Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

X-Men Legends II problem

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 07:26 PM #1 of 6
X-Men Legends II problem

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but I'll try here. Hopefully a moderator will move it if it's out of place. Anyways, I'm having a rather crippling problem with X-Men Legends II. Occassionally, usually when I'm fighting a large enemy, the game freezes. It just stops and the Gamecube makes this loud buzzing sound. The game has a frozen a few times even during loading screens, though without the buzzing. I've encountered this problem only once before; it has happened while my sister has been playing The Sims. The really screwy thing this time is that my brother has a file as well and he's never encountered this problem and his file continues to operate normally. Short of avoiding every enemy, which sometimes doesn't even work, I don't know what to do. I've tried saving the file on his memory card. I've tried going to other levels and working on them, but those eventually started to freeze as well. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I am so damn frustrated...

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:10 PM #2 of 6
Maybe it's the lens in the system. Dirty perhaps?

Reminding me of the PS2 or something like that. You would have to open up the system when it wouldn't read the game. For the GC, I would think it would be a little easier since the lens is right in your face. If it's not that, it's probably the CD. I did hear that X-Men Legends II was a little screwy anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:22 AM #3 of 6
I remember reading about a bug in the game that if you left too many items on the ground, or put too many into your stash, that it could cause the game to freeze due to a memory leak or some such issue. Maybe check your stash to make sure it isn't overflowing? Sell off anything you don't need/use.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2006, 10:26 AM #4 of 6
Alternatively, your save file could be corrupt. I would recommend that you start another game as a last resort, however.

Most amazing jew boots
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:03 PM #5 of 6
Well, the file eventually stopped loading all together so I was forced to start a new one. However, I will keep Kaelin's suggestion in mind to limit the possibility of this happening again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:36 PM #6 of 6
My brother and I have encountered what could be a problem. On the platforms (the ones with Sentinels and Bastion) there is supposedly a Tech Station on the First Radar Array platform. My brother even looked at a player's guide to determine where exactly it's supposed to be. All we find there is a black smudge on the ground. Was there some way it could have been destroyed? Are we not looking in the right place? (We're looking to the left just before the bridge to the next platform.) Is there something we either did wrong or have yet to do?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > X-Men Legends II problem