Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Life In Music

Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:04 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 01:04 PM #1 of 5
Your Life In Music

Well as I was mindlessly flicking through the music channels when I was bored, there was one feature on some channel that was "My Life in Music". The basic idea is that you pick the songs that mean a lot to you, whether they remind you of a special part of your life, songs that got you through the bad times or even the songs that changed your taste in music or even changed your life =o. Deep shit man.

So I thought it would make a pretty cool thread idea, choose a selection of songs that represent your life in some way and say why.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:50 AM #2 of 5
Well, there is a few songs that pretty much resembles but I'll just give one or two.

First is White Snake's Here I Go Again. Its pretty much tells a story of a lone walk to nowhere just searching for redemption coz' I was once fucked up in my life and I'm gonna go far finding redemption.

Another one would be The Smiths' Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. I got fired from a corporate company (which I hate the most) and then a few months later I got a new job and I'm still miserable not knowing why. The lyric pretty much sums up everything.

I guess thats enough for now.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:24 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2006, 09:24 PM #3 of 5
Oh, one of THESE threads. Well gotta put in my two cents.

First off, the song "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes has been in the past very accurate of myself and my situation. As you may gather from the title, and if you read the lyrics, Its better to be lonely then heartbroken. The entire song just seems to speak to me.

For a strictly positive impact (And amusing), the song "Have you Ever Seen me" from Final Fantasy Vocal Collection II - Love Will Grow, has become an inside-joke between me and a friend, as we misheard one of the lyrics:

Its supposed to go: "Now deep in the forest, forget, and forgive!"
however, we heard it as (roughly): "Now deep in the forest, fuck it, and fuck it!" So now whenever I hear the song now, I laugh. It just seems to be so funny to have an otherwise harmless song casually singing curse words.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Omega Weapon
Junya Nakano, et al.

Member 6747

Level 5.97

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 07:12 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 06:12 AM #4 of 5
Front Mission 5 - Visions

Reminds me of composing one of my new favorite soundtracks for a great friend I gave the "Rite of Spring". Within a year and a half he comes up with 3CDs of sound allusions for me to compose with and I end up making my favorite Front Mission soundtrack with his direction. I just keep getting better under the Hidenori Iwasaki composing name.

Now if I could only get a new keyboard to compose my three science fiction RPG shooter games . . .

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
naturally_tipsy
the Countess of Monte Cristo

Member 1730

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:10 AM #5 of 5
"Vienna," by Billy Joel, would really capture it. He explains it better than I can.

Also "Belle" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I'm strange, I like to think I'm relatively pretty, and my nose is always stuck in a book or a cloud somewhere in my own little universe. And I'm fairly sure everybody else talks about me. o_O

Oh, oh, and I also have that really annoying few strands of bangs that I cannot push away from my forehead no matter how hard I try. :aargh:

I was speaking idiomatically.
"I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

--CS Lewis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Your Life In Music