" that would strike down anyone that defied the powers. Ridiculous, I know. Only the New Blood stable/angle topped that shit, followed by the Millionaire's Club at a distant third.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:58 PM #42 of 3609
No one cares about the ECW brand because the WWE themselves do not care about it. That's why the Big Show as the ECW champion is doing nothing more than being a McMahon lackey against DX. They don't have the roster for a third brand without dragging a bunch of WWE contracted guys in, and apparently they're allergic to logic so they aren't bringing in new talent and giving them an ECW opportunity.

That's just the way it is.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:05 PM #43 of 3609
No, CM Punk should be ECW Champion and people like Bob Holly should GTFO of ECW as soon as possible. They have their OVW developmental territory for a reason, they could be testing them for TV purposes on ECW and we could get to see some interesting shit.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:12 PM #44 of 3609
I'll explain it in more detail.

Basically OVW is their Ohio Valley Wrestling developmental territory (which the WWE owns) where they train new guys and put people who need more work with their wrestling skills while they improve. This territory is full of talent at any one given time, as a LOT of current WWE stars came from there at one point or another. OVW does have TV tapings, but they aren't hardly as recognized as the ECW TV tapings are.

So what I'm basically saying is that the WWE should take new talent from OVW that they believe are ready to be tested for the real prime time TV taping on ECW, and let them show their stuff there. This would allow them to have a chance to perform at their VERY BEST LEVEL (going to the extreme in other words) so that they can impress the top brass (lol vince) and get moved up to either RAW or Smackdown from there to be on air characters.

That's the way I would think the new ECW should be treated, with a lot of the old ECW alumni helping them forward and training with them.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:22 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:22 PM #45 of 3609
Vince has the final say on most everything that occurs with major decisions like that, which is why I continually bring up his name. I just don't see him giving anyone else that authority.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:26 PM #46 of 3609
I'm talking about more or less realistically making decisions, not just the on-air character that "delivers" the already made decisions.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:33 PM #47 of 3609
Both Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle are going to be doing mixed martial arts (MMA) from now on, so I doubt you'll see either of them in a WWE ring for a long, long time.

FELIPE NO
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:37 PM #48 of 3609
They signed him because they had trained him in the OVW territory (as I mentioned earlier) after scouting him as a potential talent.

Sure, I'll be around here for a bit though I'm going to be writing articles soon concerning wrestling that'll likely appear on my myspace page for a while until I can get them a more official home.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 12:32 AM #49 of 3609
The problem is that defending it only once a month has become the rule instead of the exception. I never said it needed to drop every single week, but at the same time there needs to be the upset victories from time to time that define a classic TV moment. Take Lex Luger winning the WCW World Title from Hollywood Hogan after fighting off the nWo. Sure, he lost it the following week thanks to a fake Sting, but such memorable moments are what keeps people really looking at the product wondering what will happen the next week.

Of course, the stigma that Hogan would always have the belt was only reassured when he regained it like that, which drove more force into whoever finally took it from him (and kept it) but still allowed for a memorable title change or two when it occured.

Many great TV moments occured because of a title change. Regardless of how or why, it happened, and it caused momentum. During Triple H's reign in the WWE he defended it on several occasions on RAW itself, but it became notable after a while that he would NEVER lose it during a normal TV match. A better example would be Undertaker versus Jeff Hardy on a RAW, where they seriously teased Hardy winning the title on several occasions. That was classic to me.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 03:07 PM #50 of 3609
Originally Posted by Winter Storm
One I consider a classic and the shocker of the world, was Hogan dropping that leg on Savage, and announcing the birth of the NWO.
Of course, this happened at Bash at the Beach 96 and not on regular TV though. :P

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread