Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Beer tastin'.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:50 PM #1 of 13
Beer tastin'.

So, since drink on is coming up, I wanted to make a thread about the beer tasting we did at meet since it's relevant to my interests. Actually it's something I've wanted to do that just kind of slipped through my fingers...

anyway, if you really liked or really hated any of these beers, whether at meet or elsewhere, let us know! Or if you've had other beers by these breweries, or other styles, whateva. LET'S TALK BEER.

Our selection part 1: One side of the bar:

Shown:
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
Brouwerij BoonOude Geuze Boon
Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel Route des epice
Rogue Chipotle Ale
Chimay Grand Reserve
Saint Somewhere Saison Athene
Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. Gulden Draak Ale

Our selection part 2: The other side of the bar:

Shown:
Allagash Interlude
Allagash Confluence Ale
Allagash Tripel Reserve
Brouwerij BoonOude Geuze Boon (same beer as before)
Brouwerij Verhaeghe Duchesse de Bourgogne
Brouwerij Boon Framboise Boon
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Brauerei Heller-Trum / Schlenkerla Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel Route des epice (same beer as before)
Brauerei Heller-Trum / Schlenkerla Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen (same beer as before)
Brouwerij Huyghe Delerium Tremens
Samuel Smith's Organic Cider
Brewery Ommegang Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend

Our selection part 3: the multi-packs:

Shown:
Plzensky Prazdroj, a. s. Pilsner Urquell
Allagash Dubbel
Belfast Bay Brewing Co Lobster Ale
North Coast Brewing Co. Old Rasputin
Unibroue La Fin du Monde

I might go through these beer by beer later, but for now, most of these were new on me. Of the ones I've never tried before, I liked the Route des epice (it's the one that had peppercorns in it, if you remember), and I was quite disappointed with the Saison. Chimay was brilliant, as was Delerium Tremens. I heard a lot of good things about Three Philosophers, but I wasn't impressed. I could've not been in the mood for that one though. Lobster Ale was a local brew, and it smelled horrible but it tasted pretty mild. La Fin du Monde, I also wasn't impressed with, but it was a sweet label and it was in French so who could say no?

MORE LATER MAYBE

BUT FOR NOW, IT IS YOUR TURN

How ya doing, buddy?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:55 PM #2 of 13
Lurks, for the record, I would absolutely love to do this again next year, on an even larger scale if possible. I'd love to buy double the amount we had this year and spread the tastings over the entire week. Like 5 beers per night. I would flip out at that.

My neighbors and I are actually hosting one for the 4th. I'm going to contribute some fuckin' GEUZE along with a Rouge and a He-Brew.

Anyway, I fuckin' loved the Tremens and the Geuze. The Geuze was one of the most unique tasting beers I've ever come across. I didn't outright dislike any of them, even the darker stuff which I usually dislike. The Rasputin in particular was great.

Most amazing jew boots
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:16 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2010, 09:16 PM #3 of 13
I liked the Chipotle, Delirium and the Double Chocolate Stout.

Seconding the Rasputin one; I liked it. Rich and deep taste.

Going to sentiment Sprout's sentiment; this needs to be bigger next year. Probably may ask you to get me some of the ones above that I like. (and how much will they be, so I can give you the right amount + a bit of extra)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:29 PM #4 of 13
Quote:
Chimay was brilliant
I absolutely agree with this. This by far was the one that stuck out in my head as an amazing drink. I think we agreed that it was almost like Sparkling Cider and beer. Sparkling beer, if you will.

Also, I dont remember the name of it, but the one with the raspberries I really liked.

Unfortunately, I cant think of many local breweries around here in CT. There was a restaurant called Hops that made their own beer... wasnt anything special though. There's actually a beer fest coming up in town that I'm eager to go to, so I'll be sure to remember a camera and take notes if anything sticks out to me. <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:10 AM #5 of 13
Lurks, for the record, I would absolutely love to do this again next year, on an even larger scale if possible. I'd love to buy double the amount we had this year and spread the tastings over the entire week. Like 5 beers per night. I would flip out at that.
I absolutely agree w/r/t having another beer tasting, and I can see plenty of opportunity to have a ton more beer cause we basically scratched the surface* of the beer world there. I don't know about having a beer tasting every single night, but maybe two or three nights so that everybody gets a chance to join in. We'll also want to increase the number of dupes that we have too.

Quote:
My neighbors and I are actually hosting one for the 4th. I'm going to contribute some fuckin' GEUZE along with a Rouge and a He-Brew.
lol GEUZE you are a fucking jerk

Quote:
Anyway, I fuckin' loved the Tremens and the Geuze. The Geuze was one of the most unique tasting beers I've ever come across. I didn't outright dislike any of them, even the darker stuff which I usually dislike. The Rasputin in particular was great.
Rasputin is too manly for me. I've had it before and it's just too crazy. Imperial stouts will fuck your shit up.

Term: We're definitely having repeats next year. There were too many good brews there to not get again, and I'm pretty sure Radez is going to buy Duchesse anyway.

Temari: The raspberries one was the Framboise. I really liked that one too.

* You might have noticed the heavy Belgian influence. I'd like to get other countries in there, and also do a lot of local brews too like Shipyard. Allagash was more than well-represented though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sarag; Jul 2, 2010 at 09:12 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:13 AM #6 of 13
I liked Saison Athene and I loved La Duchesse. I feel like I didn't like the Chimay, but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't give it a chance.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:46 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2010, 08:46 AM #7 of 13
You didn't like a Unibroue beer.

Your beer taste buds are dead to me.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 02:43 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2010, 12:43 PM #8 of 13
I'm surprised that Sprout liked the Gueze. I thought I was the only one. Other than that, I liked Delerium and all of the Allagash.

I was mad, though, that I couldn't find any of this stuff here. All I could find was Rogue and Unibroue beers. I was dying for some Magic Hat a few days after, also, but haven't found any.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:27 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2010, 04:27 PM #9 of 13
Quote:
North Coast Brewing Co. Old Rasputin
This beer is brewed in my hometown and is abso-fucking-lutely delicious. Not the best they make, however.

I wish I had time/money to make it to a GFF meet ;_;

Additionally, I am happy to see most people enjoyed the Rasputin. Most people I introduce to dark beers won't touch Rasputin. These people are known as pussies.

Or just people without the pallette for dark beer, whatever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:31 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2010, 05:31 PM #10 of 13
You didn't like a Unibroue beer.

Your beer taste buds are dead to me.
Their Ephemere is kind of shit, to be honest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:32 PM #11 of 13
I'll say that the Geuze was INTERESTING, but was off-set by its DISGUSTING. Chipotle beer was pretty disgusting. The pepper beer was pretty cool. The dark beers were too strong for my pussy mouth. I liked the winey beers.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2010, 01:40 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2010, 12:40 AM #12 of 13
Their Ephemere is kind of shit, to be honest.

Also dead to me. (The kitten is alive, though)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2010, 02:16 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2010, 12:16 AM #13 of 13
Rasputin is too manly for me.

I really didn't like that GEUZE. It tasted and stunk like a skunk in the worst ways. Sorry.

I've had the Rasputin beef before, naturally. Although the first time I must say I wasn't prepared for it, years later (two weeks ago) it really hit the spot. I've definitely come a long way and I really can enjoy those super dark beers now.

All the fruity ones where good, also, just because I like things that taste like other things. The chipotle was remarkably chipotle, unfortunately I don't like chipotle, but it was the one that stood out the most of night.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Beer tastin'.