Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure: REDUX

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2012, 01:25 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2012, 11:25 PM 1 #1 of 17
Gamingforce Music Exposure: REDUX

The concept is simple: You got an album that's so fuck-spangled awesome that you want everyone to listen to? Good. We want to listen to it. Post it here and we'll check it out. Then we'll get back to you and tell you that it sucks compared to Dark Side of the Moon. Posting format is written below in the quote box.

Regarding the old thread: After a bit of discussion, we figured it was best to close the old thread which was littered with dead links and broken images. None of you are new to this but, on the off-chance that we have new blood around, here's a quick rundown of the posting format:

Originally Posted by Example
Nujabes - Modal Soul
Label: Hyde Out Productions
Year: 2005
Genre: Hip-Hop

1. Feather
2. Ordinary Joe
3. Reflection Eternal
4. Luv (sic.) Pt. 3
5. Music Is Mine
6. Eclipse
7. The Sign
8. Thank You
9. World's End Rhapsody
10. Modal Soul
11. Flowers
12. Sea of Cloud
13. Light On The Land
14. Horizon
... along with a mini review of the album.

As was recommended in the last thread, it's recommended that you use any file sharing site of your choosing but, really, anything that's available will do: Soundcloud or Bandcamp pages and servies of the like or, given that most of us probably use that to some extent in the first place, a Spotify link will work as well. As always, if you like an album, please support the artist and buy their music if you can.

Share, enjoy, be good to each other and—most of all—have fun!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ALBUM LIST
(Updated... uh... often...)

Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens

C2C - Tetra

echolyn - echolyn

Hocus Pocus - 16 Pieces

Madvillain - Madvillainy

Strange Vine - Ghosts
Suave As Hell - Suave As Hell

Wax Tailor - Dusty Rainbow From The Dark

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:32 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2012, 11:32 PM #2 of 17
Hocus Pocus - 16 Pieces
Label: Phantasm Imports
Year: 2010
Genre: Hip-Hop

Hocus Pocus is a french group with strong jazz influences. On this album you'll find a mix of french and english lyrics with the occasional bossa nova style chorus. It's not a difficult record to listen, and actually very pleasant to the ears.

Download Link

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2012, 02:14 PM #3 of 17
echolyn - echolyn
Year: 2012
Label: Self-Released
Genre: Progressive Rock

1. Island
  2. Headright
  3. Locust to Bethlehem
  4. Some Memorial
  5. Past Gravity
  6. When Sunday Spills
  7. Speaking in Lampblack
  8. The Cardinal and I

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

echolyn is an American prog rock outfit from Pennsylvania. They've put out a few albums over the years, rising to prominence in prog circles with their 1992 album, Suffocating the Bloom, which weaved a deliciously eclectic tapestry and brought them many comparisons to Gentle Giant. Their 2012 self-titled release comes seven years after their last album.

echolyn is a great, great album. Definitely one of the better releases I've heard this year. They have a definite proggy vibe with the way their songs are constructed, but they sound much more accessible than most bands of their ilk. They've definitely toned down the eclecticness for this album, but it works in their favor. I hesitate to call this straightforward, but in the grand scheme of things, what stands out for me is how accessible it is, and that's the best word I can come up with. I hope you enjoy it!

Here's a link to their bandcamp page where you can listen to echolyn in its entirety.

If you want the album, PM me and I'll link you to my Dropbox account where it's currently living.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:29 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2012, 05:29 PM #4 of 17
Suave as Hell - Suave as Hell
Label: Sour Pop
Year: 2011
Genre: Rock, Pop, Revival

1. You Without Me
2. Tal Vez
3. Take Out Your Red Coat
4. Maravillas
5. Summertime
6. Tiger In A Cage
7. Be Brave
8. Life Of Joy
9. Forgotten Pool
10. Lessons To Fly

Suave As Hell is a mexican band with a soft spot for revival rock and nostalgic melodies. Think of The Magic Numbers without the female counterpart. Out of the 10 songs on this album 8 are sung in english, which I think it broadens their audience, which is a good thing. If you follow my advice and start listening to them I should point you to Take Out Your Red Coat, Tiger In A Cage and the spanish-english crossover Maravillas, which is my favorite.

The best thing is that the album is free for download at the band's Bandcamp:
Suave As Hell | Suave As hell

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2012, 07:50 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2012, 05:50 PM 1 #5 of 17
Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens
Year: 2007
Label: Sound In Color
Genre: Hip Hop

1. My World Is...
  2. The Narrow Path
  3. So(ul) Amazin' (Steel Blazin')
  4. Juicen' Dranks (feat. Ta'Raach)
  5. In Remembrance of Me
  6. Blu Colla Workers
  7. Dancing in the Rain
  8. First Things First (feat. Miguel)
  9. No Greater Love
  10. Show Me The Good Life (feat. Aloe Blacc)
  11. Simply Amazin'
  12. Cold Hearted (feat. Miguel)
  13. The World Is ... (Below The Heavens)
  14. You Are Now In The Clouds With ... (The Koochie Monstas) (feat. Miguel)
  15. I Am

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This album was my first introduction to either of these ridiculously talented artists. Exile (who would go on to have a dope resumé with several talented emcees after this album and also produced Fashawn's "Boy Meets World", an album which I've waxed lyrical about in the past and posted here as well) does an amazing job creating the perfect backdrops for Blu’s lyrics, as if he created each track to specifically match the given song topic. This is seen over and over again in the way the samples create an almost ethereal supporting dialogue with Blu who lyrically dropped an innumerable heartfelt verses and rhymes discussing all kinds of topics representative of life “below the heavens”. This was my favorite album of 2007.

TRYINA TELL MY FOLKS THAT FLOWIN' AIN'T EASY

Strange Vine - Ghosts
Year: 2010
Label: CDBY
Genre: Blues/Rock

1. Old Friend
  2. Justin's Song
  3. Ghosts
  4. Lonesome Trouble
  5. The Ending
  6. Sleepwalker
  7. Close Your Eyes

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Strange Vine are a two-piece jam band from Fresno, CA and are regular visitors to dives and venues that I frequent. The most impressive about this band is the amount of sound that they're able to produce with only two members and they channel a very grungy sound that would be the marriage of Neil Young's vocals with Clapton's guitar playing. They recently lost their friend and music mentor Corby Yates to suicide and haven't really been on the road but that's about to change really soon. If you happen to see them on a ticket for a local dive where you are, you should do yourself a favor and go see them, for they are a two-man sound army that topples houses everywhere they go.

I SAW YOU RUNNIN' WITH A GUN IN YOUR HAND

Wax Tailor - Dusty Rainbow From The Dark
Label: Le Plan
Genre: Electronic/Breaks

1. Exordium
  2. Dusty Rainbow
  3. Like An Hourglass
  4. Only Once
  5. Heart Stop
  6. Something Began To Glow
  7. NO
  8. A Stop Motion Bloom
  9. The Sound
  10. In The Mirror
  11. Past, Present & Futur (Rock 'n' Roll)
  12. Not Alone
  13. Down In Flames
  14. Time To Go
  15. Magic Number
  16. No Regret
  17. Phonovisions
  18. Into The Sky
  19. My Window
  20. From The Dark
  21. Heart Stop (Bonus)
  22. Time To Go (Bonus)

Wax Tailor established his reputation in just a few years as one of the leading voices of the post hip-hop and downtempo scenes. Returning with the concept album, Dusty Rainbow From The Dark, the French producer gives us a musical tale inspired in large part by the enchanted world of childhood. His fourth long player is also a charming allegory on the escapist power of music. Narrated by the legendary voice of Don McCorkindale (Radio BBC's The Avengers), featuring the likes of Aloe Blacc, Shana Halligan (Bitter:Sweet), Jennifer Charles (Dan The Automator's Lovage), as well as past collaborators Charlotte Savary, Sara Genn, Mattic, A.S.M, this multicolored fable with an international cast takes us on a wandering path through psychedelic downtempo and baroque hip-hop, to create an album that is at once modern and timeless.

ASK ME WHERE I'M GOIN' AND I'LL TELL YOU WHERE I'VE BEEN

Madvillain - Madvillainy
Year: 2004
Label: Stones Throw

1. Illest Villains
  2. Accordion
  3. Meat Grinder
  4. Bistro
  5. Raid
  6. America's Most Blunted
  7. Sickfit
  8. Rainbows
  9. Curls
  10. Do Not Fire!
  11. Money Folder
  12. Shadows Of Tomorrow
  13. Operation Lifesaver Aka Mint Test
  14. Figaro
  15. Hardcore Hustle
  16. Strange Ways
  17. Fancy Clown
  18. Eye
  19. Supervillain Theme
  20. All Caps
  21. Great Day Today
  22. Rhinestone Cowboy

At the time of its release, this long-awaited collaboration between producer/emcees Madlib and MF Doom, "Madvillainy" was the hip hop equivalent of a DC/Marvel dream team. It was a tense mainstream-meets-indie, avant-meets-antique monster mash that, as the opening sample suggests, plays on a "seminal connection that audiences can relate their experience in life with the villains and their dastardly doings." This album was so inexhaustibly brilliant, with layer-upon-layer of carefully considered yet immediate hip-hop, forward-thinking but always close to its roots. Madlib and Doom are individually at their most refined here, and together, they created one of the most exciting blockbuster alliances in the underground to date. This is still one of my top 10 hip hop albums of all time. Fuck what you heard.

GOT MORE RHYMES THAN A CHURCH GOT "OOOH LORDS!"

C2C - Tetra
Label: On and On
Genre: Electronic/Turntablism

1. The Cell
  2. Down The Road
  3. Kings Season Feat Blitz The Ambassador And Ledeunff
  4. Because Of You Feat Pigeon John
  5. Delta
  6. Who Are You Feat Olivier Daysoul
  7. Happy Feat Derek Martin
  8. Give Up The Ghost Feat Jay-Jay Johanson
  9. The Beat
  10. Genius Feat Gush
  11. Together Feat Blitz The Ambassador And Ledeunff
  12. Arcades
  13. Le Banquet Feat Kentaro And Netik And Rafik And Tigerstyle And Vajra
  14. F.U.Y.A.

This 4 piece group of turntablists from Nantes, France come together under the moniker, C2C, to create incredible music using only their turntables. They have been around for quite some time and were the Technics DMC World DJ Champions 4 years in a row! (2003-2006) While it seems they are already huge in France (150K+ fans on FB), it may not be the case in North America. One listen through Tetra, their very first studio album despite having been around as long as they have, and you will be begging for more. While there are some very notable features (Pigeon John, Olivier DaySoul, Blitz The Ambassador) on this album, the instrumental tracks easily hold their own — in fact some of the instrumental only tracks on this album are the big standouts.

WHEN THAT TRAIN ROLL UP, BABY, I START WALKIN' OUT...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:39 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2012, 10:39 AM #6 of 17
The Patinettes - Bliss
Year: 2011
Label: Self released
Genre: Rock, Pop, Revival

01. Mystic Monkey
02. The Man With The Electric Flag
03. Whisky Galore
04. Milky Day
05. Brainless
06. The Cigarette Song
07. Persons
08. Thinner Than Water
09. Sing-A-Long
10. I Don't See Anything
11. Happy Numbers
12. Yellow Moon (Don't Put Me Down)
13. Bliss
14. Talking To The Rain

I am thrilled to share this album with you guys because I think this was, by far, my best find of 2011. The Patinettes are an indie band from Spain who capture the hippie vibe very well. The whole album is sung in english and the production is well executed. I can't do anything but give praise to this record.

The opening track, Mystic Monkey, captures the essence of what you're going to hear on the rest of the album: Melodic Rock Pop with strong Beatles and Beach Boys influences. Don't miss this one and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. *Click, click*

Download Link

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:47 AM #7 of 17
I used to pull a lot of great music from this thread. Gonna make an effort to revive this and see how it goes. In any case, I'm going to try to listen to a new album each week and post my findings here. If anyone else wants to take this summer challenge with me, jump right in. Once grad school starts again in September, I'm unsure if I'll be able to do this, but for the time being SUMMMMEEERRR!

*Also I'll be dropping in torrent links instead of sendspace. I'm lazy...

Asobi Seksu - Citrus
Year: 2006
Label: Friendly Fire Recordings
Genre: Shoegaze

01. "Everything Is On" – 0:17
02. "Strawberries" – 3:57
03. "New Years" – 3:01
04. "Thursday" – 4:17
05. "Strings" – 5:27
06. "Pink Cloud Tracing Paper" – 3:27
07. "Red Sea" – 7:45
08. "Goodbye" – 3:44
09. "Lions and Tigers" – 4:08
10. "Nefi + Girly" – 4:37
11. "Exotic Animal Paradise" – 4:06
12. "Mizu Asobi" – 2:40

I dropped some youtube links for 3 of the songs. Check it out and get a sample. Do you like female vocalists with wispy vocals? Do you like female vocalists who are Japanese but live in NYC with wispy vocals? Then you'll probably like Asobi Seksu. Literally translating to "fun sex" in English, the band reminds me of other great bands with female leads ie: Cat Power, Blond Redhead, etc.

Get that ish here
It looks like there is only 1 seeder when I checked. If you are feeling particularly moved by the music, PM me and I will put it up on sendspace or something.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by THIEF; Jul 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:22 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2013, 09:22 PM 1 #8 of 17
Ohhh I'm glad this thread looks like it's reviving! I always wanted to get involved in some way but never got round to it. Hyde, that sounds like a great idea, I might try to keep pace with you~ Anyway, hope that stuff I choose isn't too "on the nose"...

Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue
Year: 2009
Label: Warp
Genre: Electronica/Folk

1. Ambivalence Avenue
2. Jealous of Roses
3. All the Flowers
4. Fire Ant
5. Haikuesque (When She Laughs)
6. Sugarette
7. Lover's Carvings
8. Abrasion
9. S'Vive
10. The Palm of Your Wave
11. Cry! Baby!
12. Dwrcan

I have to start with this album. I only discovered it last year and it's really got under my skin. Being a massive BoC fan it's nice to find an artist who can give a nod to their nostalgic, fuzzy warmth while having great individual flair. There's a relative amount of scope on this album in terms of style; from a rich acoustic sound, to glitchy, chill beats, even a bit of funk thrown in there for good measure. I don't feel as if there's a single weak song on the album.

Listen online here, I hope that's okay

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:58 AM #9 of 17
I'll throw in for this - but as some might remember, I'm the kid who makes a stink over filesharing. So until I come across something that is legit free-to-give (I have one or two), I'll just post some YouTube links instead. Yes, I will be the Indian Giver of this thread.

One of the pluses at my job is that the local radio station puts out a bin of free CDs. Its normally full of crap but once in a while, you find a real gem in there. One of the better finds I've made in the last few years is Tristeza's first album "Spine and Sensory", which is a terrific instrumental rock band that does very laid back, party-out type music. Its not quite psychedelic but is terrific for a late night drive or a lazy summer afternoon.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

(Unfortunately, my home PC is shitting the bed due to a bad motherboard, so I am unsure if I can have her on long enough to complete an upload.)

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Jul 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:46 PM #10 of 17
Noisewaves
Year 2010
Label: Bandcamp
Genre: Chiptune Post-rock (you read that right)

1. If I'm A Baker, You're A Homewrecker - 03:15
2. Someone Unique - 02:56
3. Voice Recognition, Everything - 02:50
4. Horses With Fake Legs - 02:36
5. Do I Look Like I Want To Play Volleyball? - 03:36

A couple years ago, when I was going through my post-rock phase and wondered why there was no chiptune post-rock band. Low and behold, I stumbled upon Noisewaves, a Michigan-based guitarist . The self-titled e.p. Noisewaves features five sweet post-rock tracks. My only disappointment is the length of the tracks which are a bit short for the post-rock genre.

Listen for free online and download at Bandcamp.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:41 PM #11 of 17
B.I.M.A.
Year: 2013
Label: Soundcloud
Genre: Mash up

01. Towers Down Under (SpareElbowSkin)
02. Beth Rest Play Video Games (ToToM)
03. Settle down in Perth (Fissunix)
04. Lonely In Minnesota Tonight (SpareElbowSkin)
05. Short State + Long Dog = Minnesota (ToToM)
06. Une Bonne Erreur (Colatron)
07. Calgary me (ToToM)
08. De Ushuaia a La Quiaca con Beth, sin descanso (SpareElbowSkin)
09. Holocene for a night (Fissunix)
10. Fixing Perth (SpareElbowSkin)
11. Bon Pop (ToToM)
(a bonus track for the dancefloor)

It took me some time to get into mashups in general, but there have definitely been some awesome mash ups in the past ie: The Grey Album, Ocarina of Rhyme, Chrono Jigger, etc. In this album Bon Iver songs are mashed up with Lana Del Rey, Cake, Coldplay, Florence and the Machine, and yes, Bon Iver. Bon Iver mashed up with Bon Iver. My personal favorite from the album is track 10.

Oh, did I mention that this is free and available for download on Soundcloud?

Website
Soundcloud

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by THIEF; Aug 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:40 PM 1 #12 of 17
Twin Shadow - Confess
Label: 4AD
Genre: Synthwave, New Wave

1. "Golden Light" - 4:38
2. "You Call Me On" - 3:31
3. "Five Seconds" - 4:20
4. "Run My Heart" - 4:38
5. "The One" - 3:18
6. "Beg for the Night" - 3:42
7. "Patient" - 3:25
8. "When the Movie's Over" - 3:58
9. "I Don't Care" - 2:47
10. "Be Mine Tonight/Mirror In The Dark ( Hidden Track starts at 5:27)" - 8:49

For those longing for the sounds of the 80's from a recent band, let me present to you Twin Shadow's most recent album Confess. Twin Shadow, George Lewis Jr., is an American musician and producer who started Twin Shadow in Brooklyn, NY back in 2000. Lewis gained inspiration for Confess after experiencing a motorcycle accident in Boston. Pitchfork article right here!

The album feels like it literally jumped out of the end credits of a John Hughes' film (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit). Lewis applies a level of polish and production of 2012 to 80's vocals and instrumentation to create a sound that is familiar, clean, and nostalgic. For those looking for something new and old at the same time, this is your ticket. Check out the youtube links on track 3, 6, 7. Track 3, 5 seconds, is definitely my favorite song of the album. Also check out that cheesy album art.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by THIEF; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2013, 05:35 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2013, 04:35 PM #13 of 17
Mexican Dubwiser - Revolution Radio
Label: Kin Kon Records
Genre: Dub, Cumbia, Electronic

01. Intro (feat Treasure Don)
02. Cumbia of the great (feat Candice Cannabis & Blanquito Man)
03. Trouble in my soul (feat Artwork Jamal)
04. Ahi les va (feat Celso Piña)
05. Revolution radio (feat Rocky Dawuni)
06. Musical Minds (feat Yarah Bravo)
07. Baile de los muertos (feat Candice Cannabis & Blanquito Man)
08. Mexican Dubwiser (feat Treasure & Serko Fuentes)
09. False Planet Lifestyle (feat Ruben Albarran)
10. Cumbia rey vera (feat Ulises "El Licenciado" Lozano)
11. Reyna de Constelación (feat Pato Machete)
12. El dub del mariachi (feat El Mariachi Oraculo)
13. No one cares (feat Artwork Jamal)

Mexican Dubwiser has been one of the persons who has been key to bringing cumbia sounds to new markets and with his debut album, Revolution Radio, demostrates that he has enough connections to make his contribution worth a listen.

In this record you'll find dub, cumbia, sonidero mixed with jamaican style vocals and the occasional rap. Standout tracks are the lead single Trouble in my soul, Ahi les va and Cumbia of the great.

Download!

I was speaking idiomatically.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2013, 02:19 AM #14 of 17
Tawnee, I'm gonna check this band out and let you know what I think. Thanks for the post!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:12 PM 1 #15 of 17
Lucius - Wildewoman
Label: Lucius
Genre: Indie pop (don't judge me)

1. "Wildewoman" – 4:11
2. "Turn It Around" – 3:28
3. "Go Home" – 3:19
4. "Hey, Doreen" – 4:41
5. "Tempest" – 4:09 (Laessig/Molad/Wolfe)
6. "Nothing Ordinary" – 3:01
7. "Two of Us on the Run" – 4:35
8. "Until We Get There" – 3:28 (Laessig/Molad/Wolfe)
9. "Don't Just Sit There" – 3:51
10. "Monsters" – 3:29
11. "How Loud Your Heart Gets" – 5:38

Another Brooklyn-based band, this time a female duo. They hit the scene with their debut album Wildewomen and quickly gained traction among listeners and reviewers alike. Their sound has been compared to 1960's girl pop with enchanting vocals from singers Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig.

Oh, and economist Paul Krugman is a fan. He even wrote a bit for NYTimes opinion page about them.

Spotify link

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2014, 02:02 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2014, 12:02 AM 2 #16 of 17
Quakers - Quakers
Label: Stones Throw

Quakers is a hip-hop collective boasting well over 30 members which are all in some way, shape and form produced around a core of three heads: Fuzzface (Geoff Barrow, who most of you might know from his superb work with Portishead), 7-Stu-7 and Katalyst. Heavyweights like Guilty Simpson, Johnwayne and King Magnetic (all Stones Throw label artists as well, so a major shout out goes to Peanut Butter Wolf for putting this highly-enigmatic house of music together) all make appearances in this highly-eclectic album chock full of nonbitchassness. Here's a Spotify link to the 3 tracks they have on there, but I urge you to cop it. For real.

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels
Label: Fool's Gold

But, wait... THERE'S MORE!!!

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2
Year: 2014
Label: Mass Appeal

Run The Jewels is a hip hop duo formed by El-P (founder and owner of Definitive Jux records, the first label of my favorite rapper, Aesop Rock) and Atlanta-based rapper Killer Mike. These two furious fuckers took the standard model of southern rap beats and added a slight New York mix (provided graciously by El-P's production; he processed both albums' beats single-handedly) and inexplicably came up with a winning formula that mixes politics, vulgarity, nihilistic gun banter and raw lyrics into a single, tightly-packed audio bomb.

What's even more impressive is that they did it for free.

TWICE.

Both albums are free for download legally. Cop them both. (You'll need to sign up with an email address at both links above for your free download, but it's free music. Get to it!)

But, hey, we can be too serious about this music project, right? A recent Kickstarter project recently raised enough funds to get these two knuckleheads to remix their newest album using only cat sounds! Here's El-P auditioning cats for this.

Too lazy (or paranoid) to download the albums? Check them both out on Spotify here and here.

Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
Label: Williams Street

Speaking of Run The Jewels, start listening to their first collaboration! Killer Mike's major debut album was also produced by El-P and is about as explosive as a debut as you can expect from a rapper coming out of the wasteland that I consider Southern hip hop to be. Most of Southern hip hop (with a handful of exceptions, most notably OUTKAST) has been a simmering stew of gang violence, cocaine and purple drank for many years now. But if you wanna know what to be in for with Killer Mike's music, you really need to look no further than his in-depth-yet-simplistic breakdown of Reaganomics in his track, "Reagan":

YouTube Video

Spotify link to the rest of the album here.

AND FINALLY

Gentle Jamie - Survivor Series
Label: None

Gentle Jamie is a friend of mine and former member of a hip hop group I mentioned in this club well over 5 years ago and still favorites of mine: The Argyle Pimps. The Pimps (sadly) broke up a couple of years ago and he alone has been carrying the torch of the Pimps' brand of Rat Pack-esque hip hop since. He's a nerd at heart like most of us here and that shines through in his music with a comedic bravura that can't be explained in simple sentences. His lyrics range in topics from accidentally being an accessory to bank robbery via a buxom bipolar blonde to wallowing in depravity in an apartment while eating peanut butter sandwiches. To listen to this album, you really just kind of have to let his weird sense of humor and mid-century throwback beats transport you to where he's currently at and hope you don't fall off the coaster when it's on its its downslide.

Spotify link to the album here.

(I missed you guys~ <3 )

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2015, 03:59 PM Local time: Aug 13, 2015, 10:59 PM #17 of 17
Hey Paco, you always recommend good music! I checked out Quakers and it seems pretty cool. And of course RTJ and everything else El-P does is fuckin awesome.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure: REDUX