Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 05:10 PM #2626 of 4284
if i knew vb codes i would have marquee'd this but yeah gamefaqs.com is the best help.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 11:29 AM #2627 of 4284
The Genji set isn't that great, if this remedies your suffering

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 04:47 AM #2628 of 4284
all you really missed was the gloves, I replaced the rest quickly.

- WraithTwo -

Most amazing jew boots
Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:35 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 06:35 AM #2629 of 4284
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Jesus Christ, this game... I just found out I completely missed out on the Genji set because the only way you can get it is stealing from Gilgamesh. Now that makes 2 things I've missed out on, the Zodiac Spear and the armor. Hopefully there's nothing else.

seanne, I've filled up all the altars of night in the Penumbra at Ridorana, how the hell do I get to the Umbra and Abyssal? I can't remove orbs or put them anymore, how do I reset them?
If you've filled all four of them and are no longer able to put any more in them, you should be able to go back to the elevator and have Umbra as an option for a level to go to. Same with once you fill the Umbra's alters, the Abyssal will open.

Originally Posted by WraithTwo
all you really missed was the gloves, I replaced the rest quickly.
Hehe, I don't even use the gloves anymore either. I've just been sticking with the Cat Ear Hoods for the most part.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Jarllax; Dec 5, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:38 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 09:38 AM #2630 of 4284
Originally Posted by Jarllax
If you've filled all four of them and are no longer able to put any more in them, you should be able to go back to the elevator and have Umbra as an option for a level to go to. Same with once you fill the Umbra's alters, the Abyssal will open.

Hehe, I don't even use the gloves anymore either. I've just been sticking with the Cat Ear Hoods for the most part.
I used the hoods on 5 and the gloves on the last one. For the most part, I just didn't think the hoods were big enough to replace the gloves. The only problem with the hood is that any time there's area effect magic, they hardly even matter, because the game allows all the bars to fill then freezes anyways. With of the end game hunts/bosses, this becomes a huge problem.

Also, when your guys have haste on, the boost in speed is dimished further.

- WraithTwo -

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 01:29 AM #2631 of 4284
Have you tried the internet? Also, why would you like to know of the min/max HP for each level? What difference does it make if you have a list of the min/max for every 10 levels? Just curious.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 03:04 PM #2632 of 4284
I used the hoods on 5 and the gloves on the last one. For the most part, I just didn't think the hoods were big enough to replace the gloves. The only problem with the hood is that any time there's area effect magic, they hardly even matter, because the game allows all the bars to fill then freezes anyways. With of the end game hunts/bosses, this becomes a huge problem.

Also, when your guys have haste on, the boost in speed is dimished further.

- WraithTwo -
Damn, thanks Jarllax and WraithTwo. I'd love to have the gloves on Balthier or Vaan when I finally make the Tournesol, but looks like they're not all that great it seems. I'll try the altar thing soon, because after I filled them the only option the elevator gave was 1st floor.

WraithTwo, the hood is useless if you're using it for a speed boost, it's main purpose is to make speed weapon users far stronger than they normally are. I've tried it myself using the Sagittarius + Artemis Arrows (w/ Hood) and without. The difference is staggering, same thing with the ninja swords and daggers.

Oh, and thanks Musharraf, it does. Now I'm looking for armor better than Maximiliian before going and getting Zodiarc. I've already got plenty of black and white masks.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 03:36 PM #2633 of 4284
Embroidered Tippets are by far the most superior item anyways. Nothing beats Double Experience Points gained.

Also, a little tip I picked up was that if you have the Golden Amulet equipped you gain double LP whether you are active or not. So...as soon as you get any Golden Amulets throw them on your inactive party members.
I managed to save up 15,000 LP on Balthier and went from an empty License grid to a completed grid.

Most amazing jew boots
Ashe
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4039

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 03:56 PM #2634 of 4284
Perhaps a japanese site: http://ff12.jp

Vaan ~ ヴァン: http://ff12.jp/ff12_chara1.html
Balflear ~ バルフレア : http://ff12.jp/ff12_chara2.html

till level 50 only.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 04:09 PM #2635 of 4284
Embroidered Tippets are by far the most superior item anyways. Nothing beats Double Experience Points gained.

Also, a little tip I picked up was that if you have the Golden Amulet equipped you gain double LP whether you are active or not. So...as soon as you get any Golden Amulets throw them on your inactive party members.
I managed to save up 15,000 LP on Balthier and went from an empty License grid to a completed grid.
15k? I've got something around 22k on one of them at the moment, and all this tme I assumed the limit for LP was 9999, looks like that's not the case. Well, it doesn't matter as I've had a full grid for everyone for quite a while now. I'm sure you've already got
Spoiler:
Vossler in your Sky Pirate's Den, right? Technicks is definitely easy to finish, so it's not hard to get him in there.

Tippets = Awesome, and they're the main reason why the Overlooking Eternity map goes from a great leveling area to just... WOW.

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 05:04 PM #2636 of 4284

Eh, Tippets aren't so hot 90 hours into the game, after everyone has finished their grids and are max level. :/

Also, good point Metal. I haven't used daggers for a while in my game, and I hated the Ninja Swords because so much of the game is immune to them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:17 PM #2637 of 4284
Eh, Tippets aren't so hot 90 hours into the game, after everyone has finished their grids and are max level. :/
Well, that's after everything's said and done. Back when you were leveling and filling your board, they were true godsends. Imagine maxing out your level without the Tippet, and you'll see why I'm grateful they're in the game. Amulets aren't anywhere near as useful, since you're going to be killing hordes of enemies to level before getting the ET, as I did. I had 95% of it finished before getting it, for example.

Quote:
Also, good point Metal. I haven't used daggers for a while in my game, and I hated the Ninja Swords because so much of the game is immune to them.
I've already got these ultimate weapons:

- Whale Whisker (6.5k-7k is real nice with this spear-like pole)
- Gastrophetes (very nice attack, even with the Sap-bolts, can't wait for Grand Bolts. The Penetrator Crossbow looked more like a final weapon though)
- Masamune (the color scheme fits my SamuraiFran perfectly especially the red line along the blade and Fran's red fringes on her outfit)
- Sagittarius (The best looking ultimate weapon I have so far. This thing, for all the damn effort you have to put into getting the materials, is fantastic. The damage is sublime without the Cat-Ear Hood, and incredible with it on. Throw on the Artemis or Ice Cloud arrows for even more damage. If the enemy's resistant or immune, Assassin's arrows for them.)

I've given up completely on the Zodiac Spear, worst time sink I've ever seen in an offline console game. Excalibur's a 2 handed sword, right? If it's not, I'm going to go and get that in Giruvegan, because while the Durandal's nice, I'd like to start getting the best for my people. Tournesol's already on the way, though I'm not looking forward to chaining Tartarus and Cerberus enemies until the latter drops the thing every 100 to 200 chain.

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 07:08 PM #2638 of 4284
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Well, that's after everything's said and done. Back when you were leveling and filling your board, they were true godsends. Imagine maxing out your level without the Tippet, and you'll see why I'm grateful they're in the game. Amulets aren't anywhere near as useful, since you're going to be killing hordes of enemies to level before getting the ET, as I did. I had 95% of it finished before getting it, for example.

I've already got these ultimate weapons:

- Whale Whisker (6.5k-7k is real nice with this spear-like pole)
- Gastrophetes (very nice attack, even with the Sap-bolts, can't wait for Grand Bolts. The Penetrator Crossbow looked more like a final weapon though)
- Masamune (the color scheme fits my SamuraiFran perfectly especially the red line along the blade and Fran's red fringes on her outfit)
- Sagittarius (The best looking ultimate weapon I have so far. This thing, for all the damn effort you have to put into getting the materials, is fantastic. The damage is sublime without the Cat-Ear Hood, and incredible with it on. Throw on the Artemis or Ice Cloud arrows for even more damage. If the enemy's resistant or immune, Assassin's arrows for them.)

I've given up completely on the Zodiac Spear, worst time sink I've ever seen in an offline console game. Excalibur's a 2 handed sword, right? If it's not, I'm going to go and get that in Giruvegan, because while the Durandal's nice, I'd like to start getting the best for my people. Tournesol's already on the way, though I'm not looking forward to chaining Tartarus and Cerberus enemies until the latter drops the thing every 100 to 200 chain.
I was mostly joking on the tippet thing, the 2x xp and lp accessories were godsends. Also, luckily, I got the Zodiac Spear the easy way. Also, Sagittarius is nice, but I'm natually biased against bows, because comboing seems very important to me. When all my characters are doing max/near max damage, number of hits becomes most important. Bows were decent/great earlier on, but they eventually start to diminish in usefullness.

- WraithTwo -

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:18 PM #2639 of 4284
I was mostly joking on the tippet thing, the 2x xp and lp accessories were godsends. Also, luckily, I got the Zodiac Spear the easy way. Also, Sagittarius is nice, but I'm natually biased against bows, because comboing seems very important to me. When all my characters are doing max/near max damage, number of hits becomes most important. Bows were decent/great earlier on, but they eventually start to diminish in usefullness.

- WraithTwo -
Well, I missed out on the Genji gloves which would've been great for combos, so that really isn't all that important. Plus, my leaders are bow users which keep them out of the range of most range spells/techniques especially when one of my attackers has decoy on them so I can go behind the enemy and Expose/Buff/Revive to my heart's content.

FELIPE NO

Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 10:31 PM #2640 of 4284
Could someone give me a link to all the pros / cons for different weapons. I want to know about maces, and poles. Is there a definitive FAQ for this anyway? (not at gamefaqs apparently) its just a little bit of a total amount of information... that I would like. Heh. Ah, found something.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...xii_weapon.txt

Also: Do licenses like Potion Lore with Potion Lore 1, 2, and 3: does each license topple the effect of more effective potion? Or can I just skip to Potion Lore 3? I imagine they do topple.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not

Last edited by Aquas; Dec 6, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:11 PM #2641 of 4284
I started playing game again. All I did today was complete the Antlion, Belitos and Trickster hunts. I never thought I'd see actual voice overs during a Hunt, so that was cool.

I suppose I'm already halfway done with the Marks. I am at a little over 20 right now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:51 AM #2642 of 4284
The Antlion? Hah, I couldn't even get that far into the mine. The damn headless monsters absolutely killed my party. Well, I never actually game-over'd, but it was close, so I had to leave. Does anyone have any tips? My characters are all pretty well-levelled and have strong weapons.

I'm wondering if I should use the Negalmuur auto-leveling trick...

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Dec 7, 2006 at 04:43 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 05:08 AM #2643 of 4284
Well, those Headless actually appears in the actual storyline much later than where you are in the game, so it's probably no wonder they're killing your party. I'd advise against going after the Antlion for now.

PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 03:17 AM #2644 of 4284
Well, one on one, I can kill them in just a few hits, but two or more and I have trouble managing things. The desperation attack they use is the worst, though. I actually had to use my other three characters because my current party got killed in one hit! Even Bubble doesn't help much. I need better armor.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; Dec 7, 2006 at 05:30 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:45 AM #2645 of 4284
Ouchies. Yes, better armour would definitely help. I was skimping on armour earlier in the game until the difficulty ramped up considerably. After getting better armour,the going was a lot easier. I only have one bubble belt :D

Demonikai
White Wolf

Member 16622

Level 1.34

Dec 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:56 PM #2646 of 4284
I want the game =(

No money though, saving for Christmas to buy gifts...

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:31 PM #2647 of 4284
Just defeated Zodiark, earning me 2 Sky Pirate Den folks instantly

- Belias ('Awarded for obtaining ever Esper, earning you the title of High Summoner')
- Zodiark ('Awarded for defeating Zodiark, earning you the title of Zodiac Knight)

And since I had my license board filled with the exception of ole Z, I went ahead and gave him to Penelo. Now everyone has at least 2 summons, and Penelo has 3 (Zodiark, Ultima, Zeromus). When I did that I got another Sky Pirate character the new one being:

- Rasler (Awarded for learning every License, earning you the title of Conqueror)

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic, especially after defeating one of the cheapest FF bosses I've ever faced. This cat spammed Darkja 15 TIMES when he was in HP critical . This on top of the first 10 times really started to irritate me, but the attack itself is nothing. Bringing Black Masks with you to absorb Darkja's damage and heal yourself is a godsend, but that attack has a shitty little trick: It randomly uses death on one of your active party members.

During the battle I had this happen:

- 1 party members KO'd - 17 times
- 2 party members KO'd - 5 times
- Active Party Wipeout (3 party members KO'd) - 3 times

Needless to say, your backup guys better be strong because he's unbelievably fast in every sense. His buffs go up like lightning, he spells often interrupt/precede yours and he switches immunities on a per-attack basis. He does it so frequently that the combat log still has his first switch showing, which only adds to the confusion.

Lastly, make sure you bring White Masks along too (just don't forget to take them off for Darkja), since he does use Banishing Ray which is a Holy-based spell/attack. So the difficulty isn't even genuine, they made an enemy that used every cheap trick they threw in this game to artificially add to the difficulty.

Hopefully Yiazmat/Hell Wyrm/Omega are actually challenges, and not Zodiark 2.0s.

FELIPE NO

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:51 AM #2648 of 4284
Unlike that geek Metal Sphere [lol], I haven't had the time to get where he's at, However I just beat my own esper, Cuchulainn. He wasn't as hard as Adrammelech to me, however despite using Curaja, I had to use my mega elixirs, for the quickening chains.

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:56 AM #2649 of 4284
Since everyone is talking about Espers, I tried getting that one in the Stilshrine of Miriam, and I got my ass kicked, with no way of using magic. Add to that all those status ailments (Stop, Poison, Slow, etc) and a gazillion skeleton sidekicks.

I didn't play much today. Just finished one hunt: the Lyndworm. Wasn't hard, but even a big quickening chain didn't finish it off, despite having just a fraction of HP left before the chain even started.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:08 AM #2650 of 4284
Originally Posted by Karasu
Unlike that geek Metal Sphere [lol], I haven't had the time to get where he's at, However I just beat my own esper, Cuchulainn. He wasn't as hard as Adrammelech to me, however despite using Curaja, I had to use my mega elixirs, for the quickening chains.
I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but a steady drip wears the rock or something like that. I take care not to play more than maybe an hour or two, since it's easy to get burned out on this game (like an MMO, unsurprisingly).

I was level 93 when I entered Henne Mine's secret area, and level 95 when I reached Zodiark. This was without Embroidered Tippets, the enemies (Abysteels, Hecteyes, Necrofiends, Etme, Gizamalukes,) were handing over at least 3k. The Abysteels were on the low end, the Etme and Gizamalukes (new plate wyrm) on the high end.

I had Bubble Chains all around, since you can't withstand 2,000+ HP Leech attacks even with Protectga up. Brutal, but if you manage to survive, it's an incredible leveling area.

Oh, and finally went to Montblanc after I beat Zodiark and he gave me:

- 1 Serpentarius (this is ridiculously complicated to make)
- 2 Teleport Stones

Oh and Wolf, don't use Quickenings. You can do far more damage with normal attacks, and they're FAR removed from the semi-randomness that is Quickening damage.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII