Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Component Extension cables, why so hard to find?

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 02:31 AM #1 of 2
Component Extension cables, why so hard to find?

Hey guys.

Basically, I have an HDTV with 2 component inputs on the (hard-to-get-to) back of the unit.

However, I have 3 component sources (Wii, X360, PS2+XBox) I want to connect without having to reach around my television to change the cables.

Switcher boxes seem way too expensive (and the cheap ones are supposed to degrade the signal or something), so I figured I'd just run a short set of component extension cables to the front of the TV so I could switch the wires in a better position.

Problem is:

How would I set this up? I can't even find component extension cables listed anywhere. I would only need a short length (6 ft or so) and preferably cheap (less than 20 bucks).

Any ideas?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:28 AM #2 of 2
I think what you have to do is buy a regular set of cables (male to male) and then get three of the little female-female connectors to go between.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Let's be friends!
FF3DS: 240602313427

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Component Extension cables, why so hard to find?