Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] Under-Appreciated SNES Games

Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 23, 2008, 07:27 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2008, 08:57 PM #26 of 32
I just thought of another game from the snes that I felt was under-appreciated partly because of its difficulty.

That game would be:

Desert Strike: Return To The Gulf

This game was actually rented for me by my dad during the christmas holidays when I was 14 years old. My dad was the only parent that was interested in watching me play video games. He use to get sick and tired of me beating snes games so easily, so he asked his friend at the local video game store for a snes game that was very challenging and he got me this one to play for a week over christmas. It still remains one of the toughest snes games I've ever played. I would absolutely love to play this game again. I could only get to the third mission and would get killed every time. I've never played any of the other games in the strike series but this was always a pleasant game to play because I felt it had a good amount of challenge to it and I haven't come across too many people that have actually played it.

Some of the enemies can kill you fairly quickly. You can easily run out of ammo if your not too careful. You have to watch your fuel level as well. There was always a fixed amount of fuel and ammo crates you could obtain per mission so you would have to manage your supplies carefully. A great game and something everybody should play. Who knows I might have been the only person having difficulty playing it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Oct 23, 2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: poor grammar
The Unknown Blazer
Fire Hazard

Member 31481

Level 16.43

Aug 2008

Old Oct 25, 2008, 07:05 AM #27 of 32
Ha! I remember that game. As far as I remember, the box art was pretty wild, which made me rent it in the first place.
Those powerups were lame though. Didn't one turn you into a floating lime or bubble or whatever?
Seriously, bubble gum as a weapon?..... A prop goes to anyone who can name a lamier weapon in a game.

Anyways, yeah, I think the purple gum turns you into a giant bubble.

I don't know if this was under appreciated but I do remember no one ever talking about it

Gun duck and ninja duck. Win, win.
DAMN! I completely forgot about this game! The reason why its under-appreciated is beyond me.....

It had a great plot and alot of creativeness in it. I definitely remember the music in it!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by The Unknown Blazer; Oct 25, 2008 at 07:11 AM.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 08:32 AM #28 of 32
I just thought of another game from the snes that I felt was under-appreciated partly because of its difficulty.

That game would be:

Desert Strike: Return To The Gulf

This game was actually rented for me by my dad during the christmas holidays when I was 14 years old. My dad was the only parent that was interested in watching me play video games. He use to get sick and tired of me beating snes games so easily, so he asked his friend at the local video game store for a snes game that was very challenging and he got me this one to play for a week over christmas. It still remains one of the toughest snes games I've ever played. I would absolutely love to play this game again. I could only get to the third mission and would get killed every time. I've never played any of the other games in the strike series but this was always a pleasant game to play because I felt it had a good amount of challenge to it and I haven't come across too many people that have actually played it.

Some of the enemies can kill you fairly quickly. You can easily run out of ammo if your not too careful. You have to watch your fuel level as well. There was always a fixed amount of fuel and ammo crates you could obtain per mission so you would have to manage your supplies carefully. A great game and something everybody should play. Who knows I might have been the only person having difficulty playing it.

I remember that game if anything for getting in trouble for blowing apart one's base, or any important landmarks.

Bubsy I and II come to mind. They were popular enough to have sequels but were forgotten thanks to the last Bubsy.

There was a Tiny Toons Game in which you could have up to four players playing all sorts of games. No one had heard about it, but it was fun. I really wish I could remember it's name though.

WCW Superbrawl was also excellent... No, I'm kidding, it was horrible. So horrible that I remember it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 02:45 PM #29 of 32
THe Tiny Toons one is this: Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge. I remember trying it and it being frustrating.

I was speaking idiomatically.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 03:33 PM #30 of 32
With the computer...yes...but with one's family it was fun.

Actually, there was some flaws with it...but given the type of game it was and how rare (at the time) thsoe games were, it was pretty nice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 06:34 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 08:04 PM 1 #31 of 32
I also remember the other tiny toons game:

This game was aanother fine side scroller I never seen people play very often. A lot of the levels were fairly fun and there was a good amount of challenge factor. I really hated the football level. I could only ever beat it by running the ball instead of throwing it.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:26 PM #32 of 32
Of course you couldn't. That's because throwing the ball is a HORRIBLE IDEA. (own the cart)

Most amazing jew boots
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] Under-Appreciated SNES Games