Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 06:36 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 01:36 AM 1 4 #1276 of 1533
hahaha 90 minutes are nothing, considering GTAIV has 8+ hours of cutscenes.
...Way to read. Those 90 minutes are in a row. As in one cut scene. Of 90 minutes. Or so the rumor says.

Anyway, Kojima's stretching a bit far with his definition of "gaming". I know he just couldn't be assed to do more sequels so he'll just exposition-fill all the random plot holes generated throughout the series, due to the whole MG universe resembling a fishing net (hint: it has very many holes), into a one giant sausagefest for fans only. Apparently the plot itself is the biggest thing ever.

Anyway x2, I'll still play this mockery of a game when I get one of those new expensive fancy consoles everyone's been gaying about and an expensive hdtv and expensive surround system sounds. Like, when I have a job in 2016. It's also great that the promo version of the OST apparently didn't have any of HGW's compositions at all. Might we be saved from all the crappiness that was audible in the previous two games? Hallelujah~

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 06:42 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 07:42 AM #1277 of 1533
Jesus Christ, no wonder GFF's gaming forums suck ass.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 06:49 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 05:49 PM #1278 of 1533
As much as I agree that sexninja is fucking retarded, Kish, did we really need a complaint about the cost of this stuff?

This just in: Hobby requires cash. Humanity is stunned.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; May 23, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old May 23, 2008, 07:19 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 02:19 AM #1279 of 1533
Gaming has always been a pretty expensive hobby if you wanted to have a piece of current hardware. PC gaming being even worse in that specific department.
It all depends. You could of course buy a new game for 60 bucks, or go to 3 concerts, buy a number of DVDs, go to the movies, invest that sum in car parts, or whatever... Hobbies tend to cost money. And there's always bound to be someone with MORE money than me to spend on any given hobby, so there isn't really a good reason to go to whineland 'cause of that.

That promo soundtrack sure got my personal hype-meter up.
As I didn't follow the latest reports too closely, what's up with the different camera modes, they still there? At one point they demonstrated something like "GoW style cam, FPS cam, Subsistance style cam" to select from. Do we know if that's still there?

FELIPE NO

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 09:52 PM #1280 of 1533

This just in: Hobby requires cash. Humanity is stunned.
Oh god I can't live my life anymore!

On a side note, more than likely I'm not going to work on the midnight shift when the game comes out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 23, 2008, 09:56 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 06:56 PM #1281 of 1533
That promo soundtrack sure got my personal hype-meter up.
As I didn't follow the latest reports too closely, what's up with the different camera modes, they still there? At one point they demonstrated something like "GoW style cam, FPS cam, Subsistance style cam" to select from. Do we know if that's still there?
Not sure if they're selectable from a menu screen or not but i believe they're all integrated given the situation. You can stay in FPS mode when you want, you can be behind walls and stuff on the ground and can peek out to shoot but don't think its the GoW style you're talking about.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 10:44 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 10:44 PM #1282 of 1533
Well, at least it turns out we were right in assuming it was an over estimation. Kinda goes to show just how many "news" sites will take one blurb and run with it and proliferate the fuck out of it without double checking shit.

Kind of amusing considering Kotaku was complaining about that very same thing the other day with the rumour they started about Soul Blazer on the VC. Oh well, them being retarded and hypocritical isn't news either, so.
I'd bank on the fact that you're even giving the breath to question the credibility of that site.

Looks like I've been cast to be at our store at midnight for the release, so if anyone wants to help me dress up for the event, I'm open to suggestions.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 11:31 PM #1283 of 1533
Boots, Camo gear, headband, eye patch and don't shave for awhile. Boom you're Snake. [Well Naked Snake, but still it's a SNAKE DAMNIT.]

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 11:53 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 10:53 PM 2 #1284 of 1533
Anyway, Kojima's stretching a bit far with his definition of "gaming".
Shit you got a talent for understatement. Xenosaga's longest cutscene clocked in at 45 minutes and people were letting fly the "gonna go watch Xenosaga" jokes.

I mean, I'm prejudiced in that I never liked stealth games and thus never got into MGS, but either way, there have been feature films that weren't 90 minutes long. If ever there were an appropriate use of the word "excessive," this is, by far and away, it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 12:05 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 11:05 PM #1285 of 1533
Not sure if they're selectable from a menu screen or not but i believe they're all integrated given the situation. You can stay in FPS mode when you want, you can be behind walls and stuff on the ground and can peek out to shoot but don't think its the GoW style you're talking about.
Well, from my experience with the MGO Beta FPS mode can only be initiated when you're aiming. The camera kinda works like this, default view when not aiming is the Subsistance 3rd persion view. When aiming (holding L1), if you have auto-aim on you'll be using the 3rd person view (MGS3 Subsistance style, holding Square + L1), if auto aim is off you'll go into over-the-shoulder view (a la Gears of War, Ghost Recon) for precision aiming, while in OTS if you press Triangle you'll go into FPS. Auto-aim mode is toggled via the Square button. I believe there's an option where you can select FPS view on memory, therefore whenever you aim you won't have to hit the Triangle button to go into FPS mode from OTS.

While I'm on the topic of MGO (and since most people who visit the MGO thread visit the MGS4 one), Kojima says that MGO will always be free to play. The only expense you'll see from MGO is if you decide the downloable content.

Quote:
He then tackled some pricing issues for MGO. Playing the game will be free, he said, adding, "It will always be free." In the future, Konami will be offering downloadable expansion packs. These will cost money, although Kojima did not share specifics.
IGN: Hideo Kojima Talks MGS5

Looks like I've been cast to be at our store at midnight for the release, so if anyone wants to help me dress up for the event, I'm open to suggestions.
Haha, definitely grow a mustache or buy a fake.

I was speaking idiomatically.
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 24, 2008, 02:20 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 11:20 PM #1286 of 1533
I'd go with a cardboard box or a drum barrel, easy enough right? Think it'd be clever lol. Or a "!" some where over your head.

Well, from my experience with the MGO Beta FPS mode can only be initiated when you're aiming. The camera kinda works like this, default view when not aiming is the Subsistance 3rd persion view. When aiming (holding L1), if you have auto-aim on you'll be using the 3rd person view (MGS3 Subsistance style, holding Square + L1), if auto aim is off you'll go into over-the-shoulder view (a la Gears of War, Ghost Recon) for precision aiming, while in OTS if you press Triangle you'll go into FPS. Auto-aim mode is toggled via the Square button. I believe there's an option where you can select FPS view on memory, therefore whenever you aim you won't have to hit the Triangle button to go into FPS mode from OTS.
Yeah i played the MGO for a bit took me awhile to get the hang of the controls, defiantly want manual aiming. I was disappointed that you had to press and hold the buttons for FPS cause in an early video they mentioned if you're ever so inclined you can play the whole game like that.. but not the way MGO had it, so the button scheme should be a bit different. Not that i'd want to play in FPS mode the whole time but like they stated, best for precision aiming.

I've never played GoW so i didn't know what you meant, my assumption was the insane shooting while in cover. I'm glad they added the OTS system, although they're nothing alike in GTA4 when you'd go for cover sometimes you'd have awkward positioning and can never lock on to someone right or you end up shooting at what you're hiding behind, so adding this into MGS4 save a lot of trouble plus for those who i guess are use to one side than the other. I played around a bit with the ducking behind walls a bit on MGO, wasn't real complex. It did seem a bit slow to pop out and shoot, looked like a huge opening for players to get you, but at least it's workable.

The on the back style and grenade tossing reticule looked very nicely done, instead of sticking out like a sore thumb on your knees at a foxhole it looked really cool in the video just being able to lay on your back and toss it behind you. I played around a bit with that on MGO trying to roll while running quickly go into laying on ground and flip over, but the camera faces you to the way you were facing in the first place not where you'd normally end up which would be facing the opposite direction. So i can see this maybe as a great thing or a curse, good things is switch directions front to back is real quick.

Any game with you being able to control the camera via right stick or whatever is alright in my book, and i've haven't had any complaints about that in any MGS.

Last edited by cloud baka; May 24, 2008 at 02:24 AM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 06:43 PM #1287 of 1533
So I can get a signed version of MGS by Kojima at Virgin Megastore or I can get the limited edition from Gamestop. WHAT DO I DO?! Because of Gamestop's STUPID fucking exclusive shit on the limited edition, I cannot have both.

I'm thinking that lining up for a signed version might be a better idea though.

How ya doing, buddy?
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 24, 2008, 08:43 PM Local time: May 24, 2008, 05:43 PM #1288 of 1533
Go to the midnight release and then later that day have him sign your collectors edition instead? Or would they toss you out cause you need to buy from them for him to autograph? If they did that.. that's just wrong.

Most amazing jew boots
Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 08:59 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 09:59 AM #1289 of 1533
As a result of the hype from the upcoming release of MGS4, and also the recent release of GTA4, PS3s in my area has went up in price! ><

Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 07:06 AM #1290 of 1533
As a result of the hype from the upcoming release of MGS4, and also the recent release of GTA4, PS3s in my area has went up in price! ><
Who increased the prices of them?

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 09:02 AM #1291 of 1533
Go to the midnight release and then later that day have him sign your collectors edition instead? Or would they toss you out cause you need to buy from them for him to autograph? If they did that.. that's just wrong.
You have to buy the game from the Virgin Megastore in order to have it signed, according to the advertisement. Oh well.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 10:15 AM Local time: May 25, 2008, 10:15 AM #1292 of 1533
So I can get a signed version of MGS by Kojima at Virgin Megastore or I can get the limited edition from Gamestop. WHAT DO I DO?! Because of Gamestop's STUPID fucking exclusive shit on the limited edition, I cannot have both.

Why is it stupid? If you pre-order it, it's not like you have to pick it up at midnight; go in the next day and get it. Now, if it's a money issue you're running into, that's hardly a reason to say something's fucking stupid.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 10:50 AM #1293 of 1533
haha...what?
is that even possible to sell ps3's at a higher price at retail stores without the knowledge of the company/manufacturer.
Legally that is.

How ya doing, buddy?

New Record!
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 12:06 PM #1294 of 1533
While I'm on the topic of MGO (and since most people who visit the MGO thread visit the MGS4 one), Kojima says that MGO will always be free to play. The only expense you'll see from MGO is if you decide the downloable content.
That's good and all but they need to address whether the final version of MGO will be region locked or not.

Yeah i played the MGO for a bit took me awhile to get the hang of the controls, defiantly want manual aiming. I was disappointed that you had to press and hold the buttons for FPS cause in an early video they mentioned if you're ever so inclined you can play the whole game like that.. but not the way MGO had it, so the button scheme should be a bit different. Not that i'd want to play in FPS mode the whole time but like they stated, best for precision aiming.
You could do that though. In the Gameplay Options tab in settings was an option to turn on First Person Memory or something to that effect so that everytime you pressed L1 to ready your weapon it'd automatically jump to First Person without having to press Triangle too. Likewise if you got tired of playing it like that then you could press Triangle to switch from FPS to the standard aiming mode.

Shit son buy both, at least thats what I'd do but unfortunately they don't do too many of those gigs in Chicago.

Couple of news things, first is that the official site updated with 2 PSP wallpapers and a new OST sample titled "Atonement" by Nobuko Toda that was featured in the Japanese trailer on the DVD for I Am Legend a few weeks back:
zSHARE - untitled1.mp3

There's also a new Japanese clip that's part of short briefing with Naomi teaching Sunny how to cook eggs and use the GAKO timer:
Gametrailers.com - MGS4: Guns of the Patriots - Japanese Duck Clock Cinema

Lastly the Courage Is Solid trailer now available in a much better and clearer resolution. Konami's site seems to have it blocked for now but heres a mirror:
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Some details I seemed to of missed is John Cygan's voiceover and in that scene you can see Vamp dancing in between the marching Gekkos. Something you can also see clearly in the better resolution....
Spoiler:
When Snake grabs EVA and dives for cover the right side of his face is all scarred as if it's been burnt. You can also see this in other scenes of the trailer when he's standing in front of the holographic globe and when he dives out of the way of something in the snowy environment.

...WTF?

Kind of puzzling considering that the scene with EVA I guess takes part in the Eastern Europe section which is supposed to the second location you visit and with South America third...except in those sections and screenshots he has no scars...?

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 25, 2008, 03:59 PM Local time: May 25, 2008, 12:59 PM #1295 of 1533
You could do that though. In the Gameplay Options tab in settings was an option to turn on First Person Memory or something to that effect so that everytime you pressed L1 to ready your weapon it'd automatically jump to First Person without having to press Triangle too. Likewise if you got tired of playing it like that then you could press Triangle to switch from FPS to the standard aiming mode.
Ah i never knew about that. I still wouldn't want to play whole thing like that, are you even able to see the tension ring around you?

About 18 more days left and i'm real anxious, been trying to find stuff on web that'll ease it but not spoil it much for me. Went ahead and pre-ordered the limited edition guide, Gamestop had it coming out on the 3rd of June but i got it off Amazon that said the 12th.. no idea if it'll come any earlier but i won't be opening it up before the game anyways.

About raising the PS3 price, that's just wrong.. dunno what's going on where you live but sounds like you're better off ordering online somewhere. Before i got my PS3 i was asking around on the Sony Playstation forum whether to get one now or wait for the bundle (ended up just buying one now) and there was a person saying they worked at this place and had information from Sony that their would be PS3 price drops sometime this month.. which i'm thinking is not true now.

Gametrailers is having a retrospective of the whole series that they're doing pretty well, each part is about 21 minutes each and their recent one is Part 3 with MGS2/Substance. They talk about everything just about so if you never played the other games and want to find out what happens or if you have played and just wanna relive it all Gametrailers.com - Metal Gear Retrospective - highly recommend it.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 04:09 PM #1296 of 1533
About 18 more days left and i'm real anxious, been trying to find stuff on web that'll ease it but not spoil it much for me. Went ahead and pre-ordered the limited edition guide, Gamestop had it coming out on the 3rd of June but i got it off Amazon that said the 12th.. no idea if it'll come any earlier but i won't be opening it up before the game anyways
June 3rd is the ship date for the guide to GameStop stores just like the actual game will begin shipping to GS/EB stores on June 6th but both the game and guide are street dated for June 12th. Of course it doesn't mean there might not be leaks but it's going be around that time you might want to stay clear of certain MG-centric boards and sites. I know I will and I won't be posting any guide scans or spoilers either.

The big thing this week though to be excited about is the release of the OST on the 28th. Like Hantei I went with a cheaper shipping option so I'll probably get mine on or just after MGS4's release.

GameTrailers have their new Bonus Round up with special guests including David Hayter (voice of Snake), N'Gai Croal (Editor of Technology for Newsweek) and Rob Smith (Editor for Playstation: The Official Magazine):
Gametrailers.com - Bonus Round: Episode 22, Part 1

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2008, 12:06 PM 2 #1297 of 1533
DOUBLE POST. APOLOGIES

Update with some news starting with EU folks who can now get a look at their Limited Edition version of the game:

Contents include:
  • LE MGS4 with MGO Starter Pack
  • 7" Old Snake in Olive Drab Action Figure
  • Bonus Blu-Ray disc with "Making Of" documentaries
  • Official MGS4 Soundtrack

The box set itself looks pretty nice. The figure also looks to be the same Old Snake figure from Medicom's Ultra Detail Figure 7" line. Also regarding goods is that the OST is now shipping!!

There's also some new info that surfaced in the Kojima interview on the Japanese side of the official site. Basic summary:
  • The three places they went to for research were Peru, Morocco, and Prague. The countries in the game aren't named.
  • As seen in some videos, Sunny has a stutter.
  • The Foley recordings lasted 100 days. Some of the game's mixing was done at Skywalker Ranch by Chris Boyes.
  • For the motion capture, cutscenes that allow you to move the camera were done in one take, which lasted over 10 minutes in some cases. Also, some characters had separate actors for action and story sequences. The entire process lasted 4 months.
  • Facial animation was done by taking photographs of the actors then having animators do it by hand. They tried facial capture at one point but it wasn't always accurate.

The last piece of new info from the interview involves a returning character that I'll spoiler mark but it's not a major character and somebody who is apart of Snake's support team:
Spoiler:
Rose is back as a psychological counselor with a combat stress platoon. You can call her for psychological advice in the game where she'll give you tips on how to handle Snake's Stress and Psyche gauges and helping to spike the former by asking what day it is.

Credit to Marc for translating over at TUS.

6 reviews are out now for MGS4 with 2 of them cropping up just before the weekend from Europa. As they stand right now...
PlayStation Official Magazine (UK): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (US): 5/5
PlayStation Official Magazine (Italy): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Dutch): 9.6/10
LEVEL (Sweden): 10/10
Chief (Belgium): 9.7/10

Some excerpts from the LEVEL review with their pros and cons first and then some select quotes:
+Very bleak, somber game, not just by MGS standards.
+The character Snake has never felt so believable. The briefing scenes show how frail he really is.
+Controls are incredibly refined and allow for much more options during the combat sequences.
+Amazing graphics and sound.

-Some of the bosses are a bit too easy.
-The game can be a tad confusing a times. One section took more attempts than wanted.
-Some skirmishes suffer from what seems like enemies spawning in.
-Some plot twists feel a bit silly.
-Notes that these details are still minute stuff that only “stand out” in a game like this.

Talking about open and free gameplay..
Quote:
”When I’m about to enter a huge fortress, I can choose to sneak through the trenches, up the stairs and coordinate my crawling motions with the guards’ patrol routes. Or pick guards off from a distance with my sniper rifle. Or utilize the smoother control set to get Snake to climb up on scaffoldings, across walls and roll through hallways to quickly get ahead without getting spotted from a distance.

During the larger battles, I can accompany the guerrilla troops who are fighting the PMC armies and take out my bazooka in order to silence helis and armoured vehicles that otherwise rain down lethal machine gun fire. Or I can look around, sneak away from the battle and utilize the tiny robot Mk II to eliminate the lone soldiers who guard the route that leads past the battle. And even within these different manners of approach there are a great number of options. There are hiding places and possible routes everywhere.”
Quote:
”MGS4 constantly changes character. While previous parts in the MGS series have had good pacing and a large variation, Guns of the Patriots almost feels like several separate games. The different locations that Solid Snake visits are radically different from each other, both visually and in terms of how they force you to play. There are large, open areas with it’s a challenge just finding the right way. There are also completely linear sections. Enemies vary from human soldiers who make rational decisions to the occasional but very powerful mechs and tiny little robots who throw themselves over Snake.

Some parts are all about pure action in the vein of Lost Planet or Gears of War. Other times it’s a fatal error to equip yourself with anything other than silenced pistols. There are suspenseful chase sequences and mech battles. In one moment Snake is forced to use his eyes to look for signs in the nature in order to follow a person. In the next he’s forced to listen for sounds to be able to maneuver properly. Sequences where he travels alone in claustrophobic tunnels are followed by enormous battles where troops face off against each other, helis are thundering in above the ground and APCs head in between the trees.

The game constantly showers the player with new impressions, new challenges, and the end result is never anything else than fantastic.”
Closing comment:
Quote:
A lot of fantastic games have come out in the past years, but none that has seriously given me that feeling that I’ve discovered something completely new, the way Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life or Zelda: OoT did when I played them for the first time.

But Metal Gear Solid 4 takes me back to that stage where everything feels new. Hideo Kojima not only surpasses the ten-year old predecessor – he once again manages to conjure up emotional storms within me that I actually didn’t know existed.

It’s not about one single revolutionary aspect. It’s about that MGS4 is so beautiful, so perfect and that it dares to get so close. When the credits roll, it feels like it’s just now that I’ve understood what games are all about.”
The CHIEF review didn't really break it down in terms of graphics, sound, gameplay etc just a pie chart like so..
  • 62% Hideo's perfect closure
  • 20% picking up memories
  • 15% saying goodbye
  • 3% too much incomprehensible bullshit in between for the non-fans

Quick summary from that review..
Quote:
"MGS4 is much more then a game, more then just finishing levels. It's an experience, a closure of a legendary epos, one with about 50% of great cutscenes, very strong dialogue and not to forget: emotion. Maybe I'll create a better view of this when I say that after 3 days of playing I looked behind and I saw grown-up men really crying during the credits. Normally I would call them crazy, but this time I respected it, cause even this machoman was sad after finishing the storyline that had me in it's power for so long. Exactly for that reason Kojima deserves credit. The way the story is told, the way the plot takes a few last, very special turns; the way in which the trusted characters did their last trick; the way the motives finally fell into place and on top of this all: the tragic hero that finally takes care of his ultimate destiny."

"The way the gameplay is combined with the storytelling raises this game way above each other media experience. This is so much deeper then and experience through books or movies, so much deeper then other games. This is the true power of Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots."
I think I covered everything from the last 3 days...

BELATED EDIT: This cropped up on YouTube which is supposed to be the music track "Metal Gear Saga" by Harry Gregson-Williams and as such it contains the MGS theme:
YouTube - MGS4 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK  「Metal Gear Saga」

Make of it what you will if it's legit or not. The track title and length match the official tracklistings and the OST is now available. Obviously though it doesn't feature the segment of the theme that was accused of plagarism but its better than nothing!

Last edited by Simo; May 27, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2008, 02:23 PM #1298 of 1533
Damn this game is going to be amazing, can't believe it's almost here too. I hope this game gets the sales it deserves.

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old May 27, 2008, 03:19 PM Local time: May 27, 2008, 12:19 PM #1299 of 1533
Sounds like the last couple weeks will be worth the wait and no mention of the stupid 90 minute cutscene rumors. Dunno what the reviewer or person playing the game was thinking when the said that, makes me think they should look for another job if they can't review games right. All of this looks promising Simo, after a couple days of looking for things these new details are nice without spoiling anything.

The ratings sound great, very very promising.

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2008, 07:35 PM #1300 of 1533
Heh no problem. I didn't realise until afterwards how big the post was but I hope the double post was worth it. At least this way it should help encourage discussion given we've got like, what, 15-16 days left....!

Not sure if you guys caught it now given the other wealth of info in the post but that "Metal Gear Saga" theme on YouTube link....well it looks like it's legit considering that the Japanese iTunes store has the entire soundtrack up for grabs and you can sample each track including the above posted.
MGS4 OST via Japanese iTunes Store

Glad to see "Old Snake" is some of the TGS '06 trailer music. "Mobs Alive" is also the music that was featured in the E3 2K7 trailer and among my favorites. Glad its on the CD! Listening to all these samples has my very happy I purchased the OST along with hearing them in the game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Simo; May 27, 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Probably would help if I posted the iTunes link...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD