Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Name Your Favorite Song/Arrangement Pairing

Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:09 PM #1 of 9
Name Your Favorite Song/Arrangement Pairing

Simple fact: Most of my favorite arranged tracks aren't versions of my favorite original tracks. The reasons are easy. What are the odds that a remixer is going to take on my favorite track? And when they do, how can I know they're not going to mess with perfection? Or, the arrangements could be riding the coattails of its excellent source material.

There are exceptions. Name your favorite pairing: the original tracks and its arrangement, fan-made, doujin, same composer, official release, whatever. Both have to be stellar. Name one pairing or name some. Here are mine:

Chrono Cross - Star-Stealing Girl and Time & Space Vol. 2: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda <The OneUps> - 02. Star-Stealing Girl

Starfox - Corneria and The Wingless - Godspeed

Final Fantasy X-2 - Eternity ~Memory of Lightwaves~ and FFX-2 Piano Collections - Eternity

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:39 PM #2 of 9
Let's see...

Xenogears - Dajil, City of Burning Sand and Xenogears: Creid - Dajil
Xenogears - Gathering Stars in the Night Sky and Xenogears: Creid - Spring Lullaby
Xenogears - Ship of Sleep and Regret/Flight and Tribute <BB and takrockers!!> - Episode Alpha - Fei

(I clearly love Xenogears)

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 02:39 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 03:39 AM #3 of 9
YouTube Video

and

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Dec 7, 2008, 03:21 PM #4 of 9
BigBlah, what doujin artist did that remix? I'm a big fan of Touhou music myself and would like to know.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 04:28 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 10:28 PM #5 of 9
I have to (deeply) agree with Ziggy's first post. CREID is simply amazing.

Let's see what I can add:
Rogue Galaxy OST - Theme of Rogue Galaxy and Rogue Galaxy Premium Arrange - Theme of Rogue Galaxy (Original composition by Tomohito Nishiura, arrangement by Yasunori Mitsuda)
TMNT4: Turtles in Time - Sewer Surfin' and chumble spuzz - Turd Surfers (OCRemix.org)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:32 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 11:32 AM #6 of 9
BigBlah, what doujin artist did that remix? I'm a big fan of Touhou music myself and would like to know.
It's the group Demetori. That remix is from Sinen ni Nozomu ga Gotoshi.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Luteus
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17080

Level 2.00

Dec 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:42 AM #7 of 9
I can't really say what is my favourite track or not, since I am really changing the favourites each week.

But well, what really stayed was ''HIkari'' by Utada Hikaru and the Prince of Persia songs composed by Stuart Chatwood.

FELIPE NO
red1234blue
Wark!

Member 32655

Level 2.25

Jan 2009

Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:22 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 10:22 AM #8 of 9
Oh, undoubtedly Final Fantasy X-2 piano collections - eternity

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:10 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2009, 12:10 PM #9 of 9
Not sure about any favorites, but the first pairing which came to mind is the original Tetris theme and Jeremy Robson's Piano Concerto in A minor.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Name Your Favorite Song/Arrangement Pairing