Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime!

Battle_CRY
Vice-President

Member 7659

Level 6.62

May 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 07:58 PM #51 of 67
Cool

The music is still by Yoko Kanno which is awesome, hopefully featuring some tracks by Ilaria Graziano (who does alot of the italian songs in both series). It will be interesting to see where Ghost in the Shell's future will go with another movie/ova instead of another series. I do wonder how long the franchise will last though without any advancement in the story...having section 9 and the same characters over and over through multiple movies and two series is rather excessive for my taste. Though I do enjoy the extensive character development and beautiful scores and animation that the creators have provided. Solid State Society should be able to provide a fairly decent continuation of Major Kusanagi and section 9's exploits...Can't wait until it comes out!!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Signature removed by the board of directors
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:25 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 12:25 PM #52 of 67
After reading the first post, I was really excited to hear about a new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series being made. Alas, as Bigblah says, it will only be a 100-minute movie/OVA. Personally I don't mind what we get, as long as its set in the GitS universe then I'm happy regardless of what it will be when it finally comes out.

Having only watched the first series I'm currenlty in the process of collecting the second series for a weekend marathon watch. With this new release, I won't have to worry about the series ending straight away. I wonder if this movie/OVA will finish off the series.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:48 PM #53 of 67
Well, I'm mildly disappointed that Kenji Kawaii hasn't been asked to do the music. I was hoping he'd be asked to partake in at least one series. I prefer his weird ambient sound over Kanno's pop-cheery stuff. Oh well, maybe this wont be the end of it, heh.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:40 PM #54 of 67
After 1 month, we are finally given more news concerning Solid State Society.

Originally Posted by Production I.G.
Ghost in the Shell:
Stand Alone Complex
Solid State Society

Introduction
With more than 1.5 million copies sold in Japan and 100.000 copies per volume sold in the USA, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex has consolidated his place among the classics in the world of science fiction. Now, after two years from the TV series that started all, a completely new and all-original chapter is about to emerge: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society. Directed by Kenji Kamiyama and with the participation of the same staff from the popular series, this full-length 105 minute feature has required an unprecedented budget of 360 million yen (or 3.20 million dollars), in order to provide theatrical quality. The movie will premiere in Japan on the SKYPerfecTV! satellite television network on September 1st, and successively released on DVD on November 24th. Release outside Japan is to be announced.

Story
A.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team, that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents, and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker named the Puppeteer is behind the entire series of events.

In the midst of all, Batou, who was stalking the case on a separate track, encounters Motoko. She goes away after saying, "Stay away from the Solid State Society." Batou is left with a doubt in his mind. Could Motoko be the the Puppeteer?

The series of intriguing incidents that Section 9 faces gradually link together almost artistically. Who is the Puppeteer? What will happen to Batou's relationship with Motoko? What is the full truth behind this carefully planned perfect crime? And what will the outcome be? Mysteries surround the Solid State Society...

NOTE: The word "Puppeteer" is used in this text as a temporary translation for the original Japanese term "Kugutsu Mawashi," and it is not meant to be the official English adaptation.
Sounds like this is going to be one serious f'n story. So this should be after the second season. heh.. And i thought it was going to be something of the Puppetmaster but that was in the Year 2029

Most amazing jew boots
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:17 AM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 11:17 PM #55 of 67
There's a torrent on the LMF tracker for a trailer of Solid State Society.

http://tracker.gits-fans.com:4487/

Looks interesting. Not quite sure what is going on, but hey, Batou got a haircut!

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:28 PM #56 of 67
I still think the Laughing Man Case was the best season compared to the second season. The Particularist 11 case was still kickass though.

Looking at this just makes me believe that Yoko Kanno will work on the music for the third time.

Awesome Trailer. I believe that to be as goodd as LMC. If not as good then Better. The music for the third part of the trailer sounds a little Koh Otani-ish..but whatever.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 09:24 PM #57 of 67
Looks like Bandai is layn down the law with SSS
Quote:
posted on 2006-08-22 19:38:25

Warns fansubbers that they are "prepared to take legal action"Bandai Entertainment USA sent out a press release today warning fansubbers that they may be prosecuted for fansubbing Bandai titles, specifically Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.

Several fansub sites have publicly announced plans to create and distribute illegal fansubs of Solid State Society following its release in Japan. However, Bandai Entertainment Inc. and Manga Entertainment have secured the exclusive right to distribute this title in the US. The creation of translated versions of Solid State Society is considered an unauthorized derivative and constitutes infringement of the intellectual property rights in the work as well as unfair competition. Furthermore, uploading and downloading of the programs without an official license or explicit consent by the content owner(s) constitutes infringement of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, and is an illegal act. Bandai must take steps to protect its investment in the property and will take all measures available to stop the illegal distribution of its titles, including instituting court proceedings. If it is forced to do so, Bandai is prepared to seek statutory damages and/or damages to cover its loss of sales.

“Fansubs, even those not sold for profit, are harmful to our properties and industry overall and we will be watching closely to make sure our rights regarding SSS are not infringed,” said Ken Iyadomi, President of Bandai Entertainment Inc. “We are prepared to take legal action against fansubbers and illegal download and other distribution sites if this notice is ignored,” he added.
Im sure there will still be at least one group that goes after it though

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 08:11 PM #58 of 67
At any rate, as I'm hopefully waiting for a box set of the first and second series, buying this to complete the SAC series would be a no brainer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:13 PM #59 of 67
Bandai USA really loves GitS.
They've licensed SAC really early like a few episodes after the premier in Japan.
Then they licensed 2nd GIG before it was even premiered in Japan.

Most amazing jew boots
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:58 PM #60 of 67
and the SSS movie before being exhibited!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:49 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 11:49 PM #61 of 67
There's a torrent on the LMF tracker for a trailer of Solid State Society.

http://tracker.gits-fans.com:4487/

Looks interesting. Not quite sure what is going on, but hey, Batou got a haircut!
Any idea what song was playing during the recap-clips? The first half of the trailer. VERY cool song... :O

Looks like a badass suspense flick. Might end up with Motoko being a red herring and someone coming out of left field at the very end or something. Hope it DOES do something or at least expand on her relationship with Bateau.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 10:06 PM #62 of 67
Gech, it's called "Cyber Bard" by of course, Yoko Kanno & Gabriela Royin. It is the 1st track of the GITS SAC OST # 2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:29 AM #63 of 67
I was just about to post about the Bandai thing. They're going pretty hardcore now. Sucks to be a fansubber caught by them.

FELIPE NO

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2011, 04:13 AM Local time: May 4, 2011, 05:13 PM #64 of 67
Has anyone seen the OVA versions of The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven? Are they just hashed together from the original series and 2nd Gig, or they worth it as alternatives to collecting the entire series. I found an Amazon listing saying that the bluray versions of The Laughing Man, Individual Eleven, and Solid State Society would be released on June 21st and I'm just wondering if they're worth getting?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2011, 06:51 AM #65 of 67
Nope. Ghost in the Shell isn't really a series that benefits from being condensed into movie format like say, the original Gundam or Nanoha. That and the incredible dub cast does not reprise their roles and it's really, really off-putting. Having anyone other than Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as the Major is just wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2011, 02:12 PM Local time: May 6, 2011, 03:12 AM #66 of 67
Really? I heard somewhere that the OVAs have additional animation added that wasn't included in the original series so I assumed that would make the condensation a little smoother and less awkward. Is it really that bad? And the issue with the dubs doesn't really concern me since I avoid English dubs like the plague. Nothing beats the original Japanese voices in my opinion...

How ya doing, buddy?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime!