Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ghostbusters OST

sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:18 PM #1 of 7
Ghostbusters OST

Since I know many of you are fans of film music...

http://www.varesesarabande.com/detai...%2D0306%2D1046

All there's been up until now is a crappy bootleg, so, discuss.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by sabbey; Mar 7, 2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spelling...
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:21 AM #2 of 7
Sweet, ive been hoping for this!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:26 AM #3 of 7
I pre-ordered it the very morning it premiered, since there's no telling how long those Club titles will last.

Bernstein's comedy scores in the 80's have long been the red headed stepchildren of his discography, represented by just a few paltry tracks here and there. It's about time they got some respect, even if the composer himself isn't around to see it.

I'd have liked to see the title song on the album as well, but I can see why that would be impossible. Too bad, though; that and the Bernstein score tracks were the only worthwhile parts of the original album.

So, Varese, how's about Ghostbusters 2 as your next Club release? Pretty please?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:30 AM #4 of 7
Originally Posted by orion_mk3
I pre-ordered it the very morning it premiered, since there's no telling how long those Club titles will last.
Last I looked, they're still selling The Fury on Varese and that had the same number of copies as Ghostbusters (and it's a much better score, to boot)

Bernstein's comedy scores in the 80's have long been the red headed stepchildren of his discography, represented by just a few paltry tracks here and there.
Eh, I don't know about all of that. He returned to work on Ghostbusters 2 only to leave later, tired of working on comedy scores and movies that overemphasized songs over score. So instead of doing another paint-by-numbers sequel job - he went over to the UK and did a little score called Slipstream that was far and beyond one of the best adventure scores of the 1980s - and that hasn't had an offical release either.

I'd like to think the boldness of that score is a retaliation against all the mickey mousing he had to do in the 80s with comedy films.

I'd have liked to see the title song on the album as well, but I can see why that would be impossible. Too bad, though; that and the Bernstein score tracks were the only worthwhile parts of the original album.
Sony/BMG are about to release a remastered version of the old album with two extra tracks.

So, Varese, how's about Ghostbusters 2 as your next Club release? Pretty please?
Oof, that score is awful. I can understand why someone would want it - but it is largely incredibly awful.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:30 PM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by LeHah
Last I looked, they're still selling The Fury on Varese and that had the same number of copies as Ghostbusters (and it's a much better score, to boot)
True, but you never can tell when a title is going to vanish. I want this one for my collection, and if they sell out, the price goes up. I had to shell out major bucks because I missed "Commando," even though the music is shit (because I'm a Horner completist).

Eh, I don't know about all of that. He returned to work on Ghostbusters 2 only to leave later, tired of working on comedy scores and movies that overemphasized songs over score. So instead of doing another paint-by-numbers sequel job - he went over to the UK and did a little score called Slipstream that was far and beyond one of the best adventure scores of the 1980s - and that hasn't had an offical release either.
No argument there. I'd love to see an offical Slipstream release. And you can't blame Bernstein for getting sick of typecasting; the same thing happened to him decades earlier with cowboy scores.

Sony/BMG are about to release a remastered version of the old album with two extra tracks.
True, but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds (title song + complete score) on a single disc.

Oof, that score is awful. I can understand why someone would want it - but it is largely incredibly awful.
I suppose it's curiosity; I've only heard it in the film, and Edelman can sometimes pull something decent off. Is there a boot floating around?

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:38 PM #6 of 7
I suppose it's curiosity; I've only heard it in the film, and Edelman can sometimes pull something decent off. Is there a boot floating around?
"Theres a boot for everything but Hugo Friedhofer's Joan Of Arc"

(And, from personal experience, Walter Schumann's The Night Of The Hunter)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:45 AM #7 of 7

Well, I actually like the original soundtrack to Ghostbusters. So, if we want the theme song it's right there. As for Ghostbusters 2, yeah, bring on that one as well!

Are you talking about the original release? The Club version sold out within the first week of it's release.

It's already out. It came out on a week ago. Hmm, will try to order a copy...

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Ghostbusters OST