Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:52 PM #1 of 31
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

The next adventure into Narnia comes out in 2008. IMDB has listed the main 4 kids coming back as well as Liam Neeson to voice Aslan.

from movies.about.com:

The Next "Narnia" Film Begins Taking Shape
It comes as no surprise that Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media are in pre-production on "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian," the second film of the "Narnia" series. With "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" taking in an amazing $65 million during just its opening weekend and $637.8 million worldwide to date (just wait until it comes out on DVD, sales should be astronomical), it's a wonder the announcement of work on the second movie took two months to come out.

Fans of the first "Narnia" movie should be happy to note that most of the cast and crew from "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" will reunite for "Prince Caspian." Andrew Adamson will return as director and co-writer (with Christopher Markus and Steve McFeeley).

Disney expects filming of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" to begin in late 2006 with the studio eyeing a Christmas 2007 release date.

In a statement issued by Walt Disney Pictures, studio chairman Dick Cook said, "We're thrilled to be working with such a great director as Andrew, and our friends at Walden Media, in bringing the next chapter of the 'Narnia' chronicles to the big screen. Moviegoers around the world were unanimous in their love and enthusiasm for 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,' and 'Prince Caspian' offers lots of new thrills and adventures in this magical land. The C. S. Lewis books are a rich source of inspiration for great storytelling, and this book spotlights some wonderful new heroes, and villains, along with many of the characters we came to love so much in the first film."

Director Adamson was quoted as saying, "Making 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' couldn't have been a more rewarding experience, not just in terms of creative achievement and audience response, but also because of the family we formed during production. 'Prince Caspian' not only gives me an opportunity to challenge my imagination with another classic story, it also allows me to work alongside the many talented artists who contributed to the first film, and of course to collaborate again with 'The Pevensies,' Georgie, Skandar, Anna, and William."

The Official "Prince Caspian" Synopsis
"Prince Caspian" finds the Pevensie siblings pulled back into the land of Narnia, where a thousand years have passed since they left. The children are once again enlisted to join the colorful creatures of Narnia in combating an evil villain who prevents the rightful Prince from ruling the land.

Since the first movie was pretty good, I expect no less from this one.

/begin thread. Update it whenever new information comes out. :P

Jam it back in, in the dark.

VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:35 PM #2 of 31
Only you forget that Prince Caspian is the worst Narnia book. I really can't see how they could make this book into a good movie unless they change and add a lot of elements.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:38 PM #3 of 31
Originally Posted by VitaPup
Only you forget that Prince Caspian is the worst Narnia book. I really can't see how they could make this book into a good movie unless they change and add a lot of elements.
Eh, at least Peter gets to have a cool duel in this one.

Well, I think this one does, it's been a while since I read the whole series, but I thought that was the most exciting part of the book.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 01:44 AM #4 of 31
I really can't say that I agree. I found The Last Battle to be absolutely beyond abysmal, and I wasn't a fan of A Horse and His Boy either. While I agree that Prince Caspian is no The Silver Chair or The Magician's Nephew, I'd say that it has the basis to be a decent film. Not to mention that it sets up the sequel The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which was my favourite of all the Chronicles.

I feel that I should clarify, however, that although this is how I would rate the books in terms of relative quality, I ceased utterly to be a fan of them after having read The Last Battle, and will not be watching any of these films.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:54 PM #5 of 31
I like how Prince Caspian has some shit in it that's violent as all hell. Like the mice running around shanking people in the ankles, then skewing them when they fall down.

And I'm pretty sure there's a part where it talks about Caspian or Peter or someone chopping up some fool like crazy. Takes off the guy's legs with the frontstroke, lops off his head with the backstroke.

Considering they managed to turn the first movie into Lord of the Rings lite when the "big" battle was hardly even described in the book, it'll be interesting to see what they do with this one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:06 PM #6 of 31
I agree that Prince Caspian was the worst of the books... They just walked. For a really long time. Right? Wait, no. What is the one I'm thinking of? The one where they're walking and someone keeps spotting Aslan telling them to go a different direction but no one believes her...

But anyway, I still wasn't a huge fan of Caspian. I thought all the other books were wonderful. I especially loved The Last Battle. I thought it gave some great insight into C.S. Lewis' rather unique theology.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ademis
Seeker of Alice

Member 11603

Level 2.86

Aug 2006

Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:10 PM #7 of 31
Well they do say good books make bad movies and the same for video games. maybe they're trying to see if bad books make good movies or somethin to that effect :lolsign:

Most amazing jew boots
Guinness
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5337

Level 2.25

Apr 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 02:23 AM #8 of 31
Originally Posted by Ademis
Well they do say good books make bad movies and the same for video games. maybe they're trying to see if bad books make good movies or somethin to that effect :lolsign:
I suppose that's true, though I found that LotRs movie trilogy to be equally as great as the books. I thought they did a good job... like the only exception though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 12:04 PM #9 of 31
I probably won't see it as well as I didnt see the first one, but I'm really surprised to see they're actually going to make them all. I really can't see how they can adapt it into a movie, especially considering today's action-action-action standards...

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:09 AM #10 of 31
Considering the job they did on the first one, I'd say the production is in good hands. Just because PC seems to be everyone's least favorite book in the entire series (I don't read it as often as the others, for sure, and there's no beating Dawn Treader/Silver Chair for the top spot, but the Last Battle is by far the worst of the lot) doesn't mean the movie will be bad. They might have to jazz it up a little, but there's a big climactic battle in the book to be elaborated upon.

I'm also looking forward to another good HGW score for the flick

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 04:57 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 01:57 PM #11 of 31
I've never read any of these books. I found them all extremely boring.

The actual movie wasn't that good either, I thought.

What's so bad about this second book?

The only thing I do remember about the books, is that the Voyage of the Dawn Treader had a bad ass picture of this ship that was sailing off into the sunset (or sun rise, like the nammmmmeeee...) or something to that affect.

Intense.

blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:20 PM #12 of 31
Originally Posted by Prosthetic
I've never read any of these books. I found them all extremely boring.
I'm... really confused...

???

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Aug 28, 2006, 04:04 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 01:04 AM #13 of 31
I started to read them, but I lost interest very quickly, is what I'm saying.

Like I read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and started to read the second one, but I lost interest before getting into it.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 05:06 PM #14 of 31
New trailers (wewt for laptops and wifi!)

480p Trailer

1080p trailer

Right click-save as and rename the extension to .mov from makeplaylist.dll

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 06:43 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 04:43 PM #15 of 31
So, my question is: if Christians have a right to protest and boycott The Golden Compass because of its underlying anti-religious theme, do atheists have just as legitimate a right to protest Narnia because of its underlying religious allegory?

HMMMMMMM?

FELIPE NO
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:39 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 06:39 PM #16 of 31
Why would they, though? Atheists have no agenda to protect.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:29 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 03:29 PM #17 of 31
Yeah but we they could say that the film is indoctrinating children with Christian philosophies, the way Christian groups say The Golden Compass is indoctrinating children with atheism.
I heard that on Fox News, my fair and balanced news source.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 08:49 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 05:49 PM #18 of 31
I'm of the mind that there should be no "they", that there should be no "we". A set of people who don't believe in a certain system of beliefs have no more reason to group together than do those who do not believe in Santa Claus. In essence, let what may be, be. If it is able to bring some people happiness or reassurance, who am I to say it's wrong?

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 08:25 PM #19 of 31
I'm of the mind that there should be no "they", that there should be no "we".
Okay, yes. That is sort of beside my point though. I'm just calling out what I see as a double standard.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:54 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2007, 09:54 PM #20 of 31
So, my question is: if Christians have a right to protest and boycott The Golden Compass because of its underlying anti-religious theme, do atheists have just as legitimate a right to protest Narnia because of its underlying religious allegory?

HMMMMMMM?
Do you really expect anyone to complain if they did? Well, I guess there's one way to find out; hurry up and tell the Pope of Atheism to organize a boycott!

Why anybody would care about someone else's reasons to see/not see any given movie is beyond me. THOU SHALT GO TO HELL UNLESS THOU SEEST EACH NARNIA MOVIE AT LEAST THRICE.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:45 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2007, 01:45 AM #21 of 31
I think it's more that people are pissed off about the uproar over HDM: TGC when, at the release of the first Narnia movie, nonreligious folk were able to sit down and keep their mouths shut.

We did Christians the courtesy of not raising hell (no pun intended) over the overtly Christian "Narnia", but now they decide to raise a stink over the (perhaps not-so-) overtly atheist Golden Compass. Especially since Pullman doesn't get the bible-bashing into full steam until midway through the 2nd book, whereas "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" had the "hay guys do u think Aslan is supost 2 be Jesus cuz u no he came back from dead and stuff. Do you think." bit, and it was the first book in a longer (and better-known) series.

Bottom line, at least from HDM fans, is that "hey, your books are greater in both numbers and popularity and you've already had one decently successful film. Leave us the frell alone, we did the same for you."

As for Narnia itself, I enjoyed the first movie. Even as an atheist who found it amusing to be beat over the head with the symbolism it sported, the movie itself wasn't terrible. If nothing else it had Liam fucking Neeson: that's gotta count for something.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:48 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2007, 03:48 AM #22 of 31
There's not so much an uproar as a "Hey I heard this doesn't agree with our beliefs, let's not watch it." And while this isn't entirely accurate since Golden Compass doesn't have much bashing, I think they'd be pretty comfortable boycotting the entire series even if they knew that.

Yes, I imagine this will lead to some not giving it a fair chance, but ultimately that is still their decision and none of your business. On the other hand, some would say that no publicity is bad publicity. And I don't remember Narnia entirely lacking in atheist criticism when it came out, either.

"Leave us the frell alone." Technically, that's pretty much what they're doing.

I don't particularly care for either series; in fact if anything I like HDM a little more than Narnia. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Sorry for derailment, perhaps these past 8 posts should be split off?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2007, 07:03 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2007, 06:03 PM #23 of 31
See, I didn't notice any atheist criticism of Narnia, but then I also wasn't looking very hard.

FELIPE NO
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:49 AM #24 of 31
Although religious myself, I think it's a travesty that they dulled down the more atheistic philosophies of the film (Golden Compass). Narnia was meant to have obvious Christian themes, and it did. This is meant to have a more atheistic point of view, and they dulled it down a bit to please censorship groups. I'd prefer it if the movie would have stayed truer to the books. Anyway I still plan to go see Golden Compass, and I plan on enjoying it. I love fantasy movies, even if everything since Lord of the Rings has been pretty much a re-hashing of the same sort of film style.

I just think that if you are going to make an adaptation of anything, keep it's message the same, and don't water it down because you are afraid of public criticism.

I plan on going to see Caspian as well, and I fully expect it to be chock-full of Christian philosophy.

I don't see why people can't just get past philosophies and enjoy a film, no matter what it's message or moral is. Films are meant to be entertainment, and if it's good entertainment, it makes you think some, even if it's something you may not agree with. That's no reason to be afraid of it. Organized religion really pisses me off sometimes.

How ya doing, buddy?

FGSFDS!!!

Last edited by DarkLink2135; Dec 12, 2007 at 01:51 AM.
AtomicDuck
Quackus Maximus

Member 27199

Level 5.82

Dec 2007

Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:19 AM #25 of 31
Yay a new Narnia movie I saw the trailer and it looks quacking awesome

I thought the first one was easily the best movie that year and the next best fantasy movie after Return of the King, and I'm hoping Prince Caspian will be just as good

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian