Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:13 PM #26 of 210
Originally Posted by Koneko
Considering my mixed heritage (polyneasian/european) and my husband's equally diverse bloodline(cuban/european/native american), we have no issues with interracial relationships. I had a co-worker who said she'd never date outside her race (because that is how she was raised). Seems kinda wierd to me to limit your standards to 'I wont date outside my race' but that's their own choice I guess.
Good luck to your friend, because a lot of people within the United States are not of just one race. There was a survey done in 2004 that said that the white population in America was 25%, but even then you have people like my family who claim to be white because either their Cherokee blood would keep them from getting a job or they simply don't know that their past ancestors were of a different race.

I don't know what race your friend is, but unless she can find another guy that comes from a family who has in past generations focused on marrying within the family blood line (both sides), then it's going to be VERY difficult for her to find a date. Actually, if you believe science, we all started out as African.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:02 PM #27 of 210
Thanks Hernán Cortés for mestizos!

Originally Posted by Devo
You're full of shit there are plenty of mixed people who look quite attractive. Hell most Puerto Ricans are a mix of several different cultures and races, and they look HOT.
They may be attractive to *you*, not to me, and I'm talking for me, not for you.:eyebrow:

There *are* some exceptions, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 05:13 PM #28 of 210
So, Umma, do we only approve of pale skin and blonde hair and blue eyes, or what?

Most amazing jew boots
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:17 PM #29 of 210
Heil Hitler!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Alice; May 10, 2006 at 07:20 PM.
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:24 PM #30 of 210
Angry

Originally Posted by nadienne
So, Umma, do we only approve of pale skin and blonde hair and blue eyes, or what?
No. It doesn't have to be an extreme like that.

Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Heil Hitler!
That's not fair. That's what I get for not agreeing with everyone else?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 05:29 PM #31 of 210
Next thing you know, Umma is going to come back with somekind of bullshit reasoning like genetic determinism and how we need a fascist government to preserve the cultural core-consituency in a country where none really exists.

Anybody whose studied anthropology in the least realizes it's all a load of shit.

As for my two-cents on interracial relationships, I don't care one way or another. I think it all really depends on what you encounter at a young age, living in San Diego I encountered a lot of caucasians, hispanics and asians, that's primarily what I find attractive. I'm also the product of an interracial relationship. But, I wasn't really raised around those of my other half, so I can't really say I strongly identify with those cultures other than what I see in the media.

FELIPE NO

Posting without content since 2002.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; May 10, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 06:41 PM #32 of 210
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Heil Hitler!

Alice taking full opportunity to make fun of the only person that could be construed as more racist than herself.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:37 PM #33 of 210
Originally Posted by nadienne
I don't know if that's what he meant. He might mean that people of pure African, Asian, American Indian, Latin American, Caucasian, etc. are more aesthetically (sp?) pleasing to him than people that are a mix of different races. It's not exactly racist, just more of a "this is what I think looks good" over "this is how it should be" kind of reaction.

It's sort of like people who prefer pure-bred dogs over hybrid dogs. They don't think only one breed of dog should be dominant over all breeds, just that a pomeranian and a chihuahua are better looking than a pomchi. Is that what you sort of meant Umma?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:07 AM #34 of 210
I'm colorblind. I don't see the big deal. If it don't hurt anyone, it's fine by me.

Most amazing jew boots
Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Why are you arguing with WoW players? It's pronounced "Shut the fuck up and get a job. Raiding isn't a job." - Lukage
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 08:25 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:25 AM #35 of 210
Yes, Visavi. But if I say "pure races look better" I don't come out too well, do I?

A few months ago I saw a couple of a white woman with an African man, since here there aren't any Africans, it was a surprise for me to see that.

The thing is, they were both attractive for their own races, of course I liked the man more. But I've seen what comes from those mixes... it has the worst traits of both races.

Some might find them attractive, obviously someone *has* to, but not me. That's all.

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
Next thing you know, Umma is going to come back with somekind of bullshit reasoning like genetic determinism and how we need a fascist government to preserve the cultural core-consituency in a country where none really exists.
Are you under the impression that I'm from the United States? Because I'm not.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:59 AM #36 of 210
Originally Posted by NERD-1
Alice taking full opportunity to make fun of the only person that could be construed as more racist than herself.
racism

Main Entry: rac·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
- rac·ist /-sist also -shist/ noun or adjective

That's not me. I'm just not politically correct. There's a difference between being racist and being politically incorrect.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:22 AM #37 of 210
Originally Posted by Umma
I don't have a problem with the *couple*... it's the ugly kids they'd have that would creep me out.
O man, you're fucking hilarious.

Ugly kids. Man. Your taste in women must be shit. You must dig that purebred (aka inbred) white trailer-trash look, huh?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:08 AM #38 of 210
I have no problem with it, a lot of my friends are in interacial couples and they seem perfectly happy. I don't know if they get trouble for it, I've never asked.

thsi reminds me of a book I found in my school's library, it was the first in a series of books like it from the 70's. It was called "Coping with Interacial Dating" and it was a guide for parents and siblings of a person who's in an interracial couple. There were these little scenes in the book between different sorts of couples. It provided hours of entertainment for my friends and I. We went looking for more in ther series and we found "coping" books on "being gifted", "ADD", "racial slurs", and "divorce", none of which had any good advice.

Baaah~
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:13 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:13 AM #39 of 210
Derek Jeter is mixed. I hear that a lot of women find him very attractive as well.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:17 PM #40 of 210
Originally Posted by russ
Derek Jeter is mixed. I hear that a lot of women find him very attractive as well.
I hate, hate, hate to say this, but yea. Jeter is kinda hot.

For a Yankee, anyways.

I hear that mixed couples' kids are, like, wicked desirable in the modelling industry, actually. Because of their fucking AWESOME features.

It's pretty clear to me that Umma is just a fucking moron.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:55 AM #41 of 210
Between U.S. slave owners who notoriously couldn't keep their flies closed, antiquated social values that declared anyone with as little as 1/8 African heritage to be black, and said mixed blacks fraternizing mostly with other, more "pure-blooded" blacks, just about ALL blacks in America are mixed to some extent or another now.

On top of that, most white people in America are mixed. A caucasian from Spain is a lot different looking than a white guy from Britain, or Austria, or Iceland, or Russia, etc. Us white people are frequently mongrels too. Want me to start getting into Central and South Americans, too? How about all the cross-pollination between Chinese, Koreans, Thai, and so on?

If you start to look at it with any degree of scrutiny, any arguments about mixed races, or even theories about races themselves, fall completely apart because of all the interbreeding that's already been going on to begin with.

So, Umma, is it really mixed couples that produce ugly babies? Or are you just selectively overlooking the fact that most human beings are ugly to begin with, regardless of race?

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:05 PM #42 of 210
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
I have two things to say. 1. What kind of advice did it give, assuming you can remember? 2. What side did the guide take?

it was a couple years ago but I remember that it said that when dealing with your child/sibling about the issue, you should listen to their side of the story before giving your own argument points, or something along those lines. They made it sound like interacial dating was a crime :/

like I said in my post before, I have no problem with interacial dating, in fact most of my friends are in interacial relationships right now and as far as I know they haven't encountered any problems. I figure that if you like someone enough to want to date them, then ethnicity shouldn't be an issue.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Baaah~
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 01:27 PM #43 of 210
Yes, Visavi. But if I say "pure races look better" I don't come out too well, do I?
From the comments that I've ready, no. But I was trying to clarify for people what you may have meant since for some reason they took the whole "not finding mixes attractive" thing for "WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY GOOD-LOOKING RACE AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS" or something like that. Not everyone did, but it looked like some people did.

Originally Posted by Monkey King
Between U.S. slave owners who notoriously couldn't keep their flies closed, antiquated social values that declared anyone with as little as 1/8 African heritage to be black, and said mixed blacks fraternizing mostly with other, more "pure-blooded" blacks, just about ALL blacks in America are mixed to some extent or another now.
What's interesting is that during the Civl War, the most requested (and attractive) prostitutes and show girls were 1/8 African. Also, people who have a Caucasian:Hispanic mix where the Caucasian is more prominent than the Hispanic are considered to be even more attractive than either pure Caucasian or pure Hispanic (many people use Enrique Inglesias as an example, but I don't know if he would be the best example).

Also, the person that mentioned the preference of mixed blood for modeling careers kind of makes a good point. Granted, I've never really heard about any statistics on the matter, but from the pictures I have seen that is normally the preference. I know my cousin, who has about the same amount of Cherocasian blood that I do, was accepted into modeling school before she decided to quit and become a maid/chicken farm worker.

*No, I don't approve of the treatment of chickens in those farms.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:26 PM #44 of 210
You know, I never could figure out why people think Halle Berry is hot. Like, sure, nice body and everything, but there's nothing about her that makes me think she's better looking than most people I see day to day. =\

Of course, I don't really think any of the other people devo showed are that good looking, so maybe I just have some sort of weird different standard than everyone else.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:36 PM #45 of 210
Originally Posted by NERD-1
You know, I never could figure out why people think Halle Berry is hot. Like, sure, nice body and everything, but there's nothing about her that makes me think she's better looking than most people I see day to day. =\
I think you're working in the lab that every engineer wants to work in. If everyone in your lab looks like Halle Berry, I'm coming to work wherever you are.

The actual likelihood of this being true is about nill. ^_^

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 12:42 PM #46 of 210
Well, it's not so much the people around me being attractive, as her not seeming to be super attractive.

I'd take that over Halle Berry any day. <3

FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:02 PM #47 of 210
There's no such thing as pure race. Pure race implies that a higher being created humans in particular color schemes, and that the color schemes were eventually diluted over time. Generalize to think of race this way: you walk from the north pole to the equator. You'll see a gradual change in color from light to dark. There are no lines in the ground that separate one race from the next.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Visavi
What's interesting is that during the Civl War, the most requested (and attractive) prostitutes and show girls were 1/8 African.
Though that was probably because our society embraces the idea that light/white represents purity while dark/black represents animal/base instinct. I wouldn't find it surprising if they were most requested because white men thought they'd have better sex with a mixed race woman.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FallDragon; May 11, 2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:12 PM #48 of 210
I don't find Halle Berry very attractive either (I actually think she's kinda ugly; it's her face and hair). For a mixed, I did find the Rock (African and Samoan) to be kinda hot (when he had his hair at least) as far as men go, and as far as women go, I'd have to say that Jessica Alba is a good example of a good mix (mixed Mexican and French/Danish), as she is like wow.

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Why are you arguing with WoW players? It's pronounced "Shut the fuck up and get a job. Raiding isn't a job." - Lukage
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:31 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:31 PM #49 of 210
Jesus, why are celebrities needed to prove that interracial people can be hot. That's like ordering a $500 chocolate cake in order to prove to someone that chocolate can taste good.

ps debating hotness of celebrities has brought this thread to a new low

pps jessica alba is hot

Last edited by FallDragon; May 11, 2006 at 03:34 PM.
doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 04:41 PM #50 of 210
I have friends that I argue with over this. I find it hard to accept that there are still people who believe in such outmoded ideas as "racial purity". One guy, a mixture of hispanic, native american, and plain old caucasian heritage, said it pissed him off every time he saw a black man and a white woman. What.

I hear the "ugly kids" reasoning a lot too. One guy played it off as "well the kids would have a tough time being biracial so we shouldn't do it". Um. And I heard another crackpot Jesus nut say he was concerned about a Tower of Babel scenario where there were no differences and everybody was the same. Again. Dumb people. And these were University students, mind you.

Needless to say, I am in agreement with virtually everybody else in this thread. Though I must admit that I am pleasantly shocked that Alice didn't voice her agreement with Umma.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?