Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Prison Break Discussion Thread v2
Closed Thread

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:15 PM #1 of 156
The Prison Break Discussion Thread v2

So we have about two weeks before this great show returns. I really can't wait for this, not only because it's a great show, but also because it's gonna be paired up with 24, the best fucking show ever. Prison Break + 24 = Best night of television ever. March 20th couldn't come any faster.

Also of note is the Prison Break marathon on FX the Sunday (March 19) before the new episodes start. Great for a refresher if you need one, or a great oppurtunity to start watching if you've never seen it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:12 AM #2 of 156
Doh... Prison Break is coming on before 24? I don't think I can skip my Monday night class every week for Prison Break. I'm already going to next week because of the double Bauer hour. Looks like post-broadcast downloads for me...

Anyway, I'm looking forward as to how any of what happened previously actually plays out. It was such a long wait compared to the other shows I've been addicted to recently. It better be worth the wait.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:28 AM #3 of 156
OHH shi yes. Wtf happened to that damn House that made Prison Break go off for so long. I didn't know PB was going to go in at 8 o clock. Best LINEUP ever there.

I need to refresh up on what happened the last ep. I have some memories of it, but can't remember all the details. Unlike Scofield who has a godly memory because of his condition.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:51 AM #4 of 156
This is great. I didn't know that it was restarting so soon. I thought that I had to wait until May. Awesome, now I'll be watching two series - my friends got my hooked on Grey's Anatomy two weeks ago.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:59 AM #5 of 156
Will we be able to handle all the suspense and drama that we'll get from watching Prisonbreak and 24 back-to-back? I can see it now. "Man died in his home due to TV-caused stress."

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:33 AM #6 of 156
The only thing that made Prison Break for me was the tension. I never really cared much for the characters; I was always just interested in seeing how/if they would escape. For some reason I feel the answer to that last cliffhanger's going to be, "Oh wait I forgot we can just go through this vent over here" or something equally simplistic.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:34 AM #7 of 156
Prison Break was one of the few great new shows last year. The characters and plot are really good. I've been waiting with huge anticipation for new episodes, and now the wait is almost over. I will try to watch the marathon on FX just to get a little refresher course on things I may have missed throughout the season.

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:37 PM #8 of 156
I did care for the characters and I thought the cast was awesome. Especially Bellick (Wade Williams) and "T-Bag" (Robert Knepper).

Can't wait for this show to get back on air.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:49 AM #9 of 156
T-Bag? Is that the flamboyant redneck omnisexual? I can't even appreciate him as a villain. I just hope he dies before it's over. Nothing redeeming about him at all.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:58 PM #10 of 156
http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak/bios/bio_bagwell.htm

Robert Knepper is an awesome actor.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:58 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:58 PM #11 of 156
Originally Posted by Legato
I never really cared much for the characters
Well, I heard that
Spoiler:
There are going to be some flashback sequences in some of the episodes (similar to Lost), showing how they went to prison in the first place.

I guess you won't care too much for those, huh?

How ya doing, buddy?
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:19 PM #12 of 156
Spoiler:
The up-coming previews made it seem like it was going to be kind of action-y when they finally break out. I don't know if that was just my wierd interpertaion or what but that'll be kind of lame if it's true. Flashbacks I wouldn't really mind, because isn't the second half supposed to be about them getting revenge since he was framed? A little backstory wouldn't hurt.

Also T-bag needs to die.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:19 PM #13 of 156
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
I guess you won't care too much for those, huh?
I would if they were relevant to the overall conspiracy, that would be an interesting twist. If not, however, flashbacks seem like a damned-if-you-or-don't situation.

For one, very obvious imitation of LOST. Surely, LOST didn't create the concept of flashbacks or the concept of flashbacks immediately relevant to character decisions. However, LOST being one of the most popular shows on television, trying to imitate it mid-season seems very desparate and overall unoriginal.

Besides that, what can the flashbacks tell us? So-and-so killed someone or robbed a bank or sold drugs? Either the writers are going to try to make us pity the characters by making the characters seem like like victims of their crimes, victims of their environments, forced into their crimes, wrongly accused, etc. Or the writers can make the characters twice as unlikeable by having them have actually done unlawful things. Or the writers can make these unlawful things overall trivial and undramatic, like robbing a convenient store, which would be a waste of the audience's time.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Eleo; Mar 4, 2006 at 03:22 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:33 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 02:33 PM #14 of 156
Originally Posted by Legato
Besides that, what can the flashbacks tell us? So-and-so killed someone or robbed a bank or sold drugs?
Yep, that's basically all I can see them pretty much telling us. It is kinda stupid, considering they could probably explain this with a few lines of dialogue instead of making expansive flashback sequences (since, unlike Lost, their background probably ain't that much of a mystery). It sucks too, because when I saw one of the commercials they showed
Spoiler:
Sucre robbing a store
and I thought that was gonna be related to something after the breakout, but now I know it's just part of a flashback sequence.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:50 PM #15 of 156
So did anyone watch the marathon today? I watched pieces of it just to get a refresher, especially on episode 13. The thing I wanna know is, when was that 'Behind the Walls' special that came on before the marathon made? It seems like it was made between the time the show took its first break (which was after episode 7, I believe), but I never saw it on TV or anything around that time.

FELIPE NO
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:50 AM #16 of 156
Wow. I never knew there was previous discussion about this show (assuming from topic title labing it as v2). At first I didn't pay attention to the show until my friend recommended and now I can't wait until Monday night for the show to resume. I'm glad to have a digital OTA tuner so now I can watch the show in HD.

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:51 AM #17 of 156
Should be good. Prison Break sucked for the first couple episodes, then it got interesting.

Granted, this won't be nearly as good as the Buffy/Angel night, but it should be good. ;]

DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 03:42 PM #18 of 156
Originally Posted by BigCN401
Wow. I never knew there was previous discussion about this show (assuming from topic title labing it as v2).
Yeah, there was a thread before the crash, so I just named this one v2. It also kinda works since this is the 2nd part of the first season.

Originally Posted by Zeo
Granted, this won't be nearly as good as the Buffy/Angel night, but it should be good. ;]
That may be best foe you, but Prison Break and 24 on the same night is a godsend for me. The only thing that was better was when 24 and The Shield came on the same night, but they unfortunately they weren't on the same channel (not that much of a difference though).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:30 PM #19 of 156
And just think, for those of us who like it, CSI: Miami comes on right after this powerful two-hour block (find a seat with a good edge indeed). Admittingly there isn't as much action or suspense, but it's still a good show.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 09:48 PM #20 of 156
I thought tonight's episode was a good one to come back with. It had lots of suspenseful moments, and it ended with a good cliffhanger. However, in the preview for next week's episode:

Spoiler:
They made it seem like Lincoln was executed, and that they were gonna escape anyway. While Lincoln being executed would be a surprise, if it did happen it wouldn't make sense for Michael to try to break out still. Since Lincoln is his sole purpose for going in/breaking out, if Lincoln was executed, it seems he would just stay in prison for the rest of the time.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:12 PM #21 of 156
I liked the episode as well. There were just so many points where you would think success would happen, but it was all "fail." I was really into it, and when the end came, I was left begging for more. Fuck this week shit.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:17 PM #22 of 156
I truly believe that Lincoln is going to be executed. At this point, there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it. There were four strikes. That's more than enough.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:44 AM #23 of 156
I saw the latest episode recently. This is just getting ridiculous. Please kill Lincoln already or something. The show is just being dragged on and on and on. It's still better than a lot of the other trash that they're showing on TV though.

FELIPE NO

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:18 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 01:18 PM #24 of 156
How is it being dragged? It is not like they extended the execution. At least it hasn't been yet.

What do you want them to do lol

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:52 PM #25 of 156
If Lincoln gets executed but Michael somehow finds out about this much larger conspiracy, Michael will have reason to break out in order to bust the Vice President. Obviously, the show can't really end until this is done. Michael also might be the only person with the intelligence to do this; it seems like everyone else is getting pwned in the process.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Prison Break Discussion Thread v2