Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Replacing Hard Drive, Results in no display?

BT12345
Carob Nut

Member 1353

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:52 PM #1 of 4
Replacing Hard Drive, Results in no display?

Here are some specifications for my computer
Asus P4C800e Deluxe Motherboard
Intel 3.0 Ghz
Western Digital Caviar SE 200 GB HDD
Radeon 9800 Pro

I placed an advance RMA with Western Digital, and I got the new hard drive yesterday. But whenever replace the old hdd with the new one, I get no visual display on my monitor. If I were to place the old hdd back, visual display would be restored. Is it related to some kind of motherboard hardware security function?

Any ideas how I can get this hard drive up and running with some visuals?
Thanks

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 12:09 AM #2 of 4
From looking at the specs of the Western Digital Caviar SE 200 GB HDD, its an EIDE type meaning that the cable your using may not be the correct type but that's just a wild guess.

You could try installing the new HDD and reset the CMOS on your motherboard to see if that makes it spring to life.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 01:00 AM #3 of 4
You get nothing right from the time that you turn on the power, or you get nothing when Windows has loaded?

Most amazing jew boots
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:06 PM #4 of 4
Does the computer POST with no hard drive connected?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Replacing Hard Drive, Results in no display?