Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What alocholic drink do you prefer
beer 17 32.08%
wine 9 16.98%
spirit (15-25%) 2 3.77%
hard liquor (30-40%) 14 26.42%
very hard liquor (45-75%) 9 16.98%
pure alcohol 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

favourite kind of alcohol

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:45 PM #51 of 69
Hey just since it's on topic and junk... Has anyone heard of a movie called Sideways?
My problem with the movie is that those very people exist in real life and use to come into my liquor store.

So to say I hate the movie would be a criminal understatement.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:35 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 04:35 AM #52 of 69
My problem with the movie is that those very people exist in real life and use to come into my liquor store.
So they talk to you and you don't understand shit's worth of what they're really saying while there's some relaxing jazz in the background?

Also, KWV Cabernet Sauvignon is good. Real good.

Most amazing jew boots
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:33 PM #53 of 69
I actually don't like beer. I love drinking coolers, though. That, and cocktails or mixed drinks. I prefer rum to vodka, though. Not exactly sure why.

I was speaking idiomatically.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:20 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2008, 03:20 AM #54 of 69
Ok so far beer is in the lead. Why!? Because its the cheapest kind of alcohol there is? Sorry but any kind of beer, from natural ice to Guinness, it tastes the same and nasty to me. Is beer an acquired taste or something?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Biganime
Angel wings and Cat ears....thats why I like it!

Member 5690

Level 4.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:49 AM #55 of 69
I had a long island ice tea one day and ever since i have been hooked on the shit. Its just so much booze and its just a fun drink to get screwed up on.. in fact im about 90% sure that as im typing this im drunk on it right now...good times.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:37 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2008, 03:37 PM #56 of 69
Ok so far beer is in the lead. Why!? Because its the cheapest kind of alcohol there is? Sorry but any kind of beer, from natural ice to Guinness, it tastes the same and nasty to me. Is beer an acquired taste or something?
I'm sorry, did you just say guinness tastes like natty ice?

Do you have NO palate? What the fuck is wrong with you?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 05:31 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 05:31 AM 2 #57 of 69
Yep I sure did. Guinness tastes similar to all other beers Ive tasted. Probably because its ALL BEER in the end. Best just to get a good cocktail for me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 08:09 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 03:09 PM 2 #58 of 69
My favourite kind of alcohol is wine (see below for those who are interested in what exactly), mostly because I grew up with culture and made it my part-time job. I also enjoy other beverages though, I'll rarely drink wine when I go out unless we all order a bottle, but otherwise I'll just stick to beer (Karmeliet, Leffe Blond, Jupiler, not really a Stella fan), which is something I got from my dad's side of the family I guess xD. Tequila is also nice, but when it comes to liquors I'm a huge fan of Limoncello, or a nice Calvados. I've had some bad experiences with wiskey and Jagermeister, so I tend to stay away from those, just the smell gives me unpleasant flashbacks.

As for what my wine preferences are, most of them are french (big surprise). I'm not really a fan of Bordeaux wines, although I would never say no to a bottle of Pomerol. The problem with Bordeaux is also that the prices are way too high. If you have a miracle year like 2005 was, you can still try to justify it, but last year was horrible, and the prices haven't really changed. If I had the money, I would drink nothing but Cotes-du-Rhone, even though they are expensive, you get excellent quality for the price you pay. Especially a Saint-Joseph or Hermitage (and the earlier and most recent Chateau-Neuf-du-Pape, not the 90s or 80s) is a joy to drink, and I don't mind splurging on special occasions. Bourgogne wines are also nice, but if you want the good stuff, you'll have to be willing to pay a lot of money, and not all prices are fair, so you'd be better off with a Cotes-du-Rhone.

As for white wine, I can't stand sweet wines like a Rivesaltes or Sauternes, not even with a dessert, since they tend to ruin the flavor and searching for a good combination is not worth the time imo. If I do go for a dessert wine, banyuls rarely disappoints (we recently had an excellent Mas Blanc at work). Also not a big fan of chardonnay, since I like my white wine dry instead of fruity (although a grape like chasan, the combination of chardonnay and listan can be really nice), so I tend to go for sauvignon blanc.

I find that the best place in France to get nice wine for little money is the Languedoc. The pricing is fair, the quality is good enough for everyday drinking, and there is a lot of variety to be found, so I usually go for Corbieres. They also use a large variety of grapes, a lot of them similar to grenache or cinsault (Cotes du Rhone grapes), so there is something for everyone to be found. For white wine, Montravel near Bergerac is a personal favourite, although it's a bit hard to get my hands on here.

I don't have a lot of experience with New World wines, mostly since we don't get the supposedly good stuff, but I am a fan of Chile, especially red wines that use Carmenere, an old grape that isn't cultivated in France anymore, since it gives power to a wine, but stays soft enough to combine with a large variety of dishes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:37 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 07:37 AM #59 of 69
Yep I sure did. Guinness tastes similar to all other beers Ive tasted. Probably because its ALL BEER in the end. Best just to get a good cocktail for me.
Yes but um, Natural Ice tastes more like urine than beer. Have you actually tried either of these?

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:02 AM 1 #60 of 69
yapyapyapyapyapyapyap
"Guys, why do people keep thinking I'm gay?"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
unknown_user
Chocobo

Member 3527

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:55 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 12:55 PM 1 #61 of 69
Yes but um, Natural Ice tastes more like urine than beer. Have you actually tried either of these?
Yep, they dont taste the exact same, but they still both taste terrible to me.

Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2008, 02:24 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2008, 12:24 PM #62 of 69
I do not like Guinness. I do not like 211 Steel Reserve. They are both shit and taste terrible.

But they are two different worlds of terrible. One is like filling my stomach with expanding foam until my intestines pour out of my body and I bleed to death, and the other is like driving my car 140 mph (like THAT will ever happen) and smashing into a brick wall.

You, sir, deserve a diss.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:53 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2008, 01:53 PM 1 #63 of 69
"Guys, why do people keep thinking I'm gay?"
Fuck off Pang, you're really starting to sound more and more like some fucking hick, when you think that having preferences for wine that go further than red or white make you gay, while long discussions about the various types of beer (with a lot more silliness than my preferences) are somehow more manly, just because someone like you knows shit about wine culture.

FELIPE NO
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:27 PM #64 of 69

Obviously, it is more manly.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Alexa
Banned

Member 31403

Level 1.60

Aug 2008

Old Aug 2, 2008, 08:20 PM #65 of 69
I tried beer before and hated the taste but wine coolers are pretty good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 08:25 PM #66 of 69
someone like you knows shit about wine culture.
See, this is my point. How many people in this thread are talking about "beer culture"?

THE ANSWER: IT IS ZERO

If this observation means that I must be forever doomed to be un-fabulous that's a cross I will gladly bear

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by The unmovable stubborn; Aug 2, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Alexa
Banned

Member 31403

Level 1.60

Aug 2008

Old Aug 2, 2008, 08:30 PM #67 of 69
31.91% people voted on it, I did say I like wine coolers though I hate beer.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:57 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2008, 09:57 AM #68 of 69
My favourite kind of alcohol is wine (see below for those who are interested in what exactly), mostly because I grew up with culture and made it my part-time job. I also enjoy other beverages though, I'll rarely drink wine when I go out unless we all order a bottle, but otherwise I'll just stick to beer (Karmeliet, Leffe Blond, Jupiler, not really a Stella fan), which is something I got from my dad's side of the family I guess xD. Tequila is also nice, but when it comes to liquors I'm a huge fan of Limoncello, or a nice Calvados. I've had some bad experiences with wiskey and Jagermeister, so I tend to stay away from those, just the smell gives me unpleasant flashbacks.
You had an extensive stay in Japan and you didn't try out Shochu or Sake? or I guess if you did you didn't think much of it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:55 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2008, 05:55 PM #69 of 69
It's gotta be the spirits or the hard stuff, because I prefer having to drink less to get more if you know what I mean. Mainly because I have a bladder at the size of a pea with a combined high alcohol resistance.

I mostly resort to drinking beer anyway though because it's cheaper (don't like to waste too much money on drinking). I love dark beers like Guinness or Falcon Bayersk (Swedish beer).

A question, there is a cocktail I drank once which I can't remember the name of. If I recall it right it was a vanilla tasting spirit (I think, I'm not sure since I forgot most of the evening, but it was clear and had a creamy yellowish colour) layered with blueberry soup and whipped cream. It was amazingly good.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > favourite kind of alcohol