Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Comic Book Thread

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:23 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2011, 12:23 PM #76 of 81
Man, I need to read more of JLA. The stuff they're putting out these days aren't that good, so I tend to shy away from them. The last good JLA story I read was "Tower of Babel".

Anyway, is anyone reading Fear Itself? What do you think of the first issue?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2011, 01:37 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2011, 02:37 PM #77 of 81
Meh, don't like it much. If you like Captain America and Thor, I guess you'll like it (since the enemies are their villains). To be fair it WAS a Cap/Thor crossover before Marvel blew the scope up.

Can't say I'm digging any of the present storylines in comics these days. The ones I look forward to the most are:

1. Brightest Day
2. War of the Green Lanterns (GL Books)
3. Cinderella: Fables are Forever
4. ps238
5. Age of X, I guess? Though not too much!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:32 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2011, 01:32 AM #78 of 81
So far Fables is the only comic title I'm reading regularly these days, though I just wait for the tpbs to come out. Gotta get volume 15 (Rose Red) in a little bit. Stopped reading mainstream DC and Marvel comics a while ago and now so many things have happened, I'm not too sure I wanna get back in. Now I just wait for trade paper backs and buy whatever seems interesting and are just self-contained stories in a single volume. For that reason I've pretty much avoided Blackest Night, all of those red, blue, yellow lantern books and now probably Brightest Day as well.

How ya doing, buddy?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:21 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2011, 12:21 AM #79 of 81
Hey guys, wondering if any of you might be able to help.

I've seen a few pics about on the web from a couple of books I'm interested in reading, now that DC has gone all "alternate universe/timeline" with the relaunch of their books...

I can't find those pages anymore no matter where I search but I'm guessing they were from books published way before Flashpoint and whatnot. The books might be Elseworld titles or just dreams/hallucinations in the regular books. My memory isn't so good so some descriptions may be way off...

The first may be from either a Batman, Wonder Woman, or a Justice League title. The page showed a scene on Themyscira where Diana (looking as youthful and as beautiful as ever) is walking towards a wheelchair where sits a solitary figure looking at the sunset. The figure turns out to be a very old Bruce Wayne. From the conversation they have it is obvious that they have been married for a long time but Bruce then tells Diana that it is time for him to go. She cries and he tells her that he won't mind if she finds someone else (since she's immortal) but whatever happens, not to let her next love be Clark. He then tells her he was just joking, that Clark would take care of her. He then asks her to stay with him to watch his last sunset.

The second one is definitely a Wonder Woman title. It shows Diana fulfilling her role as Queen of Themyscira and her throne room is filled with the heads of her enemies placed on spikes like the castles of old. The heads include Mongul, Darkseid and Circe among others. Lined up on the other side of the room and kneeling are her knights that include, among others, Superman and Batman. They are wearing alternate versions of their costumes.

Anyone have any ideas to the comics I'm talking about?

FELIPE NO
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:05 AM Local time: Nov 15, 2011, 09:05 PM #80 of 81
Okay, I found the images I was talking about for the first story. Apparently it's from JLA #90. I got the description a bit messed up but the general story was right.

Unfortunately, the issue was published in 2004 and I can't find the issue anywhere. I was tempted to buy a tpb when it was available but later found that the JLA trade paperbacks do not include this particular issue at all...

Anyone know if it's available online?

Still no idea on the second query I posted though. Still coming nada with the picture searches as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by hikarub; Nov 15, 2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: messed up issue date
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:29 PM #81 of 81
The last comics that I read were The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One. It's kind of funny because the only reason that I read them was because I had to read them for my American Pop Culture class. Best Class ever and both were really enjoyable graphic Novel/comics. For both, I could not put them down until I finished them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Comic Book Thread