Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 3 thread of not this shit again, aka I HEARD YOU LIKE LEVELING DAWG

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:51 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 05:51 PM #26 of 29
I know a few people who have already traded it in. None of them are GFFers. All are personal friends except for one who is someone I met through Ronz. There is at least one other on the verge of it too, so. I suppose it is a bunch of people you aren't familiar with, though.

I'd say that there is better content but the default "everyone at least gets along with this one" statement is hard to argue against. I'm not saying I'm completely averse to the experience, I'm saying I have something I KNOW I'm going to enjoy more, even if the pool of people I'm playing with is that much smaller. So it's hard to go 'eh, when I know I've got a tonne of other crap to dig through and play in co-op and so forth.

Still considering it because playing with you and russ and Tails has been something that hasn't happened in a while.

UMvC might be better as a post-Christmas thing to be honest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:59 PM #27 of 29
Yeah, MW3 is probably honestly going to be our primary online game until fuck, Halo 4? I mean obviously there will be stuff in-between (like how we spent some time on Dead Island and Dungeon Defenders recently) but talking long-term. I'm just surprised that you balk at buying this given some of the other stuff you buy that you probably get way less usage out of.

Dude, UMvC3 is only $40 (unless that's different in Canada?), the guide is over 500 fucking pages, and it would give you a great excuse to break out your sweet Gradius stick. Also Phoenix Wright.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:36 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 06:36 PM #28 of 29
In this case usage is not analogous to enjoyment. I'm not really balking at it, it's that I know it'll frustrate me significantly at times. Wether or not that is mitigated by the time investment is sort of moot.

Example: MW2 was a "bad" purchase, despite spending 60ish online hours on it (estimate? Not sure if accurate.) time with you guys on it. I have no real fond memories of it. Black Ops was a good one, because that was actually fun.

Call of Duty takes a few weeks to really feel out to see if shit's going to devolve or not, and that's sort of why I'm still fence sitting on it. It's not the money. It's not even the time. It's "am I going to enjoy this on any realistic level as I play it or am I just going to get frustrated".

UMvC3 being after Christmas is a time/backlog/play priority concern, not a money one. I absolutely am going to be playing the crap out of Saint's Row, Mario Kart, Skyrim, and Skyward Sword before I even think about devoting time to relearning that game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:06 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2011, 11:06 PM #29 of 29
Well, from a multiplayer perspective, MW3 feels more like Black Ops than MW2. It is like they got Treyarch to do the maps or something. Actually, it is kind of like they got Treyarch to handle all of the multiplayer, it feels that much similar to Black Ops.

Now Spec Ops, however, is awesome. Crimson and I are almost halfway through the missions on veteran, and it has been really fun. Probably my favorite part of the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Modern Warfare 3 thread of not this shit again, aka I HEARD YOU LIKE LEVELING DAWG