Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 03:20 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 12:20 PM #51 of 141
Also, how the hell do you get high points on the challenge modes involving fights? I got perfect dark knight on a couple and still only got 6-7k. Do I need to chain throws and shit? I avoid those because they leave you open like nobody's business :x
You have to use lots of different moves in your combos, and try to go for the Flawless Freeflow Bonus every time. Basically if you use every move Batman has in a single combo, at the end of the round you get a Variation Bonus of around 8 or 9, giving you an extra 3500 or 5000 respectively per round. Make sure to Ground Pound whenever you get a chance to do so safely. It's a x100 multiplier. Flawless Freeflow isn't an absolute necessity, but if you can at least get around a 20 to 30 hit combo incorporating as many of the different moves as you can, the Variation Bonus will definitely help.

This is basically my problem.

I'll be doing a combo and the next thing you know Batman bitch-kicks some dude from across the map in the face... but it only happens when I don't want it to and it always kills the combo I'm trying to achieve. I can't seem to get higher than 10x.
When that happens, just try to aim towards the crowd with your next attack. You should almost always do another crazy leap across the map.

Most amazing jew boots
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 03:56 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 01:56 PM #52 of 141
This is basically my problem.

I'll be doing a combo and the next thing you know Batman bitch-kicks some dude from across the map in the face... but it only happens when I don't want it to and it always kills the combo I'm trying to achieve. I can't seem to get higher than 10x.
Well that's the thing. You gotta pay attention to where and who you're aiming at in a fight, as well as who is up still and who is the biggest threat. If you see a guy across the room ready to toss a tv at you or going for a gun, shit yeah, go knock his ass down, but you can just as easily aim back to the other guys and fly over to start pummeling again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 05:25 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 03:25 PM #53 of 141
The one with weapons too. Like Jess said, anyone with a knife, a gun or something to toss is first priority. The pipe is okay though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:05 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2009, 12:05 AM #54 of 141
Just finished the game. It was unbelievably awesome! I just don't know how they're gonna top this one (if they do actually make a sequel). Including all those easter eggs was a great idea, and I had fun searching for every one.

Are the endings random? I got...
Spoiler:
....the Scarecrow one.

Also, I've read online that there was supposedly something interesting in Arkham Mansion after completing the game, regarding the body.....
Spoiler:
....in the body-bag nearby Dr. Young's office - it's one of the riddles which you solve by scanning the toe-tag to reveal that the body belongs to Ra's Al Ghul. The article mentions that after the game when you go back there, the body will be missing - supposedly Ra's supporters stole the body so it can be rejuvenated again in a Lazarus Pit. But everytime I go back there, the body is still there. Anybody else notice this?

Mark Hamill will always be my favorite Joker. Some of the lines he had were funny as hell! One of my favorites: Come on, boys, he's just one man! One man dressed like a lunatic and armed to the teeth. (giggles) Go get him!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:30 PM #55 of 141
There are three endings, all random.
I finally got 100% in challenges, the last extreme combat challenge was surprisingly a bitch. Every time I went through it I ended up with 48k points and only increased by a mere 100 points every time. Pretty much had to pull off 40x hit combos in the first and third round to finally get sixty thousand. Practicing these changes makes story mode much easier, you can pull off perfect combos all the time.
The predator challenges were pretty easy once you knew what to do and they were more fun than the combats.
Theres new DLC on the way this thursday. It's only going to be two new challenges but I have nothing else to do with this game so I may as well try em out.
The combat style of this game looks like it would be good for a co-op side scroll brawler so I was hoping some feature like that.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:23 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2009, 03:23 PM #56 of 141
The three secret endings are:

Spoiler:
Croc's hand grabbing the titan. Scarecrow's hand grabbing the Titan. Bane's hand grabbing the Titan.

I got Croc.

I beat it. Love the level of difficulty on Normal. Love the voice acting. Love pretty much everything about it. I doubt I'll bother with all the challenge things, because I largely don't care about that stuff. However, an absolute blast to play. Two thumbs way, WAY up.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:07 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2009, 11:07 AM #57 of 141
Understandable not necessarily caring about the challenge rooms, but I'd say give them a look as they're actually a lot of fun and do provide a nice set of challenges based on two of the core gameplay elements. There is a lot of satisfaction to be had from pulling of some mammoth combos and clearing a room whilst dealing with knife or stun-baton wielding bastards.

It's good to see a whole bunch of people here have been playing the game, but it still feels like too few. This is a great game and far too many people for my liking on GFF seem to be overlooking it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:22 PM #58 of 141
Not everyone is a fan of Batman, or maybe they are playing but they just don't want to talk about it. I started the game on Hard difficulty at the beginning of the week and completed it today. Playing through the challenge maps really prepared me for it. I probably would have died much more than I did.

I might play through it a third time down the road so I can get the rest of the trophies I missed. I also like that little scrolling update at the bottom of the title screen saying how many days are left until the free DLC comes out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:38 PM #59 of 141
It's good to see a whole bunch of people here have been playing the game, but it still feels like too few. This is a great game and far too many people for my liking on GFF seem to be overlooking it.
I played the PC demo and I enjoyed it thoroughly! I really wish I could afford to buy it, and pirating this particular game has some funny consequences.

(My computer could also stand to be a little more powerful, but that leads us back to the money issue.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:34 AM #60 of 141
I had problems doing combos for a while until I settled down and tried not to button mash. Batman flew across the room and destroyed my combos when I button mashed at random enemies (I kept getting low 30s, but then Batman would punch air randomly, or he would kick someone instead of countering and do the counter pose to break the combo).

Slowing it down to about a button press a second instead of four a second made it easier to think out a strategy as I was going from one enemy to the next. Still working on the fighting challenge rooms, but I thought the predator challenge rooms were a blast.

I also need to try Freeflow Perfection (doing one of each move in a single combo). Not really looking forward to it honestly, though I hear it isn't as bad as it seems.

As for the story itself, I thought it was great.
Spoiler:
The scarecrow boss battles were awesome. Though I definitely do wish Croc and Mr. Zsasz had better boss fights.

Like, I don't think the Zsasz fights were really boss fights, you beat him in one move each time.

Anyway, working on plowing through the game on hard this weekend.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:52 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2009, 06:52 AM #61 of 141
No being funny, but I don't see how you were making it to low 30s of a combo by mashing buttons 4 times a second. This is certainly a game that has no place for any kind of button mashing in its fighting stuff and any sort of mashing lead to a very quick combo-breaker in my early experience with the game.

Most amazing jew boots
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:56 AM #62 of 141
No being funny, but I don't see how you were making it to low 30s of a combo by mashing buttons 4 times a second. This is certainly a game that has no place for any kind of button mashing in its fighting stuff and any sort of mashing lead to a very quick combo-breaker in my early experience with the game.
I was able to get 20s pretty easy early on, even with button mashing, but the first instance of making low 30s and actually trying for the Freeflow 40x was pretty much near end game.

Spoiler:
The henchmen party thing. 16 henchmen just waiting for you to beat on them.

Granted, I tried a good 10-12 times. I probably died 4-5 times (Normal) and the highest I got was 34 until I ended up punching air. Pretty much said screw it afterward, though.

Ended up getting the x40 in one of the challenges after I figured out how to critical hit people at will.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:42 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2009, 01:42 AM #63 of 141
Though it only applies to PS3 owners, I got the 40 hit combo in one of Joker's Combat Challenge Rooms. The guards seem to be easier to deal with because none of them carry those bullshit knives and stun batons. It's wholly possible to get it in the part Ryuu mentioned, but it's harder because of the cramped area.

Freeflow Perfection isn't that hard to get. I suggest trying it on the first Extreme level. You can do it in the first round.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:39 AM #64 of 141
I actually got the 40x combo on my second playthrough on hard mode when batman first enters the mansion and the thugs are looking for the notes. There were plenty of them across the room, it took some trial and error but I got it.
As WolfDemon said, the first extreme challenge is ideal for freeflow perfection. They don't have guns, or knives or anything so it's pretty simple. I always start off with the batclaw since that leave you the most vulnerable in the middle of a fight so it's safest to use it right away. I also have the habit of double tapping for a quick batarang and that destroys the combo so just make sure to give one quick tap. I usually only use it after a counter or a takedown because the action slows down enough that I can rotate the camera and plan out where to throw it and then attack the next enemy and possibly get a ground takedown this way.
It sounds complicated at first but once you get the flow of batmans gadgets and combat style it becomes easier to know when to use them.

New Record!
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:55 AM #65 of 141
My problem is that I've had issues executing the throw and take down moves. I don't know if it's my friend's controller or I'm just doing it wrong, but I can't seem to execute them well when I'm given the prompt to.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:59 AM #66 of 141
...after I figured out how to critical hit people at will.
Please impart your wisdom upon me, sir.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:17 PM #67 of 141
Has anyone been able to download the new maps today? I keep checking the PS Store and the only DLC available is the Joker Challenge Maps, but nothing about Insane Knight.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:22 PM #68 of 141
PSN updates are screwy, usually updates at 6 eastern time.
I tried the new maps, I like the freeflow challenge. It's like the scarecrow challenge except you keep going until you drain your life instead of a one hit knockout. Those little grabbing bastards are actually in the challenge and this time they are actually annoying as fuck. You can't get an instant takedown on them, you have to get a ground takedown but good luck with that because 10 other enemies will stop you.
The predator one is pretty hard too, not sure how to get the 3 medals yet.

New Record!
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:02 AM #69 of 141
Please impart your wisdom upon me, sir.
"At will" is an exaggeration, of course, but all you need is the "Critical Combo Strikes" upgrade (didn't check to see if you've beaten the game yet, but you can get it anytime), and that's pretty much it.

After a x3 in a combo, just time your presses, one per enemy, instead of mashing them, and they'll land as critical hits (giving you the +2 instead of the +1 for any other hit). Simple enough.

Just practice in the challenge rooms if you're having trouble, but it's pretty straight forward and make getting x40 really, really easy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:20 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2009, 03:20 AM #70 of 141
Isn't it x5 and then CCS kicks into gear?

My highest was 27.. on normal gameplay. Will do challenges soon.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:10 PM #71 of 141
Isn't it x5 and then CCS kicks into gear?

My highest was 27.. on normal gameplay. Will do challenges soon.
No, it's a minimum of x3. I think it's easier for the critical strikes to kick in the closer it is to a x5, but I usually get it after I get to x4. And, yes, I just tried it, and it triggered after x3 in one of the challenge modes, but it was only after my initial combo was broken, and I was trying to build another one up, so I don't know.

Usually for me, it's x3 punches to one enemy, which knocks him down. Countering a second enemy, which brings me up to x4, and then critical striking everyone after that with regular attacks.

To my knowledge, doing other moves (throws, takedowns, ground & pounds, etc.) shouldn't have an effect on your ability to get critical strikes, but they won't register as one. So, if you're trying for x40, it may be easier just punching and countering (with maybe some jumping or stunning if you really want).

Also, Sewer Bat Challenge (Extreme) - 1st Round was where I got my x40 trophy (PS3).

FELIPE NO
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:54 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2009, 01:54 AM #72 of 141
The new challenge maps dlc were pretty intense. That combat one where you keep fighting until you collapse was fun. Heck, I could play that over and over!

The predator map was cool too, though I'm not sure how to do the one task of doing an inverted takedown while smashing through the glass floors? Are you supposed to blow up the glass first or something? Or do you just go through? And is it through both floors or just one? Either way, it just doesn't seem to work....

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:02 PM #73 of 141
It would only work for me through the top glass floor. What you want to try to do is start off by going through the vents. You'll come up behind a wall you can blow up with the explosive gel on the floor that's between the two glass floors. Spray the gel on that wall, then make your way out of the vents and up to the gargoyles. Swing over to the gargoyle that is above the glass floors.

Now at this point, I got lucky and the guard was underneath me so I was able to do the inverted takedown through the glass without having to blow up the wall. However if you're not that lucky, go ahead and blow up the wall and the inmates will go to inspect. That's your best chance to get at least one inmate directly underneath you for the inverted takedown and just hope it's not the guy in red because you want to take him out last as per the objectives.

It took me a bit to figure out. I was unable to go through both glass floors for the inverted takedown, nor was i able to blow the top glass floor and do the inverted takedown on an inmate through the bottom glass floor.

I hope that helps. And yes, the new DLC maps are great. It was a pain in the ass though on the endless one since they included the crazies.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2009, 06:08 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2009, 01:08 PM #74 of 141
God, you people suck.

"This game is so great."
"This game is so awesome."

Just bought another game I don't know when to squeeze in.
Should arrive in a week or so for my PS3

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:05 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2009, 03:05 PM #75 of 141
I'm the other way around, I played Ys I & II on the weekend, waiting for the game to arrive in the mail. Didn't arrive on Monday, so I started Oath in Felghana, thinking it would still take a while to get here. Arrived yesterday to minirage. Luckily finished Oath last night so it's Batman tiem tonight~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum