Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Discontinued food products

LizardSC
Slave to the Rhythm

Member 5069

Level 7.59

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:58 AM #51 of 79
Originally Posted by DarkMageOzzie
Dark Chocolate M&Ms, I know these were really just a limited time only thing but they're freaking stupid for not keeping them around.

Damn, you're not kidding. They are the only reason I'd ever eat M&Ms. The Star Wars Darkside theme was cool as hell too.

It's not discontinued yet, but Mello Yello is in iminent danger of kicking the bucket. The parent company Coco-Cola is experimenting with this crap called "Vault" which is basically this energy drink-soda hybrid. Not only does it taste like crap, but it doesn't give me that stay-up-all-night kick that Mello Yello gives me (for those all-nighters in the library writing papers). Vault it being tested in limited markets; if it does well Mello Yello is bye bye. :aargh:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:05 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 11:05 AM #52 of 79
Originally Posted by LizardSC
It's not discontinued yet, but Mello Yello is in iminent danger of kicking the bucket.
It's not? Man, I haven't seen that stuff in years, so I had just assumed it was discontinued ages ago. I mean, there's a Coca-Cola bottling plant in my town, so I just assumed (which I'm usually right about most of the time) that if no stores in town are selling it anymore, they stopped making it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LizardSC
Slave to the Rhythm

Member 5069

Level 7.59

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:10 PM #53 of 79
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
It's not? Man, I haven't seen that stuff in years, so I had just assumed it was discontinued ages ago. I mean, there's a Coca-Cola bottling plant in my town, so I just assumed (which I'm usually right about most of the time) that if no stores in town are selling it anymore, they stopped making it.

I bet that's because Coke is more comfortable introducing new products in its home markets first. In my town, Vault has almost completely replaced Mello Yello in vending machines, but Mello Yello is still available in some fountain drinks. They've been hyping it to death too... like giving away 1-foot tall aluminum bottles of the stuff at the campus dining hall.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 11:16 AM #54 of 79
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I've still yet to try Vault though, despite the blitzkrieg of advertising I've seen for it. It's inevitable that I will one day, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mana Dragon
I'm Back, Where's My Steak?

Member 96

Level 11.62

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 12:33 AM Local time: May 2, 2006, 12:33 AM #55 of 79
Here's a shot in the dark, but I honestly miss Pepsi Blue. I must have been one of only 5 people in the world that liked it, almost everyone I talked to didn't like it, but I thought it was damn good, maybe it was the whole blue raspberry flavor or what, but I want it back.

FELIPE NO
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: May 1, 2006, 09:36 PM #56 of 79
Originally Posted by Mana Dragon
Here's a shot in the dark, but I honestly miss Pepsi Blue. I must have been one of only 5 people in the world that liked it, almost everyone I talked to didn't like it, but I thought it was damn good, maybe it was the whole blue raspberry flavor or what, but I want it back.
I loved Pepsi Blue! I used to buy it all the time until it suddenly dissapeared from the shelves. I also miss buying Orange Sherbert ice cream in the regular sized pail instead of the small cartons

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:50 PM #57 of 79
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
The only cereal I've ever eaten with any regularity was Rice Crispies Squares cereal. It was basicallt just rice crispies stuck into clumps with dried up marshmellow, but damn was that good.

I don't think that they discontinued the rice krispy treats cereal...i just bought a box a month ago and see it in the grocery store all the time...it used to be my favorite cereal, but i moved to cap n' crunch with berries yumm...

Maybe it's just in the mid-west cause i'm from the east coast and i hadn't seen it in years til i came out here to missouri

Double Post:
Originally Posted by scotty
I loved Pepsi Blue! I used to buy it all the time until it suddenly dissapeared from the shelves. I also miss buying Orange Sherbert ice cream in the regular sized pail instead of the small cartons
I LOVED orange sherbert icecream in the pail!!! Me and my grandpa used to get it all the time along with the red/white/blue colored icecream in the pail too!! MEMORIES!! I haven't seen it or had any in years...!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Flyzelle; May 9, 2006 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 01:55 PM #58 of 79
Oh, just an update on the Caramello thing that I mentioned earlier:
I was browsing through Meijer and walked into the candy section, and it seems Cadbury decided to buy the rights to the name Caramello, and now they are putting that stuff out alongside their usual chocolate bars. I have to say, it is definitely an improvement over what was previously being put out.

Cadbury chocolate + Cadbury caramel = win

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:57 PM #59 of 79
Originally Posted by NERD-1
I've got lots of friends that enjoy bubble tea which has tons of nasty little solid things floating in it.

You'd be surprised how much candy differs from country to country. I know Bisha and I were talking about different kinds we liked a while back and I hadn't even heard of a bunch she mentioned.

I LOVE BUBBLE TEA!! the little floaty thingds ur talking about are called BOBA...it's like a tapioca ball kinda...no real flavor, just makes the drink fun i think...my favorite flavor is mango snow...i'm gonna miss that when i move back home..there's no bubble tea in MD

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 07:29 PM #60 of 79
Originally Posted by Flyzelle
I don't think that they discontinued the rice krispy treats cereal...i just bought a box a month ago and see it in the grocery store all the time...it used to be my favorite cereal, but i moved to cap n' crunch with berries yumm...

Maybe it's just in the mid-west cause i'm from the east coast and i hadn't seen it in years til i came out here to missouri
I haven't seen it either, though, and I live near the midwest. Are you sure you're not confusing it with that new Rice Krispies cereal? I think it's Berry Rice Krispies or something like that, and it comes in the same color box as the Rice Krispies Treats cereal came in. That, the original kind, and the cocoa kind are the only Rice Krispies cereals I have seen on the shelves in the last few months.

Flyzelle

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:21 PM #61 of 79
No i'm 120% sure that it's the original rice krispy treats..that's what the box said, but it's a purple box now, not teal blue like it used to be...i brought a couple of boxes...

Most amazing jew boots
DJ Gear
Iron Chef

Member 6267

Level 7.34

May 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:19 PM #62 of 79
Discontinued food products is one of my biggest pet peeves:

1. Stouffer's Rotini Carbonara. Best noodle dinner ever. Gone.
2. Danone Mousse Cappucino flavour. Where have you gone!?
3. Regular Diet Mountain Dew (not the caffeinated American stuff labelled "Energy" that they're trying to introduce as the mainstream mountain dew, mind you.)

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:59 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:59 PM #63 of 79
Originally Posted by DJ Gear
3. Regular Diet Mountain Dew (not the caffeinated American stuff labelled "Energy" that they're trying to introduce as the mainstream mountain dew, mind you.)
I know for sure that they still make and sell that. I just saw it yesterday, in fact. And it wasn't any kind of energy drink or anything, just regular diet Mountain Dew. Maybe they just discontinued it in Canada?

FELIPE NO
DJ Gear
Iron Chef

Member 6267

Level 7.34

May 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:30 PM #64 of 79
Well, what I meant was, that they're trying to subtly make Mountain Dew caffeinated (since no clear beverage has caffeine in Canada...I believe it's illegal) by replacing it with "Mountain Dew Energy", making the only Mountain Dew, caffeinated Mountain Dew. I still see regular Dew, but no more DC Diet 'Dew.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 05:58 PM #65 of 79
Okay, I went to wiki so I could try to understand this, and this is what I found:

Originally Posted by Wiki
Dew Fuel (2005) — originally branded as Mountain Dew Energy, and given its present name in 2006, a caffeinated version of Canadian Mountain Dew (which is not caffeinated in Canada due to Health Canada regulations that only allow caffeine in cola varieties of soft drinks), and is branded as a natural health product. Mainly replacing (Caffeine-Free) Mountain Dew on store shelves, although many places still sell both drinks.
So you're saying that this version is phasing out regular diet Mountain Dew?

unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 04:14 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 04:14 AM #66 of 79
I also liked pepsi blue, and all my friends hated it too lol.

I highly doubt any of you will remember Little Debbies Yo Yo's. There was somethin in that creme that made it so much better than Hostess products.

Also Melon heads! They only got lemon heads now.
The Daily Double sandwich from mcdonalds was too good, but that went out.

Someone mentioned guacamole doritos, i still see them 'round these parts. ^_^

SunkistTheHedge
Good Chocobo

Member 624

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 03:58 PM #67 of 79
I remember the year before last . Their was a new heinz ketchup pringles flavor! I only brought them once but then I've never saw them in stores again since and it had a good flavor to it ><

Their was even a doritos flavor that use to be out But i forgot the name!

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 03:21 PM #68 of 79
I just saw a bag of ketchup-flavored Doritos about a month ago. Unfortunately, ketchup doesn't appeal to me as a flavor for chips, so I avoided them. Ketchup-flavored Pringles sound like they would be even worse than the Doritos, though. Maybe that's why they stopped making them.

SunkistTheHedge
Good Chocobo

Member 624

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:58 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 04:58 PM #69 of 79
Wow then thats something i need to check out ^_^

How ya doing, buddy?
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 10:25 PM #70 of 79
I remember the Pizza Hut flavored chips. But as for explaining its discontinuation, I would guess because they're promotional things, or something of the sort. "Limited time supply." For example, Mountain Dew Pitch Black, though whatever chemical effects MD can produce to affect a guy's body, that stuff was good. But it was around for a limited time only.

What I really miss is...... well I had it on my mind for a while, but now I've forgotten it

unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 10:56 PM #71 of 79
What about Pitch Black II? Thats still around I believe, is that alot different from the first one? I dont know myself because i wasnt a fan of pitch black.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 10:03 PM #72 of 79
Yeah, Pitch Black II is still around, and yes, it is different than the first one. The regular Mountain Dew Pitch Black was basically just a grape-flavored version of MD, but Pitch Black II is a sour grape-flavored version of MD. I personally like Pitch Black II better, as it has more of a kick. I think the general public must have as well, since they kept this verion around.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:05 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 04:05 AM #73 of 79
Ah, Im glad Livewire is still around. I remember when they said it would only be around summer of '03 and then said back for sumemr '04 even though it never was discontinued thru that period. Still around too. w00t

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:27 AM #74 of 79
Yeah, pretty much all the extra flavors of Mountain Dew (Code Red, Livewire, Pitch Black II, and Baja Blast) have stuck around, even though they have said they were all limited editions at one point or another. I just wish they would make Baja Blast in cans/bottles, so I won't have to get it at Taco Bell all the time.

unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 04:44 AM #75 of 79
Yeah, ive wondered about that. Why is a MD flavor exclusive to Taco Bell?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Discontinued food products