Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Aquaria - "It's basically Ecco the Dolphin mixed with Metroid"

Roan
Chocobo

Member 1565

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 01:28 AM #26 of 39
played 3 hours into the game and Im getting tired of it. hmmm. maybe its just not my type. Wandering around in circles bugs me. :P

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2007, 02:13 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2007, 07:13 PM #27 of 39
That's what I hated about Ecco

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:58 AM #28 of 39
It's basically a game I'll never play. Only PC? Come on. WiiWare? Xbox Live? Either of the two will be a perfect fit for mass distribution.
Development on a PC has a far lower barrier of entry than development on any console. That's the whole reason why most independent games come out on PCs.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Django!
I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back

Member 23557

Level 8.57

Jul 2007

Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:07 PM #29 of 39
I'm not dumb, I know the issues inherited with being a member of an underground art form of form of expression.

Doesn't change the fact that it being PC only keeps me from playing it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:37 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 06:37 PM #30 of 39
That's right! Ambrosia Software is handling the Mac OS X port, and say it will available "in the near future". Still no word on how it will be distributed exactly, but I'd guess a direct download option will probably happen either way.
Since Ambrosia's doing it, I guarantee it'll be a direct download, 30-day demo until you enter a registration code.

I also guarantee it'll be as hottastic as the PC version, because Ambrosia is a damn good porting company. I installed the demo version on a lab machine, and I can't wait until Ambrosia finishes so I can play the full thing on my own computer.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Django!

Member 23557

Level 8.57

Jul 2007

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:38 AM #31 of 39
Sounds good.

Still hope to see it on the Wii or 360. I finally caved and bought Geometry Wars last night for Live Arcade.

I can also do something about that music taste problem you have. ;-)

FELIPE NO
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:42 PM #32 of 39
I'm not dumb, I know the issues inherited with being a member of an underground art form of form of expression.

Doesn't change the fact that it being PC only keeps me from playing it.
You could just use paralells to play it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 02:19 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 01:19 AM #33 of 39
35 hours and 37 minutes later (in-game time, real life time is probably about 60 or so) after having done pretty much everything there was to do:
  • Obtained all 32 Treasures
  • Created all 50 Recipes (Alec said there were no more despite there being two blank spots on the last page)
  • Acquired all 4 Pets
  • Mapped out the entire world of Aquaria
  • Found the 3 special things that are really special

I finally beat the game. I will admit in the beginning the game started out a bit shaky. Little fish girl is tired of swimming in her lovely home and wants to go exploring elsewhere.

However, once you leave the calm comfort of Home Waters and reach the Open Waters, things start to pick up a little. The story hits on two themes throughout the entire game, and these two specific themes will probably manage to affect the player's emotions and compel them to play longer than they might intend.

The music in this game is amazing. I really, really love what they did with a particular Verse. The boss music is very suitable too, it puts one in the mood to not only actually fight but to finish it as well. The pace of the boss fight theme actually goes with the pace you will be scampering about and dodging like a madman. The voices were great, and it's kind of neat that the developers managed to do a little voice work for things here and there. Jenna Sharpe (who does the voice of Naija) really manages to bring out the character well. I honestly could not tell that this was her first real gig doing voice work. There were a few moments where the voice was overshadowed by the music, but overall it was very nice.

I know it will be done eventually, but I'm just glad no one ever did a walk through while I was going through the game. For me it really added to the experience, since I was just as confused and dumbfounded as Naija at times.

Honestly. The fact that two guys could create something of this caliber is breathtaking. I'm saddened that the bigger companies out there can't even come close to matching what these two men (and one woman) accomplished in only a two year period.

All I really need is a soundtrack for this game. Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:50 PM #34 of 39
I couldn't had resume that game better than what Lacerta just said XD

The final boss was amazing too and so epic! I just can't wait to see what those two guy will come next ^^

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trance Machina
Do these clothes become me?

Member 3819

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2007, 02:23 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2007, 11:23 AM #35 of 39
What the hell. I'm definitely buying this, the demo was really superb and I felt really bad for downloading it because the quality of it is just..so great. I'm loving the music too, can't wait for the soundtrack to come out. <3

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Currently Playing:Persona 3, .hack//G.U. vol 3, Wild ARMs 3, and Phantasy Star Universe (360).
I will beat a rod until a tank empties~
Chocojournal
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:38 PM #36 of 39
Has this been posted? Aquaria being controlled via Wii Remote.

YouTube - Aquaria with Wii Remote - Raw test video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:08 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2007, 04:08 PM #37 of 39
I played about 20 minutes into the demo and I'm already in love with this game. There's supposed to be a Mac port coming out in the near future as well and they're thinking of making a boxed set as well. If it becomes a proper box game, I'll pick it up for sure. Either way, I'm gonna see how far the demo goes and I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying this game regardless. <3

I was speaking idiomatically.
Django!

Member 23557

Level 8.57

Jul 2007

Old Dec 21, 2007, 05:29 PM #38 of 39
The new 1UP Show has a segment on it. Check it out. Looks very interesting. Some Metroid talk as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 01:30 AM #39 of 39
I wasn't going to pay for it originally, but after trying it out I felt it was worth it. I'd actually feel bad playing such a good game and not supporting them for making it.

Edit: My only gripe with this game is for now it doesn't really support any widescreen resolutions. I hope they change that, since yeah, I don't have any standard 4:3 screens in this house anymore.

FELIPE NO
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen

Last edited by Forsety; Dec 22, 2007 at 04:26 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Aquaria - "It's basically Ecco the Dolphin mixed with Metroid"