Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DVD Decrypter + AnyDVD help

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 12:26 PM #1 of 8
DVD Decrypter + AnyDVD help

I had a topic like this one in the Other Requests board but I thought it would be proper to have a topic here since I was basically just asking questions in that topic.

So the problem I am having is the space. When I decrypte a DVD it takes up about 6-8 gigs of space on my harddrive. Why is it so big? When I used another DVD decrypter, the size the average DVD took up was somewhere around 4 gigs. Which was small enough to burn it to a blank DVD. Now I can't do that because of the gigantic size.

I ripped XXX-State of Union to my Harddrive with DVD Decryter and AnyDVD and it was 7.95 gigabytes! It was in the form of a compressed file (I use WinRar). To me, that way to large, is there something I'm doing wrong? Why is it so much bigger when using this software? I'll never be able to burn this stuff onto a 4.7 gig DVD.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 02:35 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:35 PM #2 of 8
that happe n to me for some dvd but try shrink dvd is cool
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...dvd_shrink.cfm

There's nowhere I can't reach.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:35 PM #3 of 8
Originally Posted by soniclover
I had a topic like this one in the Other Requests board but I thought it would be proper to have a topic here since I was basically just asking questions in that topic.

So the problem I am having is the space. When I decrypte a DVD it takes up about 6-8 gigs of space on my harddrive. Why is it so big? When I used another DVD decrypter, the size the average DVD took up was somewhere around 4 gigs. Which was small enough to burn it to a blank DVD. Now I can't do that because of the gigantic size.

I ripped XXX-State of Union to my Harddrive with DVD Decryter and AnyDVD and it was 7.95 gigabytes! It was in the form of a compressed file (I use WinRar). To me, that way to large, is there something I'm doing wrong? Why is it so much bigger when using this software? I'll never be able to burn this stuff onto a 4.7 gig DVD.
DVD Decrypter alone as well as DVD Decrypter + AnyDVD rip the disc to your hard drive without compression. The files should be listed as follows, .bup, .ifo and .vob. Open in PowerDVD or VLC and select the directory folder and it'll play. If Decrypter rips in one single file then that means you ripped in ISO mode. (Open Decrypter click on Mode and select File Mode) Which is a 1:1 image of the disc which can be burned with Decrypter or Imgburn. You can use DVD Shrink to compress the DVD files on your hard drive but I recommend you use VobBlanker to blank any extras thrown into the disc. This will save more space for video for better looking video. Less compression, better video.

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

VobBlanker guide for you...

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides...king/index.php

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:44 PM #4 of 8
Alternatively, you can just go the easy route and use Nero Recode.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:49 AM #5 of 8
I'll go with Ryu on this one and agree. DVD Shrink (latest verion is 3.2) literally means its name, i.e. shrinks retail DL discs to DVD5 without quality loss. There obviously some re-encoding involved, and usually takes no more than 45 minutes to an hour, depending on processing power.

I was speaking idiomatically.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:14 AM #6 of 8
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I'll go with Ryu on this one and agree. DVD Shrink (latest verion is 3.2) literally means its name, i.e. shrinks retail DL discs to DVD5 without quality loss. There obviously some re-encoding involved, and usually takes no more than 45 minutes to an hour, depending on processing power.
If you re-encode, you do lose quality.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:35 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 07:35 PM #7 of 8
Guys, I'm having a problem actually burning the compressed Video Files to a disk.

I've tried DVD Shrink and it compressed the files to about 4 gigs but I can't seem to burn it to a disk. I've tried finding the file with DVD decryter to burn it to a CD but it doesn't show up.

Do I need a special kind of software to burn it to a disk? I thought DVD decryter would do it but it doesn't seem to be recognizing the compressed file.

FELIPE NO
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:31 PM #8 of 8
You'll need Nero or you can make an image with ImgTool Classic. This program works with Decrypter or Imgburn another program created by the creator of DVD Decrypter. Probably the best way to burn image files is with ImgBurn being that Decrypter hasn't been in development for some time now.

http://www.coujo.de/ib2/index.php?ac..._name=download

http://www.imgburn.com/

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > DVD Decrypter + AnyDVD help