Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Hardest. Level. Ever.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 05:40 PM #51 of 71
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
Also, you played Ikaruga in the ARCADE? Is your memory not a tiny bit off here sonny?
Nope. There was this arcade in Santa Monica that had it when I'd go visit my friend Maria at UCLA. I don't even know if that same place is there anymore though, I haven't been down there since 2002.

Most amazing jew boots
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:52 PM #52 of 71
IIDX has some very hard songs in it, harder than other music games. The song Mei is probably the hardest one in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0ukDFnT3o

This is a video of the game autoplaying through the song. The middle section is completely ridiculous.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 07:23 PM #53 of 71
I want the Beatmania soundtracks now. That shit was awesome~

I was speaking idiomatically.
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:56 PM #54 of 71
Damn, seriously. First thing I did after watching that vid was hightail it over to VGMCentral and search like madman for that song.

Too bad I couldn't find it

Okay, hard stage... Timesplitters II: ROBOT FACTORY on Hard. Playing the game on hard is awesome, I was amazed at how I was utilizing EVERYTHING in the stages. Level design was superb, and I can honestly say it's the last great FPS ever made... until you hit Robot Factory. It's just so unconventional. You're shooting the sci-fi handgun in close quarters, and I always get hit by my own shots. THOSE DAMN SENTRY BOTS take a trillion hits to kill, and you can't even get a good shot hiding from them (if you can see it, it WILL be shooting at you). I still haven't beaten it, haven't even made it to the checkpoint .

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 01:22 AM #55 of 71
For me it was a boss, the last boss from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.
Man that was hard, I had to use all my healing itens, to pass through him (I had the maximum number of each healing item), not to mention my life was at the last scratch and I had to try to kill him about 10 times.

Most amazing jew boots
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:49 PM #56 of 71
I say the entirety of Mega Man Zero 1, especially the final levels. The bosses in that game were stupidly hard. I never could beat it without an emulator and save states. Every game after that was easy enough (although the aformentioned airship part of Zero 2 was a huge pain in the ass).

The Gradius series as a whole is also pretty tough, mainly because if you die towards the latter end of the game you're pretty much screwed due to lack of powerups.

Edit: Mei from IIDX? Not the hardest song anymore. Try IIDX 13 DistorteD's One More Extra Stage, Nageki no Ki, or IIDX 11 RED's OMES, Scorpion Fire (both on autoplay)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Taco; Oct 3, 2006 at 10:54 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 09:14 PM #57 of 71
Originally Posted by Shin
Also, there's one strategy battle near the end of Saga Frontier (2 possibly, the one that got a PAL PS1 release) where you have to survive four turns or something and the enemy army just swarms down and fucks you over in two normally. It took me fucking days to crack that one.
That actually reminds me of the one battle during Red's quest (the beast guy that needed five rings) in SaGa Frontier where you need to get team combos in order to beat them. I was never able to get anything over a 3x combo to happen reliably, and doing the same sets of moves from one battle to the next wouldn't always result in a combo, so I could never figure out how to beat that boss. Sucks because I had already finished about half of the characters' stories and I was kinda enjoying the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Oct 3, 2006, 09:32 PM #58 of 71
Originally Posted by Darkcomet72
Okay, hard stage... Timesplitters II: ROBOT FACTORY on Hard.
Oh. We're taking variable difficulty level games into consideration?

Try playing God of War on God Mode. I have NEVER been able to beat the Minotaur God on God mode...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 12:40 AM #59 of 71
Originally Posted by Yuna
For me it was a boss, the last boss from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.
Man that was hard, I had to use all my healing itens, to pass through him (I had the maximum number of each healing item), not to mention my life was at the last scratch and I had to try to kill him about 10 times.

The only boss I had trouble with in Lament was the one in the bottom of his castle. Forgot his name, he was a total bitch.

Any of the MMs for Super Nintendo were easy with the new moves.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:46 AM #60 of 71
Originally Posted by Taco
Edit: Mei from IIDX? Not the hardest song anymore. Try IIDX 13 DistorteD's One More Extra Stage, Nageki no Ki, or IIDX 11 RED's OMES, Scorpion Fire (both on autoplay)
Nageki no ki has already been AAA'ed, which is why I didn't name that song. And while neither Mei or Scorpion Fire have been AAA'ed, people are closer to getting Scorpion Fire, which is why I named Mei. All three are quite ridiculous though, and utterly impossible to 99% of people who play the game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:37 AM #61 of 71
I guess I'll have to say Galamoth from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I was on this boss for a while.

[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 08:41 PM #62 of 71
Haha wow. The Ikaruga arcade cabinet is extremely rare and only pops up in the weirdest of places. We had one down here for awhile in my town. Of course it didn't get much use because of the difficulty, and eventually it was replaced for a Dance Dance Rehasholution. I'm not even sure if that gets any use either. Haven't been to the arcade for a very long time.

Yeah, Ikaruga's hard. It is. But it's nowhere near as hard as what I've already mentioned.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 01:23 PM #63 of 71
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I guess I'll have to say Galamoth from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I was on this boss for a while.
Symphony of the night instantly becomes an incredibly easy game once you pick up the Chysagrim sword from those float head things in the reverse library. It has a katana style multi hit effort you can use while moving and is very powerful to boot. Using that and a couple of Heaven swords for their two-weapon combo makes Galamoth a piece of piss.

Another one I remembered earlier was the last mission as the Church in Syndicate Wars. You get about a minute to run the entire length of a long level with hundred of people shooting at you. Playing on the PS1, the analogue controller simply doesn't give you enough speed around the screen with the pointer to do it.

Also, anyone ever play the American Revolt expansion for the original Syndicate? I only ever managed to finish two of the missions on that, it was insanely hard. My average survival time on the Atlantic Accelerator was about 20 seconds...

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:26 AM #64 of 71
Originally Posted by TheKnightOfNee
Nageki no ki has already been AAA'ed
Sweet Christ. Was it a passing AAA or failing due to that BS at the end? All of the pretty rythmatic chords would make it easy to score on, but there's still the dumb mashing parts.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:52 AM #65 of 71
The final, hidden hell level of Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) where you go against Ballos is by far the most infuriatingly difficult level I have ever played. I got sick of trying to make it through there that I just hacked the save profile to give me 9999 HP, because I just wanted to see the end.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 07:51 PM #66 of 71
nightmare 3nd time on DMC1 on level dante must die and Zanac on MSX,when play stage 6 and 7 without losting any live

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 12:33 PM #67 of 71
Am I the only one who found Duriel hard from Diablo 2 no matter how well leveled/euiped you are? Especially in hell and playing single player.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 07:24 AM #68 of 71
Originally Posted by Zio
Am I the only one who found Duriel hard from Diablo 2 no matter how well leveled/euiped you are? Especially in hell and playing single player.
I only found that hard because it would FUCKING FREEZE for a few minutes before you entered his area. And them BAM, he was already bashing you. I think he had freeze as well, but it awsn't really that hard because I usually played on USEast. I don't think there was anyone in D2 that was really that difficult, since they made bots and shit which could do the work for you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 07:55 PM #69 of 71
Duriel is definitely the first real obstacle when it comes to singleplayer. I'd say that beating the Ancients alone in Hell is far more difficult though.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:43 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 06:43 PM #70 of 71
Yeah but Elixir, I am talking about single player mode, not mulitplayer. There is a slight difference due to drops and possibly playing with other people.

He just had the pallaidin's frost aura that slowed you. I didn't have net till a good year or so later after of playing D2 when it first came out.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 09:55 PM #71 of 71
Originally Posted by Shin
Symphony of the night instantly becomes an incredibly easy game once you pick up the Chysagrim sword from those float head things in the reverse library. It has a katana style multi hit effort you can use while moving and is very powerful to boot. Using that and a couple of Heaven swords for their two-weapon combo makes Galamoth a piece of piss.
Well aware about the Crissaegrim. I didn't even realize the potential of this weapon until well after Galamoth. I jumped 10 levels killing golden knights near the big clock before facing Dracula. That was the 4th time I had beat the game, but the first time I actually bothered going through the inverted library.

Double Post:
I would also like to mention the later levels of Kirby: Canvas Curse for NDS. I lost a couple of Styluses out of frustration. ><d

FELIPE NO
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]

Last edited by BIGWORM; Oct 4, 2006 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Hardest. Level. Ever.