Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:52 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2009, 01:52 PM #51 of 385
Luke, excellent news my boy, there's another trilogy of Layton games in the work.

Quote:
You guys are going to be furious about this. Now, instead of two Professor Layton sequels (and one movie) that have yet to appear outside of Japan, there are three. The latest Famitsu has unveiled Professor Layton and the Devil's Flute, a new puzzle adventure from Level-5 starring Luke and the Professor. It appears to be a new game just like the previous ones, and not a DSiWare calculator or anything.

Oh, and it's the beginning of a new trilogy, so two more are coming. Perhaps this continued support for the series in Japan will influence the decision processes of Nintendo's offices worldwide. Or perhaps we should just get used to feeling despondent every time we see a tall hat.
[ source ]

This is excellent news, though a tad annoying, because I'm desperately waiting for them to get number 2 out in English (come on guys, how long must we wait?).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:33 AM #52 of 385
I saw a commercial for Layton on TV recently. Looked like they were pushing this game hard for the ladies. I may be a piratefag but I did my part and bought myself a copy of Layton. I think it's still in its shrinkwrap because I've been playing it off an on via my Cyclo. Hopefully by the time I actually get around to finishing it they announce bringing the rest of the games over.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:35 AM #53 of 385
Play Animal Crossing? Well according to the Mid Missouri internet task force that makes you a pedo... ugh.

Online task force: Adults shouldn't play Animal Crossing - Ars Technica

Quote:
"There is no reason an adult should have this game," Andy Anderson told ABC News, via GamePolitics. Anderson believes that any adults playing Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii are most likely doing it for the wrong reasons, suggesting that the majority of these adult gamers are actually child predators.
Why can't people who don't know what they're talking about keep their mouths shut? I don't like Animal Crossing myself, but that's just retarded. I mean, what about all the people who played the original before it even had internet capability?

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Out thought and out fought."
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:06 AM #54 of 385
Yeah, Missouri is onto me. Why can't a grown man collect fruit-based furniture in peace?

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:56 AM #55 of 385
Ah crap. I usually don't look in the sewers. Didn't realize it was already mentioned.

FELIPE NO

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:18 AM #56 of 385
Somehow I don't think anyone can blame you for not checking the Sewers before posting gaming news.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:53 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2009, 09:53 AM #57 of 385

Missouri needs to screen its employees better for the crazy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2009, 07:46 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2009, 12:46 PM #58 of 385
Something to perhaps pique Q's interest, it seems Max Payne 3 is on the way for winter time:

Quote:
Take-Two has announced that Max Payne 3 is in development at Rockstar Vancouver and will be released for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this winter.

The game was originally mooted all the way back in 2004, but things have been quiet since. Original developer Remedy is not involved by the sound of it.

While specific details about MP3 are thin on the ground, we're told that gritty, trenchcoat-loving grumpy-guts Max is now retired but still "embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence".

In fact, Max has left New York behind, and having been double-crossed, is now trapped "in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out".
[ source ]

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:55 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2009, 12:55 PM #59 of 385
Any fans of Tim Schafer might want to check out this little web-based adventure game he's made: Double Fine Minigames! - Host Master and the Conquest of Humor?

Quote:
Double Fine boss Tim Schafer has made a free browser game that features himself as the main character and the Game Developers Choice Awards as the setting.

Schafer will host the real-life event in San Francisco tonight from 6.30pm PST, which is 2.30am GMT tomorrow morning for us lot.

Dubbed Host Master and The Conquest of Humour, the idea is to use old adventure commands to probe the environment for 22 jokes that Schafer can use while hosting the awards. He's forgotten to prepare anything, you see.

The game can be played on the Double Fine website now, and has been stuffed full of the familiar comedy and deft touches that earned Schafer his graphic adventure crown all those many moons ago.
[ source ]

Old Mar 25, 2009, 02:48 PM #60 of 385
Son of a bitch I'm stuck. I just found half a joke in the mirror.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:36 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2009, 12:36 PM #61 of 385
GDC Game Awards time, and it's Fallout 3 that claims the big prize:

Quote:
The ninth annual Game Developers Choice Awards ceremony on Wednesday had seen UK developer Media Molecule collect the most prizes, yet it was Bethesda Softwork’s Fallout 3 which had won the coveted Game of the Year Award.

As Fallout 3 had already lost out to LittleBigPlanet for the Best Game Design award, Bethesda’s chances were not looking particularly bright. Yet the team managed to see off competition from Media Molecule’s award magnet, along with the BAFTA-winning Fable 2, Valve’s Left 4 Dead and Grand Theft Auto 4.

As well as picking up Game of the Year, the Maryland-based outfit was handed the prize for best writing, going up against the likes of Braid, GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4.

LittleBigPlanet had been nominated in seven separate categories and had taken four awards including Best Technology, the Innovation Award, along with Best Debut Game (though the term ‘debut game’ was jokingly scrutinised by the Media Molecule team, who professed that they’d been “doing this shit for twenty years”).

Dead Space once again was praised for its superior audio work, while Prince of Persia took the award for Best Visual Art.

Braid and World of Goo were the leading nominees in the Best Downloadable Game category, yet 2D Boy proved the victor this time round, adding the prize to a mantelpiece already housing a number of deserved awards.

In what is surely a testament to the standard of quality that has surfaced in the last year, Rockstar North has again walked away from an awards ceremony empty-handed. Nominated in the categories of Best Writing, Best Technology and GOTY, the latest edition of Rockstar’s seminal series picked up nothing just weeks after doing the same at the 2009 BAFTA Game Awards.

Full list of winning nominees: for the 9th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards:

Game of the Year
Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

Best Game Design:
LittleBigPlanet (Media Molecule)

Best Writing:
Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

Best Technology:

Best Visual Arts:
Prince of Persia (Ubisoft Montreal)

Best Debut Game:

Best Handheld Game:
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus (Ready at Dawn)

Innovation Award:

Best Audio:
Dead Space (EA Redwood Shores)

Best Downloadable Game:
World Of Goo (2D Boy)
[ source ]

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 01:52 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 12:52 AM #62 of 385
Best Audio:
Dead Space (EA Redwood Shores)
It pleases me greatly to see some other folks noticed this. There's some truely great work done here from both an atmospheric and technical standpoint. I'm glad that the game has gotten at least some of the accolades it deserves.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:56 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2009, 01:56 PM #63 of 385
Maybe now Rockstar will go back to making games that are fun, as well as technically impressive.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:57 AM #64 of 385
Oddly, Square Enix has purchased Eidos.

Takeover: Square Enix Eidos Takeover Is Go

Quote:
Tomb Raider publisher Eidos will officially become part of Square Enix in May, as shareholders cast an overwhelming majority of votes in favor of the propsed takeover.

Eidos held their shareholders meeting yesterday, during which a vote was held to determine if the Square Enix takeover bid would be approved, with 85% percent of the company's stock represented in the voted. After an overwhelming majority voted in favor of the takeover, an Emergency General Meeting was held, during which the motion to accept the acquisition was approved.

So what happens now? According to the plan laid out by Eidos management, Eidos stock is delisted on April 21st, and by May 6th, everything Eidos belongs to Square Enix. That's when we start calling them Squidix.
I guess the big question is... how long before Lara Croft appears in Kingdom Hearts.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:14 AM #65 of 385
Considering only Square characters ie Final Fantasy characters have appeared thus far the chances are pretty damn low. Not that I care.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:00 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 07:00 PM #66 of 385
Yeah, they've not branched away from Final Fantasy so far so it looks unlikely. That said, Lara Croft is probably a more recognisable character than anyone from an Enix game (At least to the western market who I believe the Kingdom Hearts games are primarily aimed at) so never say never.

If we're really lucky, this aquisition will mean they'll release a sequel to Deathtrap Dungeon which is an awesome game, as well as being one of the most unfairly difficult games of all time. Again, it's unlikely but we can dream, right?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:17 AM Local time: Apr 17, 2009, 04:17 PM #67 of 385
Rumour time: it looks like there's rumours floating about the Internets suggesting that Marvel vs Capcom 2 could be heading to the XBLA (and one would assume the PSN too). Could turn out to be nothing, but fingers crossed, because that was an awesome game on the Dreamcast and I'd be down for picking it up again with some online multiplayer action.

Quote:
Xbox360Achievements has just given us a bit more reason to believe that an HD Remix of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is on the way -- or at least some kind of XBLA version. It's not hard to guess what kind of evidence would be found at that particular site: achievements!

The site has a list of twelve achievements for the frantic crossover fighter, worth 200 points total. Some of the challenges seem super fun, like "Berserker Barrage: Perform a 200 hit combo. (Multiplayer)" and achievements based on creating X-Men, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, and Avengers-only teams. We just hope, then, that these awesome achievements, and the new version of this awesome game, are real. If Capcom is able to get permission from Marvel for a rerelease, we have renewed hope for its ability to deal with all the Tatsunoko license holders. [OP Note: this list appears to have been removed now]

The retailer ShopTo reportedly provided another item of evidence, in the form of listings for a "Marvel Vs. Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick" for Xbox 360 and PS3, to be released in July. The listing has been removed from the site, and Mad Catz hasn't responded to our inquiries about it.
[ source ]

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:23 PM #68 of 385
Looool is that a Wolverine quote in that there achievement. I agree it needs more FUCK THE KNICKS and such though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

#654: Braixen
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:10 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2009, 02:10 PM #69 of 385
Max Payne 3 you say? That could be interesting. Gonna have to go with Shin (god help me) in saying that I hope it's more fun than the stuff they've released lately.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:59 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 12:59 AM 1 #70 of 385
Me and a mate used to session MvC2 in the arcade and the Dreamcast release was awesome too. Let's hope if this does come out it means they're gonna release Powerstone too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2009, 08:19 PM #71 of 385
Let's hope if this does come out it means they're gonna release Powerstone too.
That along with Project Justice would be the best gaming news I've heard in a long time.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:24 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2009, 02:24 PM #72 of 385
My PS1 Rival Schools Disk has finally given up the ghost now so that'd be a great addition to the service.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:12 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 06:12 PM #73 of 385
Bethesda's and Obsidian's sites don't have any news relating to this up yet, so for now, I guess it falls under rumor.
Since Bethesda have apparently just announced this at an event in London (source) then I think this moves from being a rumour to actual news.

Quote:
"It's not a sequel to Fallout 3, it's just another game in the universe, and it has no impact whatsoever on whatever Todd Howard and his team are working on," said Pete Hines.

"We approached Obsidian and they were, like, yeah. That was a pretty easy conversation. It's not Fallout Tactics, it's not Brotherhood of Steel; it's another RPG."

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:16 PM #74 of 385
If you liked Fallout 3, then you're going to love Bethesda's announcement of Fallout: New Vegas.

[ source ]

Bethesda's and Obsidian's sites don't have any news relating to this up yet, so for now, I guess it falls under rumor. I loved Fallout 3, so if this ends up being true, I'm definitely going to pick this up. While the announcement of a new game is pretty sweet, when the hell is the Broken Steel DLC supposed to be released?
Actually, I'd say that this caters more to the Fallout 1 and 2 fans.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:02 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 02:02 PM #75 of 385
Thank god. I was hoping they were working on ESV, which is highly likely their next game.

If you don't want to do multiplayer for it Bethesda, at least put coop in ESV thanks.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature