Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Anyone have non-stick cookware that really works?

Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 03:43 PM #1 of 7
Anyone have non-stick cookware that really works?

I don't know how many claimed "non-stick" cookware I've gone through, but it's been quite a few, and no matter what I'm cooking (like just now I was making some scrambled eggs), the fucking foods seem to stick to the fucker and burns on there despite the "100% guaranteed for life non-stick coating that you can use metal utensils on."

I've even bought some of the ones I've seen them host on TV, where they actually cook shit like marshmallows which melt and burn in their skillet and then wipe it out at the end with a paper towel. Cool. But when you get it at home and try it out, it never works out like it does on TV, WTF?

Do any of you have non-stick cookware that actually does what it's supposed to do, make the food not stick to the pan while you're cooking shit? What brand of cookware is it, and how much did you pay for it? I'm just looking for a simple frying pan to make stuff like eggs, pancakes, etc. I'll be damned if I can find one that actually works. If it's too good to be true, it probably is, right? And that goes for "non-stick" cookware as well.

Most amazing jew boots
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 05:44 PM #2 of 7
how long do you let the stuff sit in the pan and on what heat setting...because no matter what if your dumb enough to let the food stay on there and practically burn, thats your own damn fault.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 05:49 PM #3 of 7
A few things:

1) Don't buy pans you see on TV. They are always shit. Also, don't buy the generic shit.

2) There are very, very few non-stick pans can you can use metal utensils and they are extremely expensive (talking top of the line at Bed, Bath, and Beyond here). The chances are you bought pans that you shouldn't be using metal in.

3) Never, never, never spray your pan with something like Pam. That will actually turn your pan from a non-stick to a stick.

4) Additionally, most non-stick pans are not dishwasher safe. I mean, they won't break, but some detergents will ruin the pan.

5) There is a type of pan that is generally called "stick-resistant". These are usually a dark metal and they'll say "hard-anodized" or "infused anodized". Calphalon makes a very good type of this. They are safe to use metal in and generally don't cause sticking. Many pans claim to be this, but they are just a standard Teflon-type inside with that on the outside. These are good pans, but, like I said, more expensive than your standard Teflon coating.

6) The heat that you set your burners at can be causing the stick. If you take food directly from the refrigerator and throw it in the hot pan, that can cause sticking, even on a non-stick pan.

7) The best producer of consumer cookware is All-Clad, but they mainly specialize in stainless steel. They do make the Emeril line, but that non-stick doesn't stand up to Calphalon. Calphalon One is a great set, but it is expensive. Calphalon Contemporary is their cheapest brand that also comes with a lifetime warranty, so I'd probably recommend that over anything.

8) Additionally, if you are just looking to make things like eggs and pancakes, consider a cast-iron skillet. A heavy skillet like that lasts forever, is generally easy to keep clean, transfers heat well, and a really good one is only like $20.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 09:01 PM #4 of 7
I really like the George Foreman grill. I clean it with a paper towel when I am done. I don't understand anyone who uses metal on non-stick surfaces. As soon as you get the slightest nick in the pan, the whole pan is compromised. Does it really bust someones balls to either use wooden or plastic utensils when working with non-stick pans?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 08:05 PM #5 of 7
I don't usually use non-stick shit, because they all cook food unevenly. For the best results, a really heavy stainless pan will generate the best results. Learning to actually cook generally helps this as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 08:40 PM #6 of 7
Typically, non-stick cookware only cooks poorly because:

1) Most cheap cookware is non-stick.
2) Most non-stick cookware is cheap.

You can get a non-stick pan made of the same material and thickness as a stainless steel pan and it will cook nearly exactly the same. A cheap stainless steel pan is just as bad as a cheap non-stick pan.

The knock on non-stick is that the coating is toxic and is harmful if it flakes off and the jury is still out on just how good or bad it is. But don't forget that stainless steel forces you to cook with more oil which, for someone who just makes eggs and pancakes, is incredibly difficult to do and get good tasting results. It is much easier to cook healthy in non-stick.

Stainless steel is the best, but if you aren't going to learn to cook, it is a terrible waste of money.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 12:36 PM #7 of 7
I find only the older non stick cookware work the best. I got this electrical frying pan that was supposed to be non-stick.... well, that didn't last long. The non-stickness disappeared fairly quickly after a few bacon rounds....

Kinda sucks.... it was like over $100.... They don't make things like they used to.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Anyone have non-stick cookware that really works?