Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 04:57 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 02:57 PM #3026 of 4284
Alright, I know I asked this before but I still can't seem to get around it. I'm doing the Lost in the Pudding hunt - Hunt #06, which is the White Mousse. The west gate in storehouse #5 is blocked, and that only leaves the east gate entrance into the Garamsythe Waterway. Once down there, it only leads to dead ends which go around this semi circle like area, and I don't have the Sluice Key. As a matter of fact, I need to complete this hunt to do get the Sluice key. As far as I can see, there seems to be no way around this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
jb1234
Good Chocobo

Member 1985

Level 15.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 05:16 PM #3027 of 4284
I never actually got Bravery. What do it do?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ZealPath
Moments in Love

Member 1926

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:00 PM #3028 of 4284
Quote:
Once down there, it only leads to dead ends which go around this semi circle like area, and I don't have the Sluice Key
For the return to Garamsythe, you have to look for some small stairs which cross over into the other areas, I was confused by this as well at first since they are not marked on the map (so if you go only by the map, it appears as if you have no where to go but in a circle back to the save crystal area). Keep poking around the edges and you'll see the stairs (basically a small set of stairs that goes down then another that meets it going back up).

Quote:
I never actually got Bravery. What do it do?
Bravery increases attack power... pretty uber spell really, I can only assume you didn't do too many hunts, of course, as such, you wouldn't really need bravery since hunts are the main time it shines, but it's awfully nice to have regardless.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 04:03 PM #3029 of 4284
Originally Posted by ZealPath
For the return to Garamsythe, you have to look for some small stairs which cross over into the other areas, I was confused by this as well at first since they are not marked on the map (so if you go only by the map, it appears as if you have no where to go but in a circle back to the save crystal area). Keep poking around the edges and you'll see the stairs (basically a small set of stairs that goes down then another that meets it going back up).
Jesus, no wonder. I thought I was going insane. I got two other marks down, Rodeo to the Death (super easy if you have reflect) and Atomos, another joke hunt. I'm busy doing hunts now, and did the Seven Sisters quest. I get horny when I walk into my cabin and that cabin attendant bows down to me. I'm sick minded.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:10 PM #3030 of 4284
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Well, I didn't get them all at once. I already had one from way earlier when I killed my first bombshell (I nearly died fighting the Aeronite that was also there; this was when I was first able to access that part of the mines), and I got another when I went back through the mines again to face Gilgamesh (pure luck, that) and it took me around 45 minutes to an hour (roughly) of going back and forth waiting for the Bomb to respawn and seeing if it would drop a Blade when I killed it, to get the last one. I won't bother trying to get any more.
Damn, Excalibur in one try and Yagyu in first try as well? Man, you're like a living Luck Being or something.

Quote:
Double Post:
Hey, how long do I have to wait for him to cool down? He was spamming Deathstrike like mad, so I left and came back, but he was still doing it.
Go save, restock and whatnot and when you get back he'll have cooled down. Now, I'm not saying he's suddenly going to be piss easy, but he'll be rebuffing himself as well as throwing up Growing Threat again.

If he's still doing it, give him a bit more time. That's one of the reasons why he becomes a pain in the ass to kill, as it interrupts Arise/Curaja/whatever.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
ZealPath
Moments in Love

Member 1926

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:19 PM #3031 of 4284
Quote:
I get horny when I walk into my cabin and that cabin attendant bows down to me. I'm sick minded.
have you met Elza yet?

<3 <3

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 05:41 PM #3032 of 4284
Quote:
Damn, Excalibur in one try and Yagyu in first try as well? Man, you're like a living Luck Being or something.
Well, I've never once seen the Zodiac Spear chest. I'd love to have two Zodiac Spears!

Right now, Yiazmat is at about 45% HP left, roughly. He would have been nearly dead by now, but I had to go run an errand. He is getting a ton of one-hit kills with his regular attacks, and it's kind of annoying.

Edit: One question: Can I leave the island and come back? I'd like to go and do something else for a while.

Most amazing jew boots

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:43 PM #3033 of 4284
SALVATION!

Dear God, the fucking treasure chest in Barheim finally coughed up the Zodiac Escutcheon after 2 days of Attempt+Reloading. What I mean, is that I threw a Diamond Armlet on one of my folks, headed over to the Terminal No. 7 Adjunct save crystal and ran back through the West Annex to the chest. If it didn't have it, I'd simply reload. Rinse and repeat several times until you get it.

Now I can focus on getting a second one in the Grand Crystal area.

Quote:
Well, I've never once seen the Zodiac Spear chest. I'd love to have two Zodiac Spears!
Is it possible to get two spears? If it is, the chances of getting the second one are extremely low. I've tried it, and it's too much of a hassle to get far enough to have the map respawn its treasure chests. I do have 3 or 4 Fomalhauts though.

Quote:
Right now, Yiazmat is at about 45% HP left, roughly. He would have been nearly dead by now, but I had to go run an errand. He is getting a ton of one-hit kills with his regular attacks, and it's kind of annoying.
You haven't seen anything yet, man. It gets ridiculous when you get him down to about 10-15%. The AI gets tons of OHKOs and if he doesn't, he keeps hitting you to increase the chances of them inflicting said status reaching 10 hit+ combos.

Quote:
Edit: One question: Can I leave the island and come back? I'd like to go and do something else for a while.
Cetra clarified this for me before I went in there, but the map freezes him in whatever state you left him in. In other words, you can do whatever you want and come back whenever you want.

Edit: Oh and the Escutcheon seems to make the wearer immune to electric attacks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Dec 24, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 07:35 PM #3034 of 4284
How the hell do I beat Omega? It does enough damage to take away more than half of my total HP even when using a Bubble Belt. I can't revive fast enough to stay in there for more than a few seconds. Which pisses me off because I'm at level 99 with a boatload of powerful weapons.

Edit: Reverse/Decoy seems to be working, for now...

Double Post:
YES. Motherfucking piss ass son of a bitch! What a cheap-ass bastard! That was the lamest thing ever. I'm glad he's dead. I hope it hurt.

There seems to be a problem, though. I didn't get the Omega Crest. How stupid they leave it on the ground for you to pick up after an intense battle, when all you're thinking of is getting the hell out of there. Fucking shit. It should go into your inventory automatically. Now I'll never be able to get the Wyrmhero Blade. I'm almost red in the face as I type this.

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Dec 24, 2006 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:21 PM #3035 of 4284
Well after working, on Christmas fucking eve for 15 hours, I'm debating just playing through the night until morning. Almost have the Tournsol right now, one more scarletite and its mine!!!!

Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 09:37 PM #3036 of 4284
Originally Posted by ZealPath
have you met Elza yet?

<3 <3
Seriously, Ivalicians[?] are some sexy bitches. See avatar.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:49 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 10:49 PM #3037 of 4284
I like how Elza wears her panties on the outside.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 09:54 PM #3038 of 4284
Oh, Elza, what a typical animu girl, with her catchy fashion statement.

- What we all do best -
SOLDIER_2825
Final Heaven

Member 16864

Level 10.08

Dec 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:05 AM #3039 of 4284
Is it possible to exceed 9,999 HP if you have the bubble belt or with bubble?

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 12:11 AM #3040 of 4284
I heard a yes with that, but I haven't tried it out. Supposedly if you look at your health bar, you'll see your bar extend over that of 9999. Let's supposed you have 15,000 hp. If you take damage for 3000, you should still see your HP at 9,999.

In before IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:34 AM #3041 of 4284
Originally Posted by SOLDIER_2825
Is it possible to exceed 9,999 HP if you have the bubble belt or with bubble?
I already answered before, either on the page before or the one before that. Someone else asked and I threw on the Bubble Belts I had on Penelo, Balthier and Vaan (all 99). Penelo ends up with ~11,000 HP, Balthier and Vaan with a little more than that.

So, yes, you can exceed 9,999 HP. You can also exceed said damage, but only with certain means (Espers and Quickenings).

Lionking-Cyan
Chocobo

Member 13706

Level 9.10

Oct 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:43 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 11:43 AM #3042 of 4284
Merry christmas ^^. I've finally opened the game ^^.
Can you give me some advice about the license? How is magic and physical attack in this game? Does magic sucks, or is it as good as physical damage (both during the game and in the endgame).

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:51 AM #3043 of 4284
Originally Posted by Lionking-Cyan
Merry christmas ^^. I've finally opened the game ^^.
Can you give me some advice about the license? How is magic and physical attack in this game? Does magic sucks, or is it as good as physical damage (both during the game and in the endgame).
Black Magic sucks goat balls in this game, so don't prioritize them over anything. Luckily, they're tucked away far up, and you have to go through quite a bit of the beneficial magic in order to get to them.

Focus on getting the augment licenses, since those you need neither spell scroll nor armor/weapon to use, as they work the instant you purchase them. After that, it's healing magic/weapons/armor and technicks. The last one is really useful, but not until a good bit into the game (where they start providing you with the scrolls that allow you to use them).

Scathe is pure sex though, but it would've been a much more useful spell had it been 50% faster and hit 2x harder.

Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Dec 26, 2006, 12:10 AM #3044 of 4284
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Black Magic sucks goat balls in this game, so don't prioritize them over anything. Luckily, they're tucked away far up, and you have to go through quite a bit of the beneficial magic in order to get to them.

Scathe is pure sex though, but it would've been a much more useful spell had it been 50% faster and hit 2x harder.
Hmm? I actually rely quite a bit on Black Magic (at least for the mages) At Level 50 Ashe's magic stats is about 70+ and she's dishing out almost same damage as melees or even more (9999 on enemies weak to the element)

I don't have Scathe yet so I can't say anything bout it but I've heard that it's a pretty awesome spell.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:14 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 06:14 PM #3045 of 4284
Black Magick does not suck if you equip your "mages" properly. Do not equip anything that lowers Magick Power. As opposed to most of the other stats, the slightest drop here will actually make a huge difference.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:06 PM #3046 of 4284
Originally Posted by Rock
Black Magick does not suck if you equip your "mages" properly. Do not equip anything that lowers Magick Power. As opposed to most of the other stats, the slightest drop here will actually make a huge difference.
Tried it, still has a horrible speed to damage ratio. In the time it takes for a Gambit'd Scathe to fill up its bar and fire, Vaan and Balthier have already killed off either the target or everything else around it.

Black magic is this game is a waste of MP that would be better suited to healing, buffing and reviving.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 12:17 PM #3047 of 4284
I only use BM if I'm surrounded by 3 or more enemies, and I cast the "ra" type spells to lock on all enemies. Black Magic isn't that expensive in the short run, plus the only time I have BM gambitted is for flying enemies, since all my melee people are tough nuts. Magic isn't too too bad in this game. Although I'm finding for hunts that your regular status ailments do help somewhat. LOL RODEO TO THE DEATH. SERVES YOU RIGHT MOTHERFUCKER FOR TRYING TO INVERT MY GUYS, HERE'S TO YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT YOU FUCKING HORSE!

(LOL the rage)

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:57 AM #3048 of 4284
I went ahead and tried out Nabudis today, defeating both Fury and Hubaba, as well as a rare game that I happened to stumble across during my travels. I thought Hubaba's death scene was funnier than Fury's.

Next time I play, I'm gonna go tackle Chaos and a Goliath (a hunt) in that dungeon.

Most amazing jew boots

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:11 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 11:11 PM #3049 of 4284
Well, I have to say, I MEGA <3 HEART this game now. (God, now I sound like that freak known as Freelance Wo- oh hey Wofie what's up!)

I'm just spending my time doing hunts (did 3 - Orthos/Snake in Zetherintan Caverns/and the other Pudding hunt). All of them were pretty easy I have to say, even they were rank V hunts. I think I can't take on the trickster yet. That thing was doing like 1000+ damage per hit ;__;.

Also, I took down that first optional epser, the Ardersomethingmabob. He wasn't too hard, but his minions were annoying as hell. I think I used about 5 pheonix downs for that fight, but I used a quickening when he had like 10% health left. So yeah, I gave that one to Fran, since she deserved it. Basically, if Balthier isn't in the party and leading it, then Fran is second in command. That's how I've done it.

How hard is Zetheritan caves anyways? Some of the baddies are ridiciously easy while others are somewhat hard.

- What we all do best -
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:25 AM #3050 of 4284
So I finally caved in and bought this while it was full price.
I have to say that I was worried that I wouldn't like it because despite the beautiful butting edge graphics and FF name, the story is war focused and I'm not into that kind of stuff. However, when I finally got to try the battle system out, I loved it! It's just so fun seeing what licenses are just out of your reach, and knowing that mp regenerates at a fairly quick rate is a lot of fun too.

I sort of wish Vaan had a bit more personality, he doesn't come off as cold, but he's not exactly kind either. More like an apathetic Tidus so far. While the story feels incredibly serious, I really like the racial diversity in the game. You're really in a fantasy world that's not just humans.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII