Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Toddler found playing on highway

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 12:52 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 11:52 PM #1 of 33
Toddler found playing on highway

Quote:
Originally posted at http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/31/hig...rss_topstories
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AP) -- Drivers swerved cars and trucks into other lanes to avoid a 3-year-old boy, wearing only a diaper and T-shirt, who was playing along a busy highway after wandering away from home while his mother slept, police said.

Some motorists stopped along Interstate 465 on the city's west side Saturday to take care of the boy until officers arrived, the Indiana State Police said.

The boy, Damon Dyer, was unscathed as at least a half-dozen cars and a tractor-trailer rig swerved into other lanes to avoid him. Temperatures were in the mid 50s as the boy ran around barefooted.

Police said they traced the toddler to an apartment at a nearby complex, where they found his mother, Nancy Dyer asleep in a filthy apartment and his 2-year-old sister eating spaghetti off the floor.

Dyer, 33, was arrested on two counts of child neglect and remained in custody Sunday, officials said.

Senior State Trooper Cedric Merritt said that when Dyer was told of her son's activities, she responded: "Oh, he got out again."

Investigators said the boy got out his second-story apartment, went down stairs and got around a fence to reach the highway about 200 yards away.
It boggles my mind that someone can give birth to a child, then so blatantly disregard their safety and not look out for their wellbeing. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was an exhausted single mother trying to raise two kids by herself, but it doesn't sound like it (even cutting through the media glitz).

Opinions on child neglect? It's the blanket charge to cover when kids get out or when we don't like the living conditions a kid is in, and I'm split on the issue myself.

Most amazing jew boots
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 01:14 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 04:14 PM #2 of 33
Bah, that "parent"'s attitude is very irksome. Such despicable bahaviour. She should be thankful that the drivers on the highway were much more alert than she was at the time.

Originally Posted by Article
Police said they traced the toddler to an apartment at a nearby complex, where they found his mother, Nancy Dyer asleep in a filthy apartment and his 2-year-old sister eating spaghetti off the floor.
The other child was eating spaghetti off the floor..? Even in the best case scenario of that sentence (the child eating the spaghetti while sitting on the floor), it still is awful parenting shown by Ms. Dyer.

Originally Posted by Article
Senior State Trooper Cedric Merritt said that when Dyer was told of her son's activities, she responded: "Oh, he got out again."
lol, is this statement coming from a lady who's half asleep or is that her in her most conscious state?

At least the kids weren't hurt and hopefully they'll find a better home soon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 01:38 AM #3 of 33
lol'd at this
Quote:
Oh hello, white trash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 01:39 AM #4 of 33
I escaped our apartment in Regina, Sask. when I was 3 before my mom woke up, walked across the neighbouring freeway and went to a 7-11 to get some candy (I got it for free too!)

The only things I remember now (most of the story I was told by my mom), is getting the free candy, and how pissed my mom was when she came over to the store.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:46 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 09:46 AM #5 of 33
Quote:
Bah, that "parent"'s attitude is very irksome.
Brother, if ever there was an award for understatement of the year THAT would be it.

That chick does not, under any circumstances, need to be a parent. Anytime you can nonchalantly respond with "oh he got out again" to your 3 year old baby crawling into the middle of heavy traffic and playing duck-duck goose with a bevy of cars and a fucking tractor trailer then you need to be slapped. It's like something out of Looney Tunes or a Popeye cartoon. It's surreal.

She sounds like a straight up crackhead.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:55 AM #6 of 33
I escaped our apartment in Regina, Sask. when I was 3 before my mom woke up, walked across the neighbouring freeway and went to a 7-11 to get some candy (I got it for free too!)

The only things I remember now (most of the story I was told by my mom), is getting the free candy, and how pissed my mom was when she came over to the store.
I'll bet the police didn't find your sister in a filthy apartment eating spaghetti off the floor.

This is the worst thing I can think of. And this is probably only the tip of the iceberg. I'll bet these kids were living a life of pure hell. This woman needs to go to jail and never get her kids back.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:04 AM #7 of 33
I can say that when I was maybe 4 years old, I was out in the yard playing and I decided to go for a walk all by myself. This walk involved going to the end of a busy street and into the woods to "visit the fairy" who lived in a water tower.

My mother was not asleep or anything. I was just allowed to play in the yard.

I got as far as halfway down the busy street before Mom figured out where the fuck I was and came after me. So yea, kids will do stupid things - and FAST.

That doesn't mean I defend this woman. It sounds like she's a pretty disgraceful parent, even by her response. "O, he got out again." Jesus Christ, lady. This happens a lot?

FELIPE NO
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:05 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 10:05 AM #8 of 33
I'll bet the police didn't find your sister in a filthy apartment eating spaghetti off the floor.

This is the worst thing I can think of. And this is probably only the tip of the iceberg. I'll bet these kids were living a life of pure hell. This woman needs to go to jail and never get her kids back.

I've heard worse. i remember a story from a while back about this crazy lady who would frequently lock her young son in a small dark closet and pour bleach on him to "force the demons out." No one knew that any of this was going on until the boy died. I WANNA say he either fell from a window or died in a hospital. I forget because it's been so long ago. The killing part of the story was that the woman also had a little girl, but she treated her like a normal child. Unless I'm mixing up stories here, she had this psycho thing against men, so her very young son was doomed from the start.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Dubble; Jan 2, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:07 AM #9 of 33
That reminds me of those A Child Called It books. Apparently the mother treated all her other children just fine. I hate people sometimes.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
taiga,
DRUNKARD

Member 1455

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:10 AM #10 of 33
It boggles my mind that someone can give birth to a child, then so blatantly disregard their safety and not look out for their wellbeing.
Doesn't boggle my mind. I'll be reading a very similar story about my neighbor any day now, I'm sure. Welcome to America!

Most amazing jew boots
rocketdog
formerly known as Green

Member 483

Level 23.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:11 AM #11 of 33
since we're talking about youngin's getting shafted, i just heard on the radio some 9 year old boy died today while hanging himself. He hung himself from the ceiling fan with the help of his sister while trying to imitate what they did to saddam.

Can't find the article but i heard it on NPR!!! pretty damn rediculous.

Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:13 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 10:13 AM #12 of 33
since we're talking about youngin's getting shafted, i just heard on the radio some 9 year old boy died today while hanging himself. He hung himself from the ceiling fan with the help of his sister while trying to imitate what they did to saddam.

why would any parent even let thier kid watch that to begin with?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:19 AM #13 of 33
I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I have a nine year old son and it's just unthinkable to me.

How ya doing, buddy?
KaneSlayer
Strawberry Mitsuda Fanboy

Member 17287

Level 2.38

Dec 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:13 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 01:13 AM #14 of 33
Oh my, thats really sad.

There was a time when I used to only look at one side of the story. Not anymore. The quotes used in the article can be so easily brought out of context, in my opinion. What could be happening on the MOTHER' S side to be causing her to be living in that kind of condition? So many possibilities, though I have to agree that the actual incident's a bit...surreal and what's happening to the mom is not good enough a reason to let her child run rampant in the friggin' highway like that...

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 05:25 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 05:25 PM #15 of 33
Wow. That is shocking. I hope the kids find a much better place to be with a more caring and responsible family. Although I have a relative who is very bad with his kids, this is still something that blows me away. And to think there are a lot of parents like this....

FELIPE NO
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 05:59 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 03:59 PM #16 of 33

This is probably very coldhearted, but that kid deserves a Darwin Award for doing that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 06:13 PM #17 of 33
The news is corrupting our children, making them kill themselves. We need government censorship, for the children. Isn't that how these arguments go?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 08:58 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 11:28 PM #18 of 33
I think what really needs to be done is to take a large newspaper, roll it up, take all of these parents like this woman, smack her over the head repeatedly and go "NO!" and then wag your finger at her

Most amazing jew boots

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:49 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 12:19 AM #19 of 33
I'll say it once, and I'll say it again once you have a child, your life from here on out should be dedicated to ensure that your kid to live in safe loving environment. I am absolutely getting sick and tired of parents being irresponsible with their kids because of their own selfishness.

As a parent you have an obligation to protect your children and try your best to be responsible for them. Yes kids will do dangerous things out of morbid curiousity, but thats not an excuse to allow themselves to place them in dangerous situations. You have to try your best to teach them and protect them in any and every possible way.

I sincerely hope this parent does not get her kids back unless she is willing to grow up and be responsible for her kids well being.

Fiddlegoof
Chicken butt!

Member 16189

Level 13.88

Nov 2006

Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:54 PM Local time: Jan 2, 2007, 08:54 PM #20 of 33
Quote:
The thought of that made me LOL. Very poor living conditions though I must say.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 03:09 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 01:09 AM #21 of 33
This behavior derives DIRECTLY from cartoons and we're subliminally fed this imagery from the time we're kids. Do you guys really think it's a coincidence that Popeye could only turn into an invincible man after acquiring some "greens" and Olive Oyl was always absentmindedly letting Sweetpea run into traffic? This was clearly a family of drug-addicts and child neglecters.

I was speaking idiomatically.
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 04:43 AM #22 of 33
It's obvious that the mom is terrible, but how about the drivers swerving out of the way. How about getting out of the car and driving the kid to the nearest police station instead of letting it sit in the street waiting to become road kill?

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 05:26 AM #23 of 33
So, a filthy apartment, one kid eating off the floor, the other one walking on the highway, and the mother is sleeping. I wonder where the father was.

Don't get me wrong - the woman is guilty as sin and it is her fault the entire thing has happened.
I'm just wondering what kind of a scumbag has two children and doesn't give a piss about them like this. Not that the mother was much better, but come on. What's happened to being an adult and taking care of your own children - no matter how disinclined you are to do so.

[/waaay offtopic]

FELIPE NO
Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 05:53 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 04:53 AM #24 of 33
I'm just wondering what kind of a scumbag has two children and doesn't give a piss about them like this.
[/waaay offtopic]
so many things i could say in response to this about my own familial situations (and probably countless others), yet so little time to say them in. =\

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Chocolate
Loves Her Boyfriend

Member 429

Level 13.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:06 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 08:06 AM #25 of 33
Quote:
Drivers swerved cars and trucks into other lanes to avoid a 3-year-old boy, wearing only a diaper and T-shirt, who was playing along a busy highway after wandering away from home while his mother slept, police said.
First, why is a three year old wearing a diaper? And for some reason, the three year olds at my daycare center when I think about have more than enough sense than to sit in the middle of the road. Maybe his mom's neglected has caused delayed mental development?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Toddler found playing on highway