Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - All over my face, please

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 10:04 PM Local time: May 7, 2009, 08:04 PM #1 of 26
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - All over my face, please

Celebrating the tenth anniversary of Gold and Silver, DS remakes are on the way. Dated Fall 2009 for Japan, so North America should follow by around Spring 2010. More info as it comes in. Thoughts?

Ohhhh yeaaaahhhh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 10:10 PM Local time: May 7, 2009, 08:10 PM #2 of 26
Looks like those Golden and Silver balls on that TV show were correct after all.

Eh, I'll probably end up getting it. However given their track record I'm almost tempted to wait for the inevitable updated Crystal version.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 10:47 PM #3 of 26
Meh, I gave up on the Pokémon franchise after Diamond/Pearl but my sister wants this and I don't know why since she agrees with me also >_> I'm still waiting for a really good Digimon game to come out but that will never happen.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 01:34 AM #4 of 26
As long as the Kanto region is still there, I'm fucking sold.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 02:43 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 06:13 PM #5 of 26
As long as the Kanto region is still there, I'm fucking sold.
Yeah this is probably the deal-breaker for me too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 02:56 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 02:56 AM #6 of 26
Will I somehow be able to transfer my platinum pokemon to gold/silver?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 03:51 AM 1 #7 of 26
Why can't we just have one huge ass fucking Pokemon world. Similarly, can all of these continents really fit on one world?

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 03:59 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 02:59 AM 4 #8 of 26
Yeah, I can't think of a single planet that can fit several decent sized islands onto them, large enough to have a few cities on it with populations that range maybe from the hundreds to the low thousands.

Man what planet would be big enough for that?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old May 8, 2009, 04:11 AM #9 of 26
The only Pokemon game I really enjoyed was Pokemon Yellow back when I was a kid. I did get the Diamond one for the DS just to catch em all and was wondering how the hell I was going to catch...eh those two... Laguna and something, yea I totally forgot the names of those 2 rare pokemons. Well I guess I can get them now. Now they just need to release a version that has Mew in it.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 04:16 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 07:16 PM #10 of 26
If they really wanted to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Gold and Silver, they'd have ANNOUNCED POKEMON SNAP 2 FUCK YOU NINTENDO WHERE IS POKEMON SNAP 2.

WHERE IS POKEMON SNAI might get this one. I haven't played a Pokemon RPG thing since Pokemon Blue. I hope all the Pokemon I know, love and remember are still around, like Brock and Catz McCoin Face.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 04:23 AM #11 of 26
Several years later and I still haven't gotten around to beating the Elite Four in Pokemon Pearl, so I've got no real interest in these. One of these days I may actually go back and finish the original Gold. I've always kinda regretted dropping it around halfway through since it came out around the time I was burning out on Pokemon from playing Red so much.

Now they just need to release a version that has Mew in it.
You can get a Mew through that Pokemon Ranch thing on WiiWare. You just have to shell out $10 for the "game" and then spend a few weeks shoveling over 999 Bidoofs. God help me, I was still slightly tempted when I first heard that news.

I seem to remember hearing you could get Lugia through one of the Gamecube Pokemon Colosseum games (XD?) and transfer it to the DS games through the GBA games.

Most amazing jew boots
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old May 8, 2009, 04:32 AM #12 of 26
Several years later and I still haven't gotten around to beating the Elite Four in Pokemon Pearl, so I've got no real interest in these. One of these days I may actually go back and finish the original Gold. I've always kinda regretted dropping it around halfway through since it came out around the time I was burning out on Pokemon from playing Red so much.

You can get a Mew through that Pokemon Ranch thing on WiiWare. You just have to shell out $10 for the "game" and then spend a few weeks shoveling over 999 Bidoofs. God help me, I was still slightly tempted when I first heard that news.

I seem to remember hearing you could get Lugia through one of the Gamecube Pokemon Colosseum games (XD?) and transfer it to the DS games through the GBA games.
Yea I heard about that WiiWare game, seemed too time consuming for me. I prefer getting it from a game which beats me why they didn't include the little bastard in Diamond and Pearl.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 04:41 AM #13 of 26
Despite having tried to play just about every incarnation of pokemon, I've had less and less attention for it since my original playthrough on Blue. Then it was innocent and fun, now it's preteens and twentysomethings minmax/hacking their ultimate teams. Not to mention there hasn't really been any new revolutionary features to keep the series fresh. It still boils down to "It's super effective!" and OHKOs.

I think I'll pass on this one, and likely subsequent ones.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 05:12 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 11:12 AM #14 of 26

I got my Jirachi by playing Pokemon Channel on the GameCube. That was a pretty fun game though so I don't begrudge the £5 I spent on it.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 08:25 AM Local time: May 8, 2009, 01:25 PM #15 of 26
FUCK YES. Gold/Silver/Crystal are the last games in the series that actually sucked me in. Everything since has been decent, and maybe it's just irrational nostalgia kicking in, but I'm so fucking excited for this.

I'm hoping they keep the region from the first games as a post-main-game bonus - that was one of the best features of the originals.

FELIPE NO
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 01:36 PM #16 of 26
Given that GSC was the only iteration of Pokemon that I [for some reason] haven't played, I'll likely pick this one up.

Well, that's not entirely true. I played Gold via emulator waaay back when it first came out, but GB emulators at the time were pretty picky, and my computer was a piece of crap. Given the time it came out though... that's not entirely surprising.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 9, 2009, 08:51 PM Local time: May 10, 2009, 01:51 AM #17 of 26
There's some news! Leaks! Unconfirmed drivel from some Brazilian forum nobody's ever heard of!

screens:

First gameplay footage shows the player's starter following him around. RIVETING. Hope it's not something permanent you have to live with throughout the entire game.

YouTube Video

Here are the (tentative, rumoured, probably mostly bullshit, scraped from all over the place) details so far:

Pokégear's back. Phone and radio are in, along with all the poketch shit from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
There are event Pokemon, and they'll have their own special areas (islands?)
Kanto is in, and you can apparently catch its legendaries/starters.
Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island are intact.
Hoenn's starters are available, too.
There's a Battle Frontier.
There's no red Gyarados.
DSi camera functionality.
I will never know the touch of a woman again.
New DSi app (supposedly called "Pokebox") allows you to trade between two games with only one system - presumably by saving to the DSi's internal memory or an SD card.
Honey trees from DPP replace headbutt trees from the original GSC.

Nintendo did say that there'd be future DS games with DSi-only features, so it'd make sense that they'd use one of their flagship franchises to show such stuff off. I'm calling bullshit on the Gyarados point, though; that was one of the most memorable things about the originals. A decade ago, in the run-up to the release of GS, that shit was somehow the talk of lunch break. They'd be mad to leave something so significant out.

Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old May 11, 2009, 12:14 AM #18 of 26
Why can't we just have one huge ass fucking Pokemon world. Similarly, can all of these continents really fit on one world?
That's Nintendo strategy.
They will give us tons of pokemon games to buy untill they make one amazing pokemon game like that and sell even more.

back to this specific games:
I'm pretty excited about it, not like others becuse I don't have nostalgia googles.
I'm pretty sure Ill like it tho.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 12, 2009, 03:20 PM Local time: May 12, 2009, 08:20 PM #19 of 26
Some more tidbits of information have surfaced...

Japanese release date is September 11th of this year.
There's a skateboard - interesting, because it was a feature slated for the original games.
Online functionality plays a bigger part this time around.
FR/LG-style cutscenes will be shown when entering a new area for the first time.
US trademarks have been filed for Pokémon Heart Gold and Pokémon Soul Silver.

Here's a picture of the player characters:

And there's some kind of new event in that one forest (the name of which I forget); it's apparently some kind of movie tie-in or something:

The full scans from corocoro will hit sometime in the next few days.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old May 13, 2009, 01:12 PM #20 of 26
Some more tidbits of information have surfaced...

Japanese release date is September 11th of this year.
There's a skateboard - interesting, because it was a feature slated for the original games.
Online functionality plays a bigger part this time around.
FR/LG-style cutscenes will be shown when entering a new area for the first time.
US trademarks have been filed for Pokémon Heart Gold and Pokémon Soul Silver.

Here's a picture of the player characters:

And there's some kind of new event in that one forest (the name of which I forget); it's apparently some kind of movie tie-in or something:

The full scans from corocoro will hit sometime in the next few days.
Those are some cool new stuff. can't wait to see those cut-scenes.
and a new pokegirl is always welcomed. probably appear at the series soon.
Spoiler:
I give it a week untill there is rule 34 of her

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 14, 2009, 10:34 AM Local time: May 14, 2009, 03:34 PM #21 of 26
Full scans from Famitsu:

Spoiler:

Closeups from Corocoro:

Spoiler:

Other new shit gleamed from the rumour mills that are Japanese imageboards (take with a pinch of salt):

- Pokemon in first slot will follow you
- Item menu now allocated to the touch screen
- Possible to assign more than one item hotkey
- Eusine, Crystal, Cynthia, Drake and Giovanni make reappearances
- Expanded storyline involving the red-headed rival from the original games
- All the gyms have been redesigned
- New TMs
- New radio channels
- Trainer house and battle frontier are in
- Pokemon contests are in
- Weather conditions on certain routes, new weather condition "gale"
- Minigames
- "Sky zones", whatever that means
- New forms for pre-existing Pokemon
- Celebi storyline

Frozen Memories
Mein Donnerkeil

Member 26940

Level 8.46

Dec 2007

Old May 23, 2009, 04:46 PM #22 of 26
Seeing as I LOVED the Gold/Silver games when I played them, I'm pretty excited for this. I'll need to wait for more solid information before putting it into my "must-buy" category. Hopefully they won't mess with the original TOO much, but I do understand that they have to add something for all the new pokemon fans to want to buy it.

Eh, no matter what, I'll probably fall in to the hype and buy it anyway.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2009, 10:23 PM #23 of 26
Why do people assume there will be a Crystal? We never got a remake of Yellow to go with Fire Red and Leaf Green.

FELIPE NO

"Out thought and out fought."
Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2009, 12:55 AM #24 of 26
I want to believe in a pokemon melting pot where all of this talk of race disappears one day

I <3 Cheryl.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:38 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 12:38 AM #25 of 26
If anyone was curious, it's been confirmed that you'll be able to visit Kanto in the remake; this time via bullet train.

What happened to good ol'-fashioned hiking through the damn mountains?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - All over my face, please