Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:41 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 10:41 PM #101 of 385
Tekken 6 for the PSP? Finally something entertaining to play while on the shitter!
I take it you don't own a DS, then.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:04 PM #102 of 385
I take it you don't own a DS, then.
I do. Just finished all the games that I currently own.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:27 PM #103 of 385
I do. Just finished all the games that I currently own.
Then you obviously need a flash cart.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 01:18 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 06:18 AM 5 #104 of 385
Then you obviously need a flash cart.
Yes because naturally the solution to "I've completed all the games I own" is "Well then you need to pirate some games" not "Buy some more". -__-

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:03 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 10:03 AM #105 of 385
But Omagnus, if he wasn't going to buy them anyway then they've not lost out on any revenue have they? Everyone's a winner!

/me minimises the window on his pirated copy of Civ IV and acts nonchalant

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:36 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 11:36 AM #106 of 385
Sticking it to da man, hell yeah.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:58 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 06:58 AM #107 of 385
Bionic Commando demo is live. See you guys on there.

EDIT: Holy shit, the grappling mechanics aren't that bad!

EDIT 2: Online competitive play sucks, though. Is there going to be online co-op in the full game? That might have potential.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:46 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 03:46 PM #108 of 385
Since there's probably a bunch of us who will be chatting about this game more over the next few days I've put up a new thread for BC discussion:

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/vi...-commando.html

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:19 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 07:19 AM #109 of 385
I would have posted this in the Call of Duty 4 thread, but really that thing is long dead and so I'll stick it here.

Now I like Infinity Ward as a dev, and I love me some Call of Duty 4 since it is a fantastic game and the online MP was some of the best going until the number of cheaters and glitches became too many for it to be any fun anymore. In the world of "Where was this a fucking year ago?!" news, IW are finally attempting to patch the game to stop cheaters.

Quote:
According to @fourzerotwo, Infinity Ward is in the final stages of crafting a patch that will take aim at cheaters on the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4. The patch is in the certification process right now and should hit the battlefield soon, so if you've found yourself on the receiving end of a nasty cheat (with 15 million players, odds are you have), know that reinforcements are on the way.
[ source ]

I mean really, seriously, where the fuck was this a year ago?! This is very much a case of too little, waaaaaay too late. Right now I'd rather they spend their time make sure people can't glitch and cheat the fuck out of Modern Warfare 2.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:36 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 01:36 AM #110 of 385
I know the submission process is bullshit, but the PC version had these fixes a year back. While I'm appreciative, too little, waaaay too late is the understatement of the year.

Maybe they'll add a delay in fire rate for some weapons so assholes with shit like this end up losing out.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:00 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 12:00 PM 2 #111 of 385
Maybe they'll add a delay in fire rate for some weapons so assholes with shit like this end up losing out.
I think they lost out the day they spent $130 just to improve their reload rate in a computer game.

FELIPE NO
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:26 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 07:26 AM #112 of 385
Oh nice, maybe once this patch is out, my idiot friends will go back to CoD4 so I won't have to play CoD:WaWateredDown anymore.

Most amazing jew boots
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:31 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 02:31 PM #113 of 385
This doesn't warrant it's own thread but this weekend Microsoft are throwing the Xtival, the best part of which is all silver memberships count as gold for the weekend so Qwarky can play people online for a couple of days. I imagine there'll also be some new dlc, probably for the music games and maybe a new t-shirt or some shit for your avatar.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:19 AM #114 of 385
Yes because naturally the solution to "I've completed all the games I own" is "Well then you need to pirate some games" not "Buy some more". -__-
Most of us are cheap asses these days. Such as myself.

Not all of us have money to blow on games.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:35 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 02:35 PM #115 of 385
Most of us are cheap asses these days. Such as myself.
First of all, don't say 'most' when you're speaking on your own behalf alone. There may be other 'cheap asses' here who think like you, but unless you're the head of some union you're representing own opinion, nothing more.

Also I wasn't mocking the fact that you choose to pirate games, more the fact that your default move to running out of games was 'well you need to pirate some'. You may not be able to afford to buy brand new games, and that sucks for you, but that doesn't make that attitude OK.

Regardless, all this is discussion for another thread, it certainly doesn't belong in the news thread, so if you want to continue this please feel free to start a thread on it or PM me.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:49 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 04:49 PM 1 #116 of 385
I couldn't find any women to sleep with me last weekend so I did the obvious thing and raped some bitch. I mean, it's not like her pussy healed up after or anything, she can still use it so it's a victimless crime right?

Some people would say that if you can't afford luxury items like games then you should go without until you can afford them. Hell, it's not like games are even that expensive these days. I remember paying £60 for Killer Instinct when it came out in the 90's. You can get three new games for that now, not even taking into consideration inflation.

Anyway, in more exciting news Ubisoft have announced their lineup for the coming year and there's a new Ghost Recon game in it. Also Splinter Cell, Red Steel and Assasin's Creed (Which we all knew about anyway). No mention of a new Rainbow game but they tend to stagger Rainbow and GR games from one year to the next as they're pretty interchangeable. The new one is tagged GR4 (GRAW being 3) which suggests a fundemental departure of some sort from GRAW although there wasn't a huge step up from GR and Island Thunder to GR2 and Summit Strike. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this because I fucking love Tom Clancy games, even if they are all the same.

Which reminds me, I really ought to play GRAW 2 at some point.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:58 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 03:58 PM #117 of 385
I saw some news today that had Ubisoft saying that they're starting to prepare for the next generation of games consoles. Fuck that. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't even feel like we're even at the mid-point of this generation's life yet, let alone near ready to be thinking about another one.

I'm amused by Splinter Cell being mentioned again, since I'd assumed that had slipped off the face of the planet. Will be interesting to see what sort of shape it appears in once they start showing something.

Most amazing jew boots
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:19 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 10:19 AM #118 of 385
Two years ago they showed their Jack Bauer Sam Fisher hiding in plain sight stealth Splinter Cell that looked hilariously bad, then like you said, it fell off the face of the earth. Hopefully they've spent the last couple of years ditching that idea and making something that isn't retarded.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:33 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 05:33 PM #119 of 385
Two years ago they showed their Jack Bauer Sam Fisher hiding in plain sight stealth Splinter Cell that looked hilariously bad, then like you said, it fell off the face of the earth. Hopefully they've spent the last couple of years ditching that idea and making something that isn't retarded.
Wasn't that supposed to be called Splinter Cell:Conviction or something? I remember seeing some screenshots of the guy in it running around an office building and jumping through a window or something dressed in jeans. If memory serves it looked like Stranglehold with less action in it.

FELIPE NO
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:39 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 10:39 AM #120 of 385
Yeah, that's the one. Nothing says stealth like a guy walking through a crowded park in the middle of the day.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:56 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 10:56 AM #121 of 385
I saw some news today that had Ubisoft saying that they're starting to prepare for the next generation of games consoles. Fuck that. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't even feel like we're even at the mid-point of this generation's life yet, let alone near ready to be thinking about another one.
I tend to think of this as a good thing, most internal Ubi games are lucky to be development for half an hour before they're shit out onto a conveyor belt, so something with some degree of work effort thought put in instead of diarrhea in a jar like usual might be a good thing.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Apr 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:07 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 10:07 AM #122 of 385
For anyone here who still doesn't have the game at all, or only has the 360 version, this Friday (i.e., tomorow), Steam is offering Left 4 Dead for the low low price of $0. That's a Zero, not an o.

The catch? Its more like a glorified demo: The promotion, called "Freaky Free Friday" will allow Steam users to download the entire game for free and play it for 24 hours before it becomes locked, at which point gamers will have to cough up the cash to continue playing.

If some among you are curious what the noise about this game is all about, this provides a good opportunity to try out the game, for a very reasonable price.

The official announcement from Steam's website:

Quote:
"Beginning Friday at 12:01 am GMT, the PC version of Left 4 Dead will be available for a free 24-hour trial via Steam. The free trial will include access to the recently released Survival Pack DLC, which introduces a new multiplayer game mode and two additional Versus campaigns. Those who wish to give L4D and the Survival Pack a try may now pre-load everything needed to play with no obligation to purchase."
Source:
The Escapist : News : Left 4 Dead 4 Free 4 24 Hours
Kotaku - Left 4 Dead Will Be Free! (For 24 Hours) - Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead on Steam

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:28 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 07:28 PM #123 of 385
Now no one has an excuse not to try this. They could download and try just to see how it runs on their computer.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:30 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 06:30 PM #124 of 385
I tend to think of this as a good thing, most internal Ubi games are lucky to be development for half an hour before they're shit out onto a conveyor belt, so something with some degree of work effort thought put in instead of diarrhea in a jar like usual might be a good thing.
I saw the same announcement in Edge. It was pretty thin on details though so it could just be corporate hot air (Given that it came from their annual report) or it could mean they're upping the number of polys in the Rabbid models in anticipation of Nintendo managing a resolution better than VGA with their next console. I doubt that the announcement is in any way tied to any actual game development, there's a lot more than two years left in the current generation. Hell, there was another article on the Edge website with Sony claiming the PS3 will be number one console in five years, hardly the announcement of a company planning on superceding it in a couple of years.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:34 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2009, 11:34 AM #125 of 385
Well, obviously it's literally just them pondering over unfinalized tech specs, but even if all they do is even contemplate a fucking tech demo, that's still far more effort put in than the average Ubi brick of condensed dog shit in a box that lines our store shelves.

I am merely joking about how garbage they are, not making any serious comment regarding anything else

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature