Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Chipotle Thread

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:07 PM #1 of 49
The Chipotle Thread

I know that there are quite a few people who are pretty much in the cult of Chipotle. I eat there at least 3 times every week, usually once or twice more than that. It's like my religion.

Who else here loves Chipotle? For those of you who are uninitiated, Chipotle is a semi-fast food restaurant that sells burritos and tacos, among other items. Their burritos are stuffed with rice, beans or fajita mix, yummy meat, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Or whatever you want in it. They have great guac. Everything else always fresh. The tortillas are delicious. It is even set up now where you can order your food online and pick it up without waiting in line.

http://www.chipotle.com

Chipotle was pretty much purchased by McDonald's a few years ago, but is still run by all the original people and actually has it's own stock offering on the NYSE (I just learrned this, I'm so buying some Chipotle stock).

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....&p=irol-irhome

My children will be wearing this:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:37 PM #2 of 49
Good to know I'm not the only Chipotle-addict, yay.
I love their soft tacos.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:37 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:37 PM #3 of 49
Good God, I'd die if I are there three times a week. I almost died eating there on back-to-back nights. Nevertheless, death by Chipotle isn't such a bad way to die. I do love Chipotle. Sooo gooood. I always get a chicken burrito: extra rice, pinto beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato, corn, sour cream. Always worth the money. Always filling. Always death.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:53 AM #4 of 49
I haven't eaten at Chipotle as much as I'd like. Which sucks, since I'm acutely aware of what I'm missing. Unfortunately, they aren't located very close to me.

That is the worst thing I can say about Chipotle, though; everything else is excellent.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:17 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 03:17 AM #5 of 49
Alas, I do not even think they have a shop in all of Michigan. ;_;
I have heard so much awesomeness about them.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:57 AM #6 of 49
I believe Chipotle is owned by McDonalds which is surprising because Chipotle stuff is generally of good quality.

There's a local Mexican restaurant called "Que Tal"; it preceded the Chipotle chain as far as I can tell, but their manner of burrito making is identical. The burritos are the width of elephant penises and stuffed with various layers of meats and wrapped in aluminum foil so that when you get to the bottom there's no graceful way to eat them. And they rock. Are these burritos like the true way of burrito construction? I'd only known Taco Hell's pseudo mexican prior to Que Tal and Chipotle.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:01 AM #7 of 49
I only ate there once, unfortunately. But when I did eat there, it was amazing. They're food was so good. I don't have a Chipotle anywhere near me for miles. The best I could get is either a Baja Fresh or a Taco Bell. T_T

FELIPE NO
Von
Tchaimscriabalustmaninoff

Member 1508

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:09 AM #8 of 49
The only vice I have there is that the burritos are five dollars.

The ARE really good though. They are kind of short, but really fat, and stuffed with rice and stuff. Their menu is so intuitive, I wonder why other restaurants don't do it like that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:44 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:44 AM #9 of 49
Originally Posted by Legato
Are these burritos like the true way of burrito construction? I'd only known Taco Hell's pseudo mexican prior to Que Tal and Chipotle.
No. I live in Tucson, AZ, and we have a ton of authentic Mexican restaurants and they are really nothing like this. You'd never see a burrito with black beans, fajita ingredients, rice infused with lime and cilantro, or some of the other things they have at Chipotle in them. A typical Mexican burrito will only have one or two ingredients in them but they will be about as large as what you see at Chipotle and other similar restaurants.

Taco Bell is absolutely nothing like actual Mexican food. Once you spend a while eating actual Mexican food, there is no way you can even step inside a Taco Bell without gagging. Chipotle, on the other hand, is more like taking Mexican food and putting a northern chicano spin on it.

Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
Alas, I do not even think they have a shop in all of Michigan. ;_;
I have heard so much awesomeness about them.
There's one in West Bloomfield, one in Rochester Hills, and one is coming to East Lansing.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:44 PM #10 of 49
Oh I already knew Taco Bell != Mexican food.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:47 PM #11 of 49
Mmmmm, chipotle. I love chipotle. I wanted some last time I was down there but I didn't get any, which means I shall have to compensate when I come down this weekend.

Does it bug the shit out of you when people pronounce it chi-pole-teh? Cause it does me.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:54 AM #12 of 49
I just recently began liking Chipotle, and I probably have something from there a few times a month. There are three Chipotles around me, so it's always a good place to go when I have nothing else to eat at home. I usually order the chicken tacos, but everything else is good as well.

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:21 PM #13 of 49
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
There's one in West Bloomfield, one in Rochester Hills, and one is coming to East Lansing.
*GASP*
Sounds like it is time for me and my college friends to arrange a small road trip.

But alas, it looks like it will take some time for them to reach their tentacles into West Michigan.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:24 PM #14 of 49
Originally Posted by nadienne
Does it bug the shit out of you when people pronounce it chi-pole-teh? Cause it does me.
But that's how it is pronounced. I used to say chi-pot-tle until I got corrected one too many times and have made a concerted effort to say it right. :P

How ya doing, buddy?
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:28 PM #15 of 49
How IS it supposed to be pronounced. Chi-poh-tleh?

FELIPE NO
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 02:10 PM #16 of 49
Originally Posted by Fyodor D.
How IS it supposed to be pronounced. Chi-poh-tleh?
That's correct.

Anyway, guys, what are your favorite items to get at Chipotle?

Personally, I like to get a burrito with rice, black beans, barbacoa, roasted chili corn, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce. I've gotten a few variations before (pinto, chicken, different salsa, guacamole, etc.), but I like that combination the best at this point in time.

I've actually never gotten anything other than a burrito, since I like burritos so much. However, today I think I'll try something different.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:38 PM #17 of 49
Er, yeah, I was meaning chi-poh-tleh. That's how I say it.

I switch between two main burritos:

1) fajita burrito with rice (two scoops), chicken, corn, sour cream, cheese
2) burrito with rice (two scoops), pinto, chicken, corn, sour cream, cheese

Sometimes, I'll mix up the fajita one (I don't like changing it if I go with pinto). If I get barbacoa, I won't get the extra rice, and I'll get green salsa along with the corn. Sometimes I'll go with steak. Sometimes, I'll add in hot sauce with the corn if I get chicken or steak, but I never put hot in if I'm getting chips and salsa since I always get the hot for the chips. And the chips are delicious, by the way.

Soft tacos if I'm not too hungry, and that goes with rice, steak, corn, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.

About the only thing I've never tried is a quesadilla.

Robiz
I bring nothing to the table

Member 47

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:52 PM #18 of 49
Whenever I eat at Chipotle I always get a burrito with rice, black beans, steak, a mixture of the mild and really hot sauce, and some guacamole (even though they charge and extra few bucks for it). I honestly think they have the best guac around, every time I go, I grab a bag of chips and a side of the stuff to eat later. If I'm not mistaken I think they soak the tortilla chips in lime juice as well, which I just love.

Most amazing jew boots
Can I borrow a feeling?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:30 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:30 AM #19 of 49
I really love Chipotle, but it's so damn expensive!
Well, for somebody on a college kid budget, anyways. But I do give in every once and awhlie, because they're so goooood. Before going to college I had only eaten there once, on a vacation. All I have back home is Baja Fresh .

SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 07:15 AM #20 of 49
STILL no Chipotle in my area, Mikey. What are you going to do to fix this problem?

For the time I got Bucky's Burritos (http://www.buckysburritos.com/). It's actually quite good and all the chicks there are very cute and very emo. Rawr.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:29 PM #21 of 49
We should all sell our GFF stock and buy stock in Chipotle and put Chipotles on every block in America.

But, really, it's worth travelling 200 miles once in a while for one.

Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:27 PM #22 of 49
I've never had Chipotle, let alone seen one with my own eyes. Not only that, I just recently learned about it.

I heard on CNN a few weeks ago that this company is definitely worth investing money into, due to its competent management and suberb quality.

It seems buying stock in this company will definitely payoff, atleast just from hearing what you folk have to say about it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:50 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:50 AM #23 of 49
I can't wait until I start working, which means I'll most likely have to eat lunch in town. Which means I'll be forced to eat at the nearby Chipotle =) I don't care that it costs a good $6 for a burrito, because I know I'll be happy with what I get.

I usually go between getting a:
- fajita burrito with chicken, black beans, cheese, medium salsa and lettuce
- salad with chicken, rice, cheese, medium salsa and onions

I've had just about everything there, and I have no complaints; I think the only thing I have yet to try is the beef. Is it any good?

FELIPE NO

And thanks for stopping by.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:01 PM #24 of 49
Which beef?

The steak is cubed, it's got a fairly mild flavor for steak. But it's never tough. It's not like the chicken, which always seems to have more of a grilled taste, it just has a good marinade.

The barbacoa is the shredded beef which is the spiciest of the meats. I tend not to get it too much because I feel that it overpowers all the other ingredients, but it does taste good.

and Brandy does her best to understand
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:41 PM #25 of 49
I read on one of the drink cups (the ones you get from the store itself) that it's pronouced "Chi-potl-lay."

I think. I'm not very good at sounding out words. >_>;;

Anyways, I LOVE Chiptole. Great stuff. I usually get the chicken burrito with pinto beans and a mess of other goodies.

Did you guys know that, if you're a student (college, middle, high school, etc.), you get a free drink if you show them your ID?

At least, that's how it is in Colorado. Saves ya a couple of bucks, and I think refills are free as well!

I also want to dress up as a Chipotle burrito (or maybe something more fashionable...) on Halloween day for their free burrito-if-you-come-in-dressed-like-one offer. Last year, there were a lot of guys wrapped in aluminium foil XD;;

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > The Chipotle Thread