Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A small Idea? Gamingforce Weight Loss?

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:01 PM #1 of 36
A small Idea? Gamingforce Weight Loss?

I think something like this might've been attempted before, but I can't remember.

Anyways, I'll cut to the chase - I'm overweight. For my 6' frame, I'm 275ish lbs. But I want to loose alot of the extra weight. I don't think I'm the only one on GFF who's in the same situation either.

But I've heard of this happening elsewhere, people just getting together and talking about thier progress, and what they're trying to loose weight.

So, this post is just to guage interest - post here if you'd be willing to participate!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 08:38 PM #2 of 36
'Lose a lot', not 'loose alot'.

I'll participate; I weigh 170 pounds, at 6 feet 2 inches. I want to lose the ten pounds that I've put on during winter; wish me luck!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:24 PM #3 of 36
As a (once) successful weight loser - feel free to ask for advice. I unfortunately re-gained the pounds after living like an idiot for a few months and my love handles have returned. Being barred from exercising ATM due to my mono is not helping the situation at all - nor are the steroids that I'm taking that eat away at my muscle. Grr. Anyhow, ask away or wtv.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 07:25 PM #4 of 36
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
As a (once) successful weight loser - feel free to ask for advice. I unfortunately re-gained the pounds after living like an idiot for a few months and my love handles have returned. Being barred from exercising ATM due to my mono is not helping the situation at all - nor are the steroids that I'm taking that eat away at my muscle. Grr. Anyhow, ask away or wtv.
You have no muscle. You're from Quebec. All you have is rage at historical events.

O SNAP.

Seriously though, mono? Ouch.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:57 PM #5 of 36
Oh I have muscles - I just feel like I lost all of the muscle that I've put on since January. Mono is ok - I luckily don't have the symptom of fatigue - I'm soooo lucky that I don't have that. Anyhow . . .

I was speaking idiomatically.

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:40 PM #6 of 36
I am about 5'8", weigh in around 200 lbs, and I intend to lose my belly. My biggest concern is my diet. Instead of going to the store, buying ingredients for a well balanced meal, and setting myself up properly, I have been eating left over catering from shows I work. It is nice when you have Middle Eastern food, but the last show was all Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks coffee, which really set me back a few pounds.

I try to go to the gym on the weekend, once during the week, and doing free weights at home when I have free time.

I actually would like some advice on what type of workout would be good to help me lose my belly. Right now, when I go to the gym, I get on the track for a few laps to warm up, go 45 minutes on the eliptical (15 forwards, 15 backwards, 15 forwards), non stop with moderate resistance and a moderate incline, and finish up with a few laps around the track to cool down. Will this help me burn my belly fat, or will it just keep my legs in shape?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
summonerkai
Ethereal Dreamer

Member 875

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:03 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:03 PM #7 of 36
Sounds like a good idea I want to participate

I am 5'11 and weigh around 205 (used to be 190 a couple weeks ago but fell of the wagon after some personal stuff)

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 12:53 AM #8 of 36
I think I could stand to lose some weight (even though it would kill me to go down a cup size in my bra...which very well might happen if I lose enough). If this goes anywhere, I'm willing to do it. Maybe. Yeah.

I didn't gain weight when I went off to college -- I gained it when I went back home. WtF.

Most amazing jew boots
Giro0001
Custom User Title

Member 677

Level 14.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 12:02 AM #9 of 36
Originally Posted by Aardark

I'll participate; I weigh 170 pounds, at 6 feet 2 inches. I want to lose the ten pounds that I've put on during winter; wish me luck!
Damn I wish I was way down there!!!

I'm 6' 3" and weight 665 lbs. So I'm definately overweight. I have however lost about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks from running. I recently started up a running program (that was very easy to start on, even for me who has had no physical activity for the last 3 years) and it has helped me a lot, in many different ways.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:05 AM #10 of 36

How is this bad? I'm 6', and when I weighed 160lbs I wasn't even content with this and wanted to weigh more. Since you're two inches taller than me, I'd thin that 170 pounds would be height/weight proportionate, if not a bit on the thin side.

Most amazing jew boots
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 01:22 AM #11 of 36
I'm 5'11" or thereabouts, 200lb. I've been told I don't look my weight, as in I look lighter, but I don't feel half as healthy as I could be, and probably less than a quarter as I once was. Ideally I'd like to hit the ideal/target weight for 5'11" 22-year-olds, but any improvement is good. And I'm open to advice. I work a desk job, and spend about 3 hours twice a week commuting to class (unavoidable). Other than that, though, I'll do whatever I can.

Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 02:29 AM #12 of 36
Sure, I'll join in.

I'm 5'9 and roughly 200lbs. I need to lose around 15 lbs by June/July, and get in good shape by August. Doesn't seem to difficult. Running for around 15-30 minutes a day, plus a 30 minute workout.

The beauty of it is, that I have pretty much all the free time in the world now to dedicate to losing this weight. So I'm not bound by time constraints during the day.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 07:10 PM #13 of 36
I don't have a gym membership anymore (I did), but when I get some money, I'm going to get one, but I've also *started* running around the little circle block I live in, it's about a km around, so I go around in circles for 20-30mins (or at least I did it for the first time monday, been too busy with school and flying). But I'm hopefully going to do it again tonight, and hopefully more often (5 times a week i'm hoping for).

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 11:43 PM #14 of 36
Yeah, I'm a lardass. At 6', I weigh 250lbs. Pretty pathetic.

I started the Subway diet, but everyone on my chocojournal laughed at me.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:08 AM #15 of 36
Originally Posted by Stealth
Sure, I'll join in.

I'm 5'9 and roughly 200lbs. I need to lose around 15 lbs by June/July, and get in good shape by August. Doesn't seem to difficult. Running for around 15-30 minutes a day, plus a 30 minute workout.

The beauty of it is, that I have pretty much all the free time in the world now to dedicate to losing this weight. So I'm not bound by time constraints during the day.
That's going to be really tough. You'll have to lose on average about 2 lbs a week - which means getting rid of 7000 calories a week. Aiming for one pound a week is a much more realistic goal. For those of you that have never done anything like this before, here is some basic info:

1 - in order to lose weight you need to use more energy than you consume. This can be done either through just eating less, exercising more or a combination of both.

2 - To lose a pound you need to burn 3500 calories. It's harder than it sounds.

3 - The easiest way to lose weight will involve a change in diet and going to the gym 3-4 times a week for about 1-1 1/2 hours.

4 - When doing cardio, you want to be in the "fat burn" zone. This is roughly 60-65% of your maximum heart rate (220 - your age). For me it's about 135 BPM - I'm 20. You want to aim for 30 minutes of cardio, three times a week. Don't forget to warm up and cool down. Also, be sure to stretch after you're done.

5 - Putting on muscle will help you lose weight - but do not expect to be able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. It's impossible. To put on muscle you need to consume more calories than you use, while you must do the opposite to lose weight.

6 - Eat better. Cut out the candy, the chips and the fast food. I'm not saying to turn vegan, but try to eat healthier. And keep a balanced diet. Taking one multivitamin a day doesn't hurt.

7 - Want an easy way to potentially cut out a large amount of calories from your diet? Drink water. Water is calorie free - you'd be surprised how much less energy you consume if you stop drinking juice, soda, coffee, etc...

I'll post more later. I can post beginners weight training programs if anybody is interested. However, if you want expert advice there check out www.ironmagazineforums.com - it's a really great place.

FELIPE NO

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:02 PM #16 of 36
exercise isn't the only thing that's going to help you lose weight. if you really want to lose weight properly, you have to change your diet. a lot of people think they can eat fast food regularly, as long as they go to the gym on the weekend. even though you may be building muscle, it's not going to do much for your weight since the unwanted fat will still be there.

cardio exercises are generally the best for burning fat, because it involves full body movement. the most recommened times that I hear for weekly exercises are usually just 20 minutes 3 times a week, and can be as simple as just going for a walk. so if you do that on top of any muscle building activities, you should be good to go.

ofcourse it will differ from person to person, but it's just a basic idea and you tweak it how ever you need to reach your goal.

Originally Posted by Giro0001
I'm 6' 3" and weight 665 lbs.
what? I don't mean to be rude, but is it even possible to get that heavy? please tell me that's a typo.

Most amazing jew boots
Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 03:13 PM #17 of 36
Originally Posted by ava lilly
what? I don't mean to be rude, but is it even possible to get that heavy? please tell me that's a typo.
I don't question on the base of the numbers myself, but on the fact that she claimed running helped lose some of it. This would imply that human beings who reach this size are actually able to move.

Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:57 PM #18 of 36
Originally Posted by Eleo
How is this bad?
It's not particularly bad, but I just don't feel good if I'm even a little off my perfect weight/height ratio. I think it's psychological issue, but oh well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:41 PM #19 of 36
If you take only one person's advice, let that person be me.

Cut carbs! Only eat carbs for breakfast and right after workout. Don't be afraid of fats. Eat six evenly spaced meals/snacks over the course of the day. Bar none, the most effective cardio routine for fat loss is HIIT--High Intensity Interval Training. Basically you keep your body guessing by alternating between periods of very low intensity ("active recovery") and 80-90% of your max effort. To start out, try biking for 15 minutes, alternating between 1 minute of "rest" and thirty seconds of high intensity pedaling. Try to work up to 20-30 minutes, alternating 2 minutes rest and 2 minutes high intensity. You can do this with walking/sprinting or jump rope as well.

Oh yeah, if you have poor metabolism, try drinking green tea or some other thermogenic.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:26 AM #20 of 36
I did the Subway diet for a week and lost ten pounds. In a week.

I'm pretty fucking shocked. I'm sure if you supplemented it, it'd be pretty useful.

xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:07 AM #21 of 36
Originally Posted by Hachifusa
I did the Subway diet for a week and lost ten pounds. In a week.

I'm pretty fucking shocked. I'm sure if you supplemented it, it'd be pretty useful.
I'm guessing you're not supplementing it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, right?

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:33 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 08:33 PM #22 of 36
It's not particularly bad, but I just don't feel good if I'm even a little off my perfect weight/height ratio. I think it's psychological issue, but oh well.
Oh I see. Anorexia. Weak.

Originally Posted by Giro0001
I'm 6' 3" and weight 665 lbs. So I'm definately overweight. I have however lost about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks from running.
5 pounds over two weeks is pathetic. Are you sure you didn't just weigh youself in the morning because often people will sweat off 5 pounds while they sleep.

Last edited by RABicle; Apr 1, 2006 at 07:36 AM.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:46 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:46 PM #23 of 36
Originally Posted by RABicle
Oh I see. Anorexia. Weak.
Well not really, though I think I was mildly anorexic two years ago or so. Not quite Christian Bale in Machinist, but it kind of sucked anyway. Now I'm just trying to keep myself in decent shape.

FELIPE NO
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 07:52 AM #24 of 36
Put some muscle on that frame of yours Aardark. You're rather light for your height . . .

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Mucknuggle; Apr 1, 2006 at 08:07 AM.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 08:00 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 03:00 PM #25 of 36
I think you meant height, but anyway, I'm not skinny. I genetically have quite a large body frame, and I do work out regularly, so I dunno. I guess my bones are lighter than average, or something. =/

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > A small Idea? Gamingforce Weight Loss?