Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] GFF Team Fortress 2 Crew!

pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 09:48 PM #1 of 255
GFF Team Fortress 2 Crew!

Whaddap (there's not a dedicated tf2 thread, huh?)

GFF Steam Community: Steam Community :: Group :: Gamingforce

I know there are a bunch of you who play TF2, but we don't all play together often enough. Even the last 'event' sort of sucked (with only like 7 of us showing up )

I know we had an event listed to essentially cheat to get the medic achievements, but its not there anymore. No event i guess! But that would have been pretty cheap anyway, i think.

Also, someone here should run a server. Starman's sucked last time (owned)

As a random point,
TF2 Stats Parser - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Heres a program to show you some stats that aren't visible in game normally (or on your steam tf2 stats web page). Interesting to see how far along i've got to go for that stupid 10 million medic heal achievement.

9.75 million to go, w00t.

Most amazing jew boots
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:08 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 11:08 PM #2 of 255
Well my main issue with the GFF organized games was that any server that was set up, my ping was bound to suck horribly, I still tried to do stuff, but it was mostly pathetic having a ping of over 250 and trying to do anything while we only have 6 people total in 2fort or so. I think we do have enough active people to make it worthwhile, I mean recently I had a game with Starman, Garr and RR and even if we were losing most of the time it was pretty fun. I've had the chance to play with kitty(soldier addict) and Pom too(damn that sniping fag) so I guess we could have some fun killing each other.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:15 PM #3 of 255
Maybe it will be easier now that its over the summer, but yeah even with Starman i had lag so i imagine you in south america would be pretty bad :\/.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:50 PM #4 of 255
Last time we played all i said was 'oneechan ohayo' on mic and no one responded so i just stayed quiet the whole game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:25 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 10:25 PM #5 of 255
I didn't respond because I was laughing too hard.

Also, garr, make yourself feel better about your K ratio by playing medic or some other support class a lot. I have a shitty K, but I have about a billion assists.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:29 AM #6 of 255
I've just started playing TF2 again recently, so I'm down for any games. Gotta get my Medic on again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:39 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 10:39 PM #7 of 255
I'll have to reinstall the game, but I could go for a round or two again.

But I'm probably really rusty.

FELIPE NO
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:40 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 01:40 AM #8 of 255
I've been playing quite a bit lately, so you bet I'm down for any GFF events that might be going on. I'm usually able to play in the evenings or late at night. Not too much during the day.

Maybe some of us should try hopping on the Steam Group (or make an IRC channel) chat room more often. It would be a lot easier to organize events in real time and to just plain hook up and play.

Anyway, keep us posted, pom!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Oh shit.

Last edited by Jinn; Apr 21, 2008 at 02:45 AM.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:56 AM #9 of 255
Sick, I got 9.1 million to go. Just a few more years and I'll get that fucking saw.

But yeah, I'm definitely in... maybe we could Grief some random server, that would be fun.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:36 AM #10 of 255
As for events, you'd have to ask the group admins to be sure, but i think they removed the event we were supposed to have to just goof around together in order to get those medic achievements?

Did you all actually want to do that? I don't care about getting them like that or playing 'for real' either way, but if that event was up i'd probably still go :\/

pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:00 PM #11 of 255
Yeah man i don't know, 10 million is quite a bit. I have a feeling that a huge majority of people will try to find cheaper ways to getting the 36, especially since valve stated a few weeks ago that only ONE person had reached that mark ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 03:34 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 01:34 PM #12 of 255
Well, if something gets set up, I'm down. I've been playing medic almost nonstop (mostly because I like to win, most teams need medics, but no one plays em) so my killing skills are pretty useless unfortunately. I guess I was born to support (my secondary class would probably be engineer).

Need to read up more on the new medic achievements myself. I haven't touched TF2 anything since my trip started last month, but it's back to the same old same old now.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:43 PM #13 of 255
That was pretty fun tonight whaddap puff, juan, jinn. PS new max kills as soldier is 16

How ya doing, buddy?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 03:16 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 01:16 AM #14 of 255
I set my personal record of 1700 damage as a soldier tonight. Didn't get one kill.

Anyway, I'm gonna start idling in #tf2 on IRC, so feel free to join me.

xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:29 PM #15 of 255
Stats Parser is down. Anyone got a mirror for it?

Anyway, I'm down once finals clear up.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:26 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2008, 11:26 AM #16 of 255
So happy, finally got my sentry gunner achievement the other day. I was sitting there guarding the capture point for 10 minutes and didn't see one person. Then, with 45 seconds left in the round, 10 people charge the point and I somehow managed to kill 9 of them.

For some reason engineer is a lot more boring in TF2 than I felt it was in TFC. Even when I'm trying to build an offensive gun.

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:14 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 10:14 AM #17 of 255
Part of me feels it has something to do with an uber demo/soldier coming in and destroying all your hard work relatively easily. Something unfulfilling in watching it die because of that. Or the sappers from the spy either =/

Some of the best moments as a engineer I've had though are fending off spies from my SGs and managing to keep it alive. Although, that's more a problem of the team not being around to help >_>

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:50 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 09:50 AM #18 of 255
I'm down for any community TF2 Events. Is anyone posting announcements or events in the Steam group?

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:23 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 04:23 PM #19 of 255
I don't know why you wouldn't just switch servers. I'd rather play a DBZ mod than on a 4chan server.

Also, anyone up for a game tonight? I don't have any plans to do stuff tonight, and I haven't played for a few days.

How ya doing, buddy?
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:11 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2008, 08:11 PM #20 of 255
Also, what's the deal with the sniper? Do critical hit snipes automatically count as headshots? I was in a server last night and I scored critical hits that were on like their torso/legs and it still registered as headshots. Not that I'm complaining, I'm still ten away from the headshot achievement, but I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work or not.
usually it shouldn't, headshots from what I know have a higher crit chance, but aren't completely related to them and for strange hitboxes of headshots, heavies are kings you can almost shoot their bellies and get a headshot, it's pretty insane.

On another note I will try to join RR if my internet isn't sucking.

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:58 PM #21 of 255
If you guys didn't know there have been some notable changes in the achivements, hence the delay of the new patch. Most have them been toned down considerably (eg: Instead of TEN million, it is now ONE million. <3)

Flickr Photo Download: TF2 Medic Upgrades

I was speaking idiomatically.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:27 AM #22 of 255
I didn't see those, sweet.

1 million is nothing though haha. Assist in killing 20 nemesis seems kind of time consuming as well.

pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 08:29 PM #23 of 255
Update out, woot!

Too bad i'll have to wait until after tonight for my last exam to be over, arg!

The achievements on your SteamID pages have been updated as well.

Steam Community :: Team Fortress 2 Stats :: pompadork

All the stat info for medics has been reset, so you're starting anew. Be prepared for some absurd achievements!

Source Engine

* Improved particle performance on multi-core machines
* Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved there from TF2’s multiplayer options)
* Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes defined in Vista

Team Fortress 2

* Added Goldrush
* Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu
* Added 39 Medic achievements
* Added unique Medic items:
o The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw
* Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
* Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman
* Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode
o Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps
* Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
* Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points
* Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
* Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target
* Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts
* Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers
* Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health
* Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons
* Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front
* Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire
* Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
* Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing
* Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements
* For mapmakers:
o Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken
o Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable
o Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules
o Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint
* Granary
o Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle
o Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs
o Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns
* 2Fort
o Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways
o Added small ammo and health to top of spiral
o Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck
o Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by pompadork; Apr 29, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:33 PM #24 of 255
So, I've never actually PLAYED TF2, but hearing from friends, seeing the videos, and all that fun stuff has made me rather interested in picking it up. And apparently this weekend [May 2-4] is a Free-TF2 weekend, so... Yeah, I'm gonna give it a go.

Any tips for a complete TF2 noob?

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:03 AM #25 of 255
Yeah, while cheating is out of the question, we can still HELP EACHOTHER OUT VIA A GFF EVENT. Lets.

Sousuke add us to your steam friends when you get it! It might seem like a lot to learn at first since the 9 classes are really different, but just try them all out and see what you like and it's pretty easy to pick up i think.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] GFF Team Fortress 2 Crew!