Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] New Symphonic Game Music Concert in Cologne

Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:16 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2012, 12:16 PM #1 of 4
New Symphonic Game Music Concert in Cologne

Hello everyone!

With Symphonic Odysseys the Symphonic tetralogy came to an end last year but this doesn't mean that game music is no longer in Cologne, Germany.

Last friday a new Symphonic Game Music Concert was announced after the last one was in Leipzig in 2007 opening the Games Convention event.

It will hold on November 16th, 2012 (Fri) at Funkhaus Wallrafplatz in Cologne. The location where Symphonic Shades were performed back in 2008.

At the moment the program contains two titles:

* "Apotheosis" from the game Journey, composed by Austin Wintory
* "Anthology Suite" from various Turrican themes, composed by Chris Hülsbeck and arranged by Roger Wanamo

Of course more music will be added in the upcoming weeks.

Tickets are open for sale at July 16th, 2012 (Mon), ranging from 20 € to 10 €.

There's no official website at the moment but at Facebook you can see a nice overview of all necessary things (even it's in German the language shouldn't be a problem for you. Nevertheless if you have questions just ask in this thread).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
Dallista
Still around, lurking in the shadows...

Member 1491

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:20 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2012, 08:20 PM #2 of 4
And don't forget that Symphonic Fantasies will be performed again in Cologne, two nights in July! (I think one or two composers have already been announced as coming, too.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:49 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2012, 08:49 PM #3 of 4
Yoko Shimomura and Yasunori Mitsuda when I remember correctly.

It's not official but quite sure that Chris Hülsbeck will attend the concert in November. And I guess he will not the only one.

Most amazing jew boots

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:03 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2012, 06:03 PM #4 of 4
Huelsbeck didn't name any games specifically, but he mentioned in his SEMO interview about the Turrican anthology Kickstarter that this concert will feature also feature Eastern games:

Chris: Later in the year, this music will be performed live as part of a concert at the Funkhaus. Can you tell us any more about this event? Are you excited about the opportunity to hear your music live again?

Chris Huelsbeck: Yes, this new game music concert is being performed on November 16th 2012 in Cologne. In addition to Turrican, music from other Eastern and Western video games will also be performed. This event is separate from the Kickstarter campaign and will happen with or without successful funding. I'm very much looking forward to the concert!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] New Symphonic Game Music Concert in Cologne