Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Occupy

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:54 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 02:54 AM #1 of 73
A friend dragged me into participating in the whole thing tonight in my city. The grievances do seem to be centralized on Wallstreet, the government's bailouts of banks, and by extension the general corruption of Washington who are thought to be bought lock stock and barrel by the gigantic corporations (Example: A custom United States flag was shown that replaced all the stars with name brand logos), there were also during a call-and-response part where everyone was suggesting ideas a general anger at a great number of other topics, such as general Anti-War sentiments, a lone 9/11 conspiracy sign "Google Building 7", and of course the obscenely low taxes that corporations actually end up paying (A sign I saw: "I paid more Taxes than G.E. last year") and just... you know, a "I'm Sick of this shit" mentality that everyone seemed to be suffering as a collective whole.

Now one thing that I did like was that, at least today, everyone was very peaceful and respectful, even to the Police who showed up later (Although 20+ officers is a little excessive) that were mentioned in the marching "We are the 99%, Police are the 99%", with peace signs shown at the Police as a gesture of no-harm-intended. For the most part they seemed content to sit back. Of course I wasn't there too late in the evening so I don't know if things heated up.

While I'm still a bit skeptical and cynical that this movement will go anywhere, In seeing so many diverse Americans showing up for this-- some in wheelchairs, some well-off looking, some very hippie, some hipster looking, a few punk-anarchists, etc., I was inspired to show up again in the future and help out in some small way if I can.

Note: I have a job, but its low-paying, I live in a house but its due to living with my extended family. I don't have a credit card but I have student loans and a degree which hasn't gotten me anywhere I wanted to go. I'm about half and half on good and bad ends in my life, so perhaps that's a bit why I'm teetering on the edge of this. Go ahead and mock me if you like, I am not saying this movement is perfect by any stretch, but I empathize with many of the reasons this whole thing has started and well, I need to do something: I'm nowhere near rich enough to buy a lobbyist in congress, nor can I go into these corporations and fix their finances (nor would I want to: I'm no accountant), so this is the best I can do at this point in my life, as far as I know.

On a tangentially related note, I'll be closing my BoA account soon and moving to a credit union most likely, for a number of reasons including but not limited to these protests developing so uh, that's one small thing.

Anyway, I need to sleep, good night and peace to you all.

Most amazing jew boots

Tags
dream team of lawyers, fuck the poor, it's gon' rain money, itt: the red scare, sheek

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Occupy