Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:30 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2009, 12:30 AM #76 of 141
You know, I always wondered about that bit where the Riddler says he's hacked into Batman's primitive communications so he can mock him with his riddles and whatnot...
Spoiler:
....but doesn't that mean that he can also listen in on Batman as well? During the whole time while Batman was talking to Oracle, he called her "Barbara" on more than a few occasions, she called him "Bruce" quite a few times, and she even referred to Commissioner Gordon as "Dad".

Wouldn't the Riddler have wondered about all that?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:12 PM #77 of 141
Spoiler:
Throughout the entire game, I can't recall one time when Batman ever responded to the Riddler directly.

My theory is he could have only hacked in to communicate with Batman and not listen in. Then whenever Batman solved a riddle or found a trophy, it sent a signal back to the Riddler letting him know which riddle was solved.

How ya doing, buddy?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2009, 09:24 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2009, 04:24 PM #78 of 141
Rumble in the Jungle on Extreme sucks
I got so close to 50,000 but I just can't keep a good combo going even while using the Titans. It's the last medal I need for Combat Challenges/100%, too.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2009, 08:17 AM #79 of 141
Try to concentrate mostly on the fights without the titans and try to rack up a huge combo without getting hit if possible but on the third round try to get a combo of 40x or more. I found the third round to be more crucial for the score and the first round is easy enough to get flawless bonus.
For the titan rounds you just have to worry about hitting as many enemies while you're on the titan's back and jumping across the screen to avoid them at close range.

EDIT:
Oh yeah almost forgot, they added another addon pack for free. Predator is hard as shit, and the freeflow is pretty fun.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2009, 01:40 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2009, 08:40 PM #80 of 141
Finished it yesterday. Grea great game! Very polished and wellmade, only thing that disappointed me was the last fight, I expected something a bit more special but the overall quality was great!
Will be a very hard to thing to top with a sequel.

no homo
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2009, 05:41 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2009, 12:41 PM #81 of 141
Try to concentrate mostly on the fights without the titans and try to rack up a huge combo without getting hit if possible but on the third round try to get a combo of 40x or more. I found the third round to be more crucial for the score and the first round is easy enough to get flawless bonus.
For the titan rounds you just have to worry about hitting as many enemies while you're on the titan's back and jumping across the screen to avoid them at close range.
Yarrr I ended up watching some video to see what someone else tried and managed to get the score late last night...pretty much all depended on my Freeflow/Dark Knight bonuses in the first round. I think I got 23,000 there, another 10,000 in Round 2. Round 3 I got hit a few times but still managed to come away with 41,000 and I just barely squeaked out the 50,000 in the end.

Just gotta beat on Hard and I'll have completed the game for achievements. Game is so good, though. I don't invest much time in Batman but I love all the little things they put in and the Joker makes me laugh every time he chimes in with a new message.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 03:02 AM #82 of 141
This is the first game I've actually finished in a long time. It's pretty much everything I'd want in a Batman game. And for once, I actually do want to go back and beat it on the harder modes just for kicks.

I also agree that it'll be hard for any kind of sequel to top it. Everything in this just kind of flowed and made sense. To expand it to a whole city or anything like that would kind of ruin the feel of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 03:20 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 10:20 AM #83 of 141
I would love to see a sequel with this level of polish and thought, and with more batvillains to fight. And I do mean actually fight this time around instead of having them just send minions at you. I don't see it being that hard to do even outside Arkham.

Finished the game last night, it was very, very good. I wouldn't name it GOTY material, it had a lot of niggles that prevent it from being anything above a solid 8/10. The last third was also slightly flat, just ambush gang fight after ambush gang fight and then two disappointing boss fights almost back to back. It was still entertaining and the atmosphere truly is something else.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:31 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 05:31 PM #84 of 141
Man, if there is a sequel, I would love to see Two-Face and whatever he's got to throw at Batman. But if they do throw Joker back at us as the main villain, I'd love Games Radar's idea to see a tussle in an abandoned Amusement Park a la The Killing Joke.

Read Games Radar's article on who they think might be in the next game and where it could take place, if there is one:

Games Radar: Which Villains will Appear in Batman Arkham Asylum 2?

Verrry interesting....

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:48 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 02:48 AM #85 of 141
If there will be a second installment, I would like to see Hush make an appearance.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:51 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 03:51 AM 2 #86 of 141
If there will be a second installment, I would like to see Hush make an appearance.
Only if that appearance is him walking across a street, and then he is immediately struck by a bus.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:49 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 12:49 PM #87 of 141
Yeah, i liked the Hush story arc and all but it wouldnt work in a game. Actually it would be like this one since Hush got all the bad guys to do dirty work like Joker did..

It's a pretty fair guess that Two-face will be the bad guy since they namedropped him in the end..

no homo
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:21 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 02:21 PM 1 #88 of 141
I like how they announce Two-Face is on a rampage, has killed two police officers and escaping a bank heist and Batman is all "Well, good night, suckers! Hope you do ok!" and c-fly's off.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:29 AM #89 of 141
Well, really. What's Two-Face gonna do that the regular Gotham PD can't handle? Last I checked he wasn't exactly rockin' superpowers or even themed gadgetry. He's not especially strong or unusually clever. He's just a crazy violent guy who's only really remarkable because his face is so fucked up. Plug him with a tranq dart and call it a night. He's important to the canon, such as it is, but a serious threat he's not.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:44 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 06:44 AM #90 of 141
You know, on this note of being slightly critical of the Dark Knight's universe, I've been reading his comics a long time. It wasn't until I read all the entries of the characters in this game I realised just how many fucking people there are who have had lives parallel to Batman except they're villains. Like every second guy has the phrase "parallel to the dark knight's." Does anyone in Gotham not have murdered parents?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:46 AM #91 of 141
As much as I like this game, I'm really sour toward the whole "Batman is stuck on a fucking Gears Of War island" thing. Its a pretty retarded game and story mechanic. I'm not saying the sequel should be a sandbox game - Spider-Man 3 attempted that and succeeded and failed for various reasons - but Jesus Christ, so much of the game is just goddamned MacFarlane Toys design.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:47 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 06:47 AM #92 of 141
As much as I like this game, I'm really sour toward the whole "Batman is stuck on a fucking Gears Of War island" thing. Its a pretty retarded game and story mechanic. I'm not saying the sequel should be a sandbox game - Spider-Man 3 attempted that and succeeded and failed for various reasons - but Jesus Christ, so much of the game is just goddamned MacFarlane Toys design.
I'm going to be honest. After the first five minutes I was just gleefully clapping and giggling whenever Conroy or Luke read a line. I couldn't tell you the story at all, really. I wouldn't care what happened in a sequel as long as they brought them back. I will play Batman II: Batman vs the Calculator, Ten-Eyed Man, Crazy Quilt and Kite Man if they bring back Conroy and Skywalker.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Sep 28, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:53 AM #93 of 141
Does anyone in Gotham not have murdered parents?
Batgirl.

Spoiler:
But she's a cripple now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:56 AM #94 of 141
I'm going to be honest. After the first five minutes I was just gleefully clapping and giggling whenever Conroy or Luke read a line. I couldn't tell you the story at all, really. I wouldn't care what happened in a sequel as long as they brought them back. I will play Batman II: Batman vs the Calculator, Ten-Eyed Man, Crazy Quilt and Kite Man if they bring back Conroy and Skywalker.
While its nice to have them back, something about it feels half-assed. Why did they invite them back and... get a cast of entirely different voice actors for everyone else? Its only Conroy, Hamill and Sorkin that are carryovers from the cartoon series.

I'm all for them getting work and more than all for more good Batman games, but if you're going to hire voiceactors from the series, you should make the game more like that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:01 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 07:01 AM #95 of 141
While its nice to have them back, something about it feels half-assed. Why did they invite them back and... get a cast of entirely different voice actors for everyone else? Its only Conroy, Hamill and Sorkin that are carryovers from the cartoon series.

I'm all for them getting work and more than all for more good Batman games, but if you're going to hire voiceactors from the series, you should make the game more like that.
I see your point, but you have to see mine where I'd deal with Mr. Mxyzptlk voiced by Andy Dick to hear Conroy play Batman.

FELIPE NO

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:15 AM #96 of 141
I see your point, but you have to see mine where I'd deal with Mr. Mxyzptlk voiced by Andy Dick to hear Conroy play Batman.
Yeah, well. Brock Peters never got to play Ghost Rider like I wanted, so I guess we can't get everything in life.

How ya doing, buddy?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:19 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 03:19 PM #97 of 141
But didn't anyone hear Hamill's recent interview regarding Arkham and Darksiders, about how this is his last role as the Joker so he went all out. Either he didn't think there'd be a sequel or he already knows there won't be one with the Joker in it. Or he just doesn't want to play The Joker any more. It's amusing how his role in Darksiders is the exact same voice.

Gametrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

around 19:55 or so

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Sep 28, 2009 at 08:21 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:23 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 07:23 AM #98 of 141
Yeah, well. Brock Peters never got to play Ghost Rider like I wanted, so I guess we can't get everything in life.
Are you insinuating this...

...actor, no. Artist, did a sub-par job?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:30 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 03:30 PM #99 of 141
He's such a huge fan too, has a tattoo and everything. How could he do poorly on something he so obviously admires?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:32 AM #100 of 141
Are you insinuating this... actor, no. Artist, did a sub-par job?
Well, it is what it is with Nic Cage. He has done some excellent work in the past - its just that no one here has seen Lord Of War.

Brock Peters played Darth Vader in a way that made Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet look timid and restrained. Thats exactly what old Flamehead should be about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum