Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:36 AM #1 of 44
I can't even see this going far as I can already see the lawsuits. Dark Nation's situation is exactly what I am looking at. "So I have no income, and can't get a job due to the recession, and you are fining ME for it because I can't pay for health insurance?"

I also see the situation that Dark is talking about. What happens if you are making just barely enough to survive but that amount is too high to be exempt? The cost of living in certain cities is higher than others and/or if you have a family, then this could happen. And the bill will have steeper fines for those who have families.

Also, I am curious on what they do for people overseas, especially if they do charity work. They get little to no money. Is the government suggesting that those people be 'punished' for helping out others? Or at they exempt?

Then there are the lawsuits just going on free choice. I mean, just look at any of the lawsuits that have went after way more controversial topics and WON and you can only imagine how this would go.

Finally, what about people who are just deadbeats. You aren't going to get money from them anyway, so how is fining them even more (as they obviously won't pay for health insurance) going to help? Zero income means you get zero from them. Adding the amount expected doesn't change things, and sending them to jail for a longer term means WE have to pay more.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage